Indspire

Indspire Employee Reviews

The focus of this organisation is intense and respectful. The Indigenous scholarships and awards can be very generous. I enjoyed my time with this organisation and would return under the proper circumstances.
I loved my time working at Indspire. Indspire's mission supports Indigenous education and all staff (Indigenous and non-Indigenous) are so committed to the work. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I learned so much in my time working there.
Pros
Great people to work with, many learning opportunities, good environment
Cons
Small Toronto office space
Awful place to work. Very few Indigenous people employed there and they waste donations on first class flights and fancy food, hotels and retreats for Sr mgmt. No sense of Indigenous culture or values. Hectic, stressful, unstable - a new dumpster fire every day. Sr mgmt has NO RESPECT for staff (very much US vs THEM mentality) especially in times of crisis anpay/benefits for Sr vs Jr staff - no equality, no equity, no fairness. This place is a joke.
Great environment with caring and com-patent coworkers where everyone works together. Always felt like is was making a difference and helping to build a better future for Indigenous youth.
This company is doing great work however, it is hard to actually work there. Management is stuck in very old ways of doing business and they do not embrace change well. If you are just starting your career then this would be an ok place however, if you are a seasoned professional I would encourage you to look elsewhere.
Indspire has a toxic avenger, a well-known bully as Chief Operating Officer. Turnover exceeds 30%, so at least one person who sits beside you will be fired, forced to quit, or quit within one year. Complaints are covered up, and everyone has a target on their back. Get rid of the current COO and the problem is solved.
Pros
Great purpose
Cons
Toxic
Presenting material to post-secondary students about Insdpire's programs, specifically the scholarship and bursary program. The presentation was three hours long, involving an hour of questions and answers. Connecting with the students was sometimes difficult to explain the process in which Indspire decides the funds available for the scholarships.
Pros
Flexibility while attending school
Cons
didn't provide for consistent hours