Indochino

Indochino Employee Review

Easy going
Customer Service Guide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2020
Nice place to work, not many opportunities to move up the ladder though. 9-5 job with potential for overtime when it is busy. Management is good but the training for the job could be better

Other Indochino Employee Reviews

Great part-time opportunity for students and young professionals. Not long-term, however.
Style Guide / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario21 January 2020
Having worked for INDOCHINO for a number of years, I have observed the company improve in terms of customer experience. Measuring clients, the shipping process, alterations and the entire appointment process are examples of areas that INDOCHINO has streamlined through enhancing its technology. The overall value proposition to customers has remained a good one and has generally improved.

However, I have also noticed the company's internal decline which has, to some extent, manifested in lower sales and reduced employee morale.

Long gone are the days when employees would receive incentives to create sales and foster genuine connections with the clientele. Nowadays, the job is really just that. You punch in, you take a few appointments, you tidy up the space, and you leave. From the perspective of a style guide/sales associate, the company doesn't really have a soul anymore.

INDOCHINO has also scaled back on the staff holiday party in recent years; not entirely sure if there will even be one this year.

I find INDOCHINO also has an unholy obsession with monitoring the average order value of its employees. That's not to say that there is a reprimand for not meeting company targets. The problem here is that the company is so focused on quantitative data, that it completely fails to track qualitative figures. If there are very few appointments for the day, but the showroom manages to get decent walk-in traffic and converts these walk-ins into a few shirt orders and a few clearance suits, that's better than one high order for the entire day in my opinion. It is unclear
  more... to me if management teams pay close enough attention to how stylists develop relationships with their clients. It was more apparent in the past.

Management does not try to engage each level in meaningful dialogue about operations, showroom trends and other important factors. I guess they don't think style guide input is valuable.

What's more is that internal promotion continues to be almost completely non-existent. If you start as a style guide, expect to remain one unless very specific circumstances (such as high employee turnover), grants you the leverage to seek advancement.

To be honest, I find that the Team Lead position involves fewer responsibilities and slightly higher pay. The relationship between a team lead and style-guides is similar to that of a fast-food shift manager and their general crew.

I encourage students looking for a good part-time job, with decent and flexible working hours to apply. Otherwise, look elsewhere for a career. If you want to manage, apply for a Team Lead position on arrival.

Also if you fit a very specific demographic, expect more opportunities to be thrust at you. I would elaborate more, but I think I'll leave it at that.

Pros:
- Decent Suiting Allowance program and employee discount
- Decent part-time hours (especially for students)

Cons:
- Lack of internal advancement
- The marginalization of sales associates beginning to trend higher
- Lackluster incentives to sell
Great people all around
Style Guide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2019
Appointment based company. Great management and excellent co-workers. You learn everything about time management, how to measure customers and provide them with outstanding customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indochino. Our community is ready to answer.