Industry Canada
View all Industry Canada reviews

Industry Canada

Industry Canada Employee Review

Wonderful employees, a great deal of variety in my work.

Once again a great department and job with great pay and benefits. Industry Canada sent me for training intended to train administrative staff to do computer related work. Returned to provide computer support under the supervision of senior technical support. Provided support to other FedNor offices in Sudbury and Thunder Bay, until Sudbury hired their own support. Transferred to Natural Resources Canada when my position was to be transferred to Toronto.

Pros

Good experience.

Cons

Travel to Sudbury and Thunder Bay when I had teenagers was not always convenient.

5.0Job security/advancement

Productive and fast-paced environment

I worked at Industry Canada for over 20 years and I enjoyed working with my peers and subordinates. I especially enjoyed the location, i.e. downtown which took me roughly 25 minutes by bus to get to work. The job was stimulating and i was able to move up the ladder fairly quickly. I would recommend anyone who is truly interested in working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys teamwork to seriously consider working at Industry Canada.

I was at the front desk doing daily work entering deta , answering the phone and taking of people walking in . The hours were only day time and weekend off.

Pros

Short hours

Cons

Making large deposits to the bank

Very Clicky culture

they abuse temp workers and bully them in to working long hours. they rarely hire them full time and just continue to renew the contract with the hiring firm so they never have to give you benefits or paid vacation
  • Industry Canada
  • Wonderful employees, a great deal of variety in my work.