Info-Tech Research Group Employee Reviews

Great people and culture
Employee (Former Employee) –  London5 March 2019
Pros: Great people and company culture. Very relaxed atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people

Cons: Not a lot of opportunities to grow.
Fun fast moving company with lots of opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 January 2019
Overall it’s an amazing company to work for in almost every way. It’s challenging, rewarding, and great for career development. The execs are a great group of people who impress me daily. However, departmentally you’ll will occasionally find growing pains. This is expected in a fast moving company that’s had accelerated annual growth since its inception 21 years ago. Expect to work beyond expectations, in a results driven environment. It’s far from an 8 to 5 job, but If you’re fortunate to be in a role where you feel you are being rewarded for the extra effort, I promise you it’s well worth it. Again there is no earning cap.

The owner is a passionate individual who strives and expects only the best from his people. This can be stressful and unconventional at times, but if you accept a challenge and can handle the pressure it can be a very rewarding experience professionally. He invests heavily in his staff’s development, the office spaces, the products and growing the business to create more opportunities for employees. I support him fully in his vision. We’re also starting to price our products in line with their true value which is exciting.

Inside you’ll find bright talented charismatic people who are always willing to help each other out despite their growing workloads or even position in the company. It’s a real family feeling. Eventually we will figure out how to retain all the great talent. Good news is we’re constantly improving the way we do things and will eventually leave behind the archaic ways of business development and set a new standard. But I get it.
  more... It’s not easy to get efficiency and organization right, but the good news is we are moving towards a true business professional mentality that focuses on relationships with clients and intelligent consultative sales that solve problems. It’s also great to see new sales enablement technologies being added to empower teams.

However, the only area of improvement is in the roles of the middle management team and understanding of realistic expectations. There is still the pressure to micromanage as opposed to real leadership. The pressure is also highest on this group where outside of everything that comes with business development you are responsible for so much more. Each of these can be roles themselves. The work life balance can get lost quickly. There are days (especially month ends) where you feel you are doing everyone’s jobs and extra to meet the expectations from above and you find yourself just trying to maintain your sanity. It’s easy to feel underappreciated and undercompensated at the end of it all. There is less autonomy, increased responsibility/work, less compensation compared to other roles. This can make it hard to stay engaged and maintain creativity, while creating a fun and positive environment for employees which is the most important role of management. When you care about your employees wellbeing, this can feel like a thankless role. Despite this you know you are enduring to one day see the potential this company has and try to influence its direction as positively as you can. At the very least learn everything that you can from what makes it great and take that with you.

Overall it’s a exceptional company in a great city, that is poised for future success. In time the company will recognize and course correct some of the small growing pains that keep pushing talent out of the organization. When we do, there will be few organizations that can match the feeling and culture of what it’s like working here and the people that make it special.
Pros
Great culture, product, team
Cons
Compensation and work balance
Challenging yet Rewarding
Commercial Director (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 December 2018
Challenging, Engaging, and Fun are what come to mind when thinking about Info-Tech. Been an employee for 8 years and have been provided opportunity to grow as a leader and professional. I have really grown up at ITRG Team environment and feel like to company really cares about it's people.
Pros
Work Hard, Play Hard
Cons
Constant change
A Great Place to work with amazing people
Associate Commercial Director (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 December 2018
ITRG is a great place to work with the most amazing people. You are provided with all the necessary tools and training to do your job. Co-workers are more than willing to help and guide you.

Work hard, play hard is definitely a real thing here! Team incentives, fun days, Employee Appreciation Days and many more great days are celebrated throughout the year :)
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Employer Contribution to RRSP
Amazing company and even better place to work!
Commercial Director (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 December 2018
There are so many good things about this organization that it is so hard to pin point all of them!

The fact that you get to travel, meet exciting clients, have a great office environment with tons of fun things to do, events, social gatherings, the list goes on and on with ways that this company keeps its employees engaged. The work hard but play hard motto definitely applies here!

The changes that Info-Tech has done over the years since i started or even compared to where it was 3 or 5 years ago is absolutely amazing. We have grown, developed, matured and have had great success in so many ways it's outstanding!

