Indochino

Indochino Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON4 reviews
Job summary
Indochino is a awesome place to work at
great managers

clean work environment

great staff

great place to learn how to clientele
Great platform, Poor Management and Lack of Ground work
While employed at INDOCHINO I was able to work with the entire district, and Management team in the GTA. This opportunity was great, working with clients and being able to guide them in their made to measure experience was great. Unfortunately INDOCHINO management is more focused on. a