Info-Tech Research Group

Info-Tech Research Group Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews
Lack of leads and very competitive atmosphere. Basically a call center with perks to distract from the constant negativity of the work and lack of flexibility in working hours
this place is like a frat house. Manager and co works drink on the job to the point that they need to be sent home. No guidance at all, it is a telesales jobs with a fancy name. Everyday you are pulled in different directions. I was told that my DNA did not fit into the kind of environment they are looking for, and harassment of mangers daily.
-Poor organization and management
-Management abuses privileges of their positions, up to taking months of work off with no tracking and registration, based on favoritism and their position.

-Double standards from top to bottom

-Lots of fluff talk about values of the company that no one actually applies

-If you work hard and aspire goals this company will be useful only in the beginning stages of your career, it has a very quick turn around for employees, usually people did not stay over a year, unless hired for management positions-since the company is lacking in many regards- from basic organization and responsiveness to paying very low salaries, despite the fact that it's a multinational company.

-"Agile" work environment, which leads to favoritism, inequality, hiding behind bureaucratic policies when it's convenient, ignoring common courtesy when it's convenient.

-This is a convenient place for slacking and pre-retirement jobs- for people who just want to get by and alternatively for people with no aspirations

-Convenient place for people with sleazy personalities, if you are liked and lazy it would be a comfortable place

-Alcohol is allowed in the office and during work time, very relaxed frat house -like atmosphere, where you are rewarded and respected based n individual perceptions of you by your management as "cool", as opposed to the actual quality of work you do.
Infotech is the epitome of amazing culture, hard work and fun combined. The management team, all the way down to each of the staff all exude love of their jobs. The morale is high and the workload is fair. Just a great place to work.
I left there very unhappy at the lack of anything resembling good leadership. The work constantly changes because they seemingly cant plan and test before jumping in and then changing mid stream.
Growing a lot and they need to iron things out. Hardest thing is lack of job security. Feels like you’re being managed by frat boys and there is too much focus on drinking and partying.
Great place
Great atmosphere

Training wasn’t the best Or none

Very fast paced keeping up with all the new technologies

Tons of perks

Fun day is great

Awesome people
Great company if you like inside sales. The company has a great product. I really enjoyed working with the people there. I feel it was a very positive experience for me.
Not a bad place to start a career, but I wouldn't recommend staying more than 2 years

Focus is mainly on small to mid-size companies - not really solving big problems for enterprises
Salary is too low, management sucks.
lot of work hours for no outcomes at the end. CEO is great but the employees are all under qualified, people with an economy or business background working in IT CONSULTING!!!!
This place was a toxic frat house with drug addicted employees who were pervs. I was one of two girls who were hired on a new sales team which had no hope and a silly strategy. Horrible product your selling with long scripted slide show to crabby CTO’s who want nothing to do with you. Some really sketchy things went on here. I would not recommend this company.
The owner and his coke buddies still run the show. I was there for 15 years and loved it. It's challenging when you're told there's an open door policy, but management tends to put on an ugly face when the door is closed.
Both offices are a lot of fun.
Pros
Decent income
Cons
If you're not making money, leave.
Working at Info-Tech was an excellent career starting place for me, and provided me with the initial experience and structure that I needed to help launch me into the working world. My superiors were keen to retain and grow their juniors, and although sometimes structure lacked due to changing objectives of the company at large, overall, it was an excellent place to begin my career.
One of the few companies out there where you can make a living from cold calling and social selling. This is a great company to get your feet wet when it comes to selling high ticket items to C-level execs.
Pros
Sales Commission
Cons
Inconsistent work culture, unprofessional employees
Pros: Great people and company culture. Very relaxed atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people

Cons: Not a lot of opportunities to grow.
Overall it’s an amazing company to work for in almost every way. It’s challenging, rewarding, and great for career development. The execs are a great group of people who impress me daily. However, departmentally you’ll will occasionally find growing pains. This is expected in a fast moving company that’s had accelerated annual growth since its inception 21 years ago. Expect to work beyond expectations, in a results driven environment. It’s far from an 8 to 5 job, but If you’re fortunate to be in a role where you feel you are being rewarded for the extra effort, I promise you it’s well worth it. Again there is no earning cap.

The owner is a passionate individual who strives and expects only the best from his people. This can be stressful and unconventional at times, but if you accept a challenge and can handle the pressure it can be a very rewarding experience professionally. He invests heavily in his staff’s development, the office spaces, the products and growing the business to create more opportunities for employees. I support him fully in his vision. We’re also starting to price our products in line with their true value which is exciting.

Inside you’ll find bright talented charismatic people who are always willing to help each other out despite their growing workloads or even position in the company. It’s a real family feeling. Eventually we will figure out how to retain all the great talent. Good news is we’re constantly improving the way we do things and will eventually leave behind the archaic ways of business development and set a new standard. But I get it.
 - more...
Pros
Great culture, product, team
Cons
Compensation and work balance
Challenging, Engaging, and Fun are what come to mind when thinking about Info-Tech. Been an employee for 8 years and have been provided opportunity to grow as a leader and professional. I have really grown up at ITRG Team environment and feel like to company really cares about it's people.
Pros
Work Hard, Play Hard
Cons
Constant change
ITRG is a great place to work with the most amazing people. You are provided with all the necessary tools and training to do your job. Co-workers are more than willing to help and guide you.

Work hard, play hard is definitely a real thing here! Team incentives, fun days, Employee Appreciation Days and many more great days are celebrated throughout the year :)
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Employer Contribution to RRSP
There are so many good things about this organization that it is so hard to pin point all of them!

The fact that you get to travel, meet exciting clients, have a great office environment with tons of fun things to do, events, social gatherings, the list goes on and on with ways that this company keeps its employees engaged. The work hard but play hard motto definitely applies here!

The changes that Info-Tech has done over the years since i started or even compared to where it was 3 or 5 years ago is absolutely amazing. We have grown, developed, matured and have had great success in so many ways it's outstanding!

Growing at the rate that we have, there was definitely some challenges and hiccups along the way but Info-Tech like always grew with them and figured out the mistakes along the way and corrected them.

I would recommend ANYONE with a passion for a challenging but yet very rewarding sales career to put this company at the top of your list. You won't regret it!
If you enjoy a challenge and like to be rewarded for your hard work and results, than Info-Tech is a great company to work for.

There is a lot to learn, but management gives you the tools and opportunities to excel if you're willing to take the initiative.

The owner started the company 21 years ago (1997) and is still running the company and has invested a lot of his time in it's continual success.

The company is growing and we're hiring!
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
No Pension or RRSP matching
The harder you work, the more you are rewarded with further opportunity
Representing Info-Tech is easy and constantly challenges the inner student in all of us

Uncapped earning potential - all you have to do is work for it!

Awesome culture for those striving for excellence

Mediocrity is no longer accepted