Growing at the rate that we have, there was definitely some challenges and hiccups along the way but Info-Tech like always grew with them and figured out the mistakes along the way and corrected them.

I would recommend ANYONE with a passion for a challenging but yet very rewarding sales career to put this company at the top of your list. You won't regret it!
Great Company and it's Growing Rapidly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 December 2018
If you enjoy a challenge and like to be rewarded for your hard work and results, than Info-Tech is a great company to work for.

There is a lot to learn, but management gives you the tools and opportunities to excel if you're willing to take the initiative.

The owner started the company 21 years ago (1997) and is still running the company and has invested a lot of his time in it's continual success.

The company is growing and we're hiring!
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
No Pension or RRSP matching
A rapidly growing company with all the opportunity you are willing to work for!
Commercial Director (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 December 2018
The harder you work, the more you are rewarded with further opportunity
Representing Info-Tech is easy and constantly challenges the inner student in all of us
Uncapped earning potential - all you have to do is work for it!
Awesome culture for those striving for excellence
Mediocrity is no longer accepted
Work hard / play hard with brilliant creative people and great leadership
Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 December 2018
Throughout my career I have been part of, or observed, more organizations than I care to recount. I can honestly say I've not seen anyone get close to the culture that has been developed here at Info-Tech. The offices are amazing creative spaces and are filled with positively brilliant, and often highly educated people, that are all pulling in the same direction and genuinely care for each other. We spend a lot of time here working together and a lot of time both inside and outside of the office playing together. Cliché as it may sound, this is my second family and I care about everyone here dearly. There's little I'd not do for the people or the organization. If you don't work somewhere that makes you feel this way, I'd suggest you give it a try. It feels great and we always have space for more great people.
Pros
Two colossal leading edge downtown offices, slide, billiards, ping pong, arcade, concert hall / theatre, bar, commercial kitchen, smart / fun people, etc.
Cons
Growing pains, expected in a high-growth organization.
Great co-workers, facilities and technology
Director (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 December 2018
I moved to Infotech after 17 years with a large IT company. The leadership team is exceptional, people focused, committed and driven. The company moves fast, the new facilities downtown London are exceptional, all the basics plus many extras to keep employee's engaged. Great rewards in place for those that go above and beyond. Clear and concise published values. Great place to work!
Pros
Salary, benefits, employee engagement, down town!
Cons
I have not found any yet... still looking
Love going to work everyday!
Research Director (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 December 2018
I've been here for many years, and I've never been bored in my role. I'm lucky to feel invested not only in the work we do but the people I lead/work alongside.
Pros
Great culture, management who cares, people who want to do great work and always innovate.
Cons
Communication around changes can be a struggle.
Amazing work environment, awesome work culture, and fantastic people
Vice President, Research (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2018
I look forward to coming in to work every day. I have the privilege of working with kind, caring, fun, incredibly smart people. I have worked here for 13 years , and of course it's had its ups and downs, but the ups far outweigh the downs.

The company is has experienced rapid growth for over 20 years and never rests on its laurels - positive change is frequent. This is a big adjustment for many people, but once you understand and embrace it, you wouldn't have it any other way. It's never change for the sake of change, it's always change for the better - even if it may feel a bit jarring sometimes.

There is not an "easy" job at this company. You will always be challenged and pushed to be better. That's a great thing, and you will find yourself growing, and improving your craft continuously. Professional development is embedded in the culture and the career path opportunities are virtually limitless. We work hard, and we play hard. And don't be a jerk, because the company has no patience for it.

The Founder and CEO is brilliant, creative, kind, and caring - he's a visionary and an outstanding leader. It's taken some time to build, but the Executive is now absolutely World Class - all outstanding leaders in their own right.

I am eminently grateful to have the opportunity to work at Info-Tech. While this may seem gushing, it is genuinely my experience with this company, and I know hundreds of others share my sentiment.
Pros
The best office facilities in the world in both London and Toronto, unlimited free fruit and beverages, rec room/arcade, rooftop patio, the finest people you'd ever want to know, great leadership, high growth, great members/clients, fitness facilities onsite
Cons
Not really a con, but some people struggle with a high-change environment
Continually evolving company
Research Director (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2018
We employ a lot of really interesting and decent human beings. The business has been evolving a lot over the years to accomodate a need for new product offerings to accomodate the way our clients consume research, to address technology advancements and to meet varying client sizes and industries.

