Industry Canada

Industry Canada Employee Reviews for IT Transformation and Modernization

3.5Job security & advancement

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 27 reviews

Project Planner

I am currently a Project Planner under the IT Transformation and Modernization Programs Branch at the Chief Information Office (CIO) at Industry Canada. In this role I am fully immersed in a large IT Modernization Program for the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO), where I support the Program Manager in coordinating and monitoring activities between CIPO and the CIO. I am responsible for creating and maintaining project documentation with the Departmental tool as well as creating monthly project IT Dashboard reports for DM approval. I provide key Secretariat support to multiple governance and steering committees where I am responsible for the logistics of these large senior committee meetings which can include reserving conference/ meeting locations, hospitality and any necessary travel arrangements. This involves, creating the communications plans, internal ‘Wiki’ site (collaboration space), preparing agendas, Records of Decision, tracking action items and follow ups and monitoring the committee mailbox. I am the key contact who liaises with Project Managers and Business sponsors regarding any concerns or questions on project documentation and provide advice and information to assist in the completion of all required documents for each project Stage Gate. This is a short list of some of my responsibilities as a Project Coordinator. In the past I have gained extensive experience as an Executive assistant. In this role, I have coordinated, maintained and supported the Senior Management in the following; organizing meetings on a daily basis and large events, prepare -

Pros

walk to work

Cons

no opportunity for advancement

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Industry Canada?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Industry Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement