Industry Canada

Industry Canada Pay & benefits reviews

Once again a great department and job with great pay and benefits. Industry Canada sent me for training intended to train administrative staff to do computer related work. Returned to provide computer support under the supervision of senior technical support. Provided support to other FedNor offices in Sudbury and Thunder Bay, until Sudbury hired their own support. Transferred to Natural Resources Canada when my position was to be transferred to Toronto.
Pros
Good experience.
Cons
Travel to Sudbury and Thunder Bay when I had teenagers was not always convenient.
they abuse temp workers and bully them in to working long hours. they rarely hire them full time and just continue to renew the contract with the hiring firm so they never have to give you benefits or paid vacation
There were many branches of the Government within Industry Canada, and I had the opportunity to assist a few branches, not just the mail office in which I was employed. I was in charge of supply orders, mail in and out, code invoices, answering the phones, and other general assistance when it was requested.
Pros
high salary
Cons
only temporary position
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Industry Canada?