As the company has grown there have also been many changes in process, management and organizational structure. It hasn't always been easy to deal with the changes, but these are the realities of moving from a small company to a multi-city, larger organization.

Efforts to improve how change is introduced, managed and communicated are ongoing, but we've seen many improvements. Management has been generally pretty supportive, responsive and open to discussion. Our new building is also pretty cool.
Pros
Continually learning new things as technology evolves, Also really enjoy helping our clients solve fairly complex issues and complete projects faster, Great having the opportunity to see what technology will drive future work
Cons
Challenging to keep up with demands of a rapidly growing company and a rapidly evolving industry.
I love itrg
Commercial Director (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2018
This place is great! In London, we just moved to a new building and every room you can play video games. You learn every day on the job. I'm constantly solving great puzzles and working with very respectable people.

Management has trusted me enough to send me all over the world - California to Singapore. They put a lot in their people and support development like crazy.

Culture here is very fun. We are always having awesome incentives and our teams all hang out. We are a big family!

My friends are jealous because I work here and I love it.
Pros
All of the pros
Cons
None of the cons
Work hard play hard is DEFINITELY their motto
Commercial Partner (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2018
I enjoy working for Info-Tech, it is a great opportunity to expand skills and network.

Sometimes it is hard to get the assistance you need because everyone is too busy to help, but they are currently hiring way more directors now to help with this overflowing workload, and it's getting a lot better! I am excited to see where this goes.

Great culture, staff moral, cool new office with rec room & fitness room, weekly training, learning opportunities, and travel for events. No complaints here.

Salary could be a little bit higher but I suppose that's your initiative to sell with uncapped commission :)
Pros
Complimentary fruit, uncapped commission, and great social networking events
Cons
Traffic/parking. Working 8-5 (long days)
I have a PhD and now I work in Tech Sales... and I LOVE it!
Commercial Director (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2018
Info-Tech has dispelled a myth about sales jobs for me. I decided to test drive this entry-level commercial role after my completing my PhD in Neuroscience while I was interviewing for jobs at management consulting firms. After a year, I am thrilled that I picked this company.

I am constantly challenged intellectually, my clients and I have a mutual respect for one another, and (with Info-Tech's generous commission structure) and I VERY well compensated... surprisingly so for my first year here having no previous sales experience.

The culture at Info-Tech is competitive but very friendly and innovative. It's cliche to say but we work hard and play hard. Take it from someone who left a career in academia - this job checks all my boxes. Not to mention, I get to live in a city with a moderate cost of living as opposed to high cost-of-living city (e.g., Toronto, Vancouver, etc.) where most consulting firms exist.
Pros
Compensation
Micromanage
Executive Account Manager/CIO Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2018
They micromanage your every step. You are essentially "clocked" in at 8am, and don't even think about leaving at exactly 5pm.
Best part of the job was the people and the travel to meet your clients.
Pros
People, and ping pong tables
Cons
Long hours and micromanagement
don't do it
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 August 2018
This is a fine place to work if you are a new grad. Otherwise move on. Unless you are a friend of the founder you won't get ahead. Chaotic business "strategy" that flips to follow owner's current pet peeve.
Good place to start.......
Marketing Specialist - Demand Generation (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 July 2018
It is a good place to learn the basics of marketing automation and lead conversion but will learn quickly that where you struggle in the marketing department is with the autonomy to make decisions.
Great office space
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2018
The culture was great but turns out it is not what it seems and that was my reason for leaving. Being popular with the right people gets you promoted.
Was not the best fit for my skills
Associate Commercial Director (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 May 2018
Competitive Call Centre environment. Not what I am built for.

Very fast paced and often tough to keep up with trends. Training methods are ok - not much training to deal with companies being chased after.

If you are built for sales, this is a good place to test your skills.