Indochino

Indochino Management reviews

Great part-time opportunity for students and young professionals. Not long-term, however.
Having worked for INDOCHINO for a number of years, I have observed the company improve in terms of customer experience. Measuring clients, the shipping process, alterations and the entire appointment process are examples of areas that INDOCHINO has streamlined through enhancing its technology. The overall value proposition to customers has remained a good one and has generally improved.

However, I have also noticed the company's internal decline which has, to some extent, manifested in lower sales and reduced employee morale.

Long gone are the days when employees would receive incentives to create sales and foster genuine connections with the clientele. Nowadays, the job is really just that. You punch in, you take a few appointments, you tidy up the space, and you leave. From the perspective of a style guide/sales associate, the company doesn't really have a soul anymore.

INDOCHINO has also scaled back on the staff holiday party in recent years; not entirely sure if there will even be one this year.

I find INDOCHINO also has an unholy obsession with monitoring the average order value of its employees. That's not to say that there is a reprimand for not meeting company targets. The problem here is that the company is so focused on quantitative data, that it completely fails to track qualitative figures. If there are very few appointments for the day, but the showroom manages to get decent walk-in traffic and converts these walk-ins into a few shirt orders and a few clearance suits, that's better than one high order for the entire day in my opinion. It is unclear
 - more...
Easy going
Nice place to work, not many opportunities to move up the ladder though. 9-5 job with potential for overtime when it is busy. Management is good but the training for the job could be better
Great people all around
Appointment based company. Great management and excellent co-workers. You learn everything about time management, how to measure customers and provide them with outstanding customer service.
Great platform, Poor Management and Lack of Ground work
While employed at INDOCHINO I was able to work with the entire district, and Management team in the GTA. This opportunity was great, working with clients and being able to guide them in their made to measure experience was great. Unfortunately INDOCHINO management is more focused on. a few individuals in the business specifically those with prior work relationships with upper management. It is great to promote within, unfortunately INDOCHINO does not know how to do so. Majority of the current management have been brought over from Club Monaco and have been promoted, trained, empowered and treated far better than Long term INDOCHINO employees. Another crucial drawback would be the lack of infrastructure in the Toronto market. While Vancouver is the central hub, the Toronto Market and American market does not yet have a central customer are team. Finally, the most frustrating thing with this company is that they spread their employees thin, making employees bend over backwards for clients, other staff, in-house tailors, management, scheduling without adequate promotions or compensation. Management will avoid planing promotions, instead they focus on keeping you in your current role. Promotion within is important, I understand that their are talented individuals which work for Club Monaco and Guess, however the turn over will not end unless you promote within.
Pros
- Clients -Made to Measure experience - Appointment Structure - Clothing Allowance
Cons
-Hours -Poor Management -Lack of Promotion -Poor Culture -Rate of Pay
30 October 2018
We really appreciate your feedback and review. Firstly, we are glad you enjoyed working with your colleagues and clients and are sure you gave some amazing customer experiences so thank you for your time here. Indochino is really proud of its internal growth and particularly in Toronto where we have had a lot of promotions recently. We do our very best to fully assess each candidate, whether internal or external, their skills, background, and potential to ensure we have the best person for each role. While you have moved on from Indochino, we would still welcome the opportunity to hear from you in person, with that, we encourage you to reach out to the P&C Team.
Brilliant concept and experience
Unique retail experience, the biggest take away and upside to working here is that the company is constantly evolving being a younger company. However, over the past couple years it has become top heavy and support to showrooms has dampened as the company expands. Communication at corporate is lacking, with little accountability.

Great learning experience, with more responsibility and duties expected of style guides compared to traditional retail sales associates there's opportunity for more reasonable compensation.
1 October 2018
Thank you so much for your feedback! We love to hear from our teams in the field and agree that things are evolving, which is really exciting but does mean we can hit a few speedbumps along the way. We do really appreciate your review!
Great co-workers, poor management, demeaning environment
Everything about this job description is a lie, particularly the "about us" portion.
It sounds engaging when in reality, all they want you to do is alter poor quality suits pinned by people with no training. There is no appreciation for an expert opinion, no will to improve, and no reward for being engaged and helpful. All talk of promotion and advancement is lip-service to see how long they can string you along in your current position while giving title-only promotions to people they think are more gullible.
The physical environment is dirty and poorly cared for, machinery, chairs and basic tools are poor quality or completely absent. The year I spent at Indochino wast was a soul-crushing and made me think about changing professions entirely. Do not work here.
Pros
Set schedule, accommodating of time off requests, amazing co-workers
Cons
No organization, no leadership, training or standards for tailors, supplies bought by people who know nothing about tailoring, on Amazon when we're down the street from the best fashion disctict in Canada.
23 July 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you felt your year with us wasn’t a good experience, and we are constantly looking at ways that we can improve our employee offering. It would have been useful to have raised your concerns whilst you were with us so that we could make improvements and address any issues. That being said, if you would like to chat with someone in People and Culture about your experience of any concerns then please do get in touch with us.
Fast paced environment, full of opportunity.
Indochino is a great place to work if you enjoy a fast-paced environment. The management provides plenty of opportunities to move upward within the company.
Pros
Promotion opportunities, great culture, fast paced.
Cons
Can be stressful.
Not the best company culture, but an accommodating place to work
I would recommend this position to those in school for business, retail, communications or customer service as it is very accommodating scheduling wise. Those who don't mind working in fashion / retail, who like talking to people will do well here.

Don't expect a high pay.
Expect hard work, long hours, annoying clients and endless rudeness and belittling from the head office management.

Overall the company culture is poor and does not foster internal growth as they claim to do. Many reviews on other sites are fake and not genuine to the workplace..as they have been drafted by the HQ.

You will meet some amazing people and become close friends with your co-workers. Sadly, the shared bond is the frustration with the company and its issues that get ignored.
Pros
The friends you make
Cons
The culture is dysfunctional and management misleads you with empty promises
Good job culture
Indochino had a good work environment, well constructed with class. The products are well tailored to fit a costumers' specification depending on how the costumer wants it well made even with embedding feature of words or initials. Indochino is a great clothing company with so much style. The management created a friendly work environment and made sure co-workers got along.
Pros
Good management team
Cons
short work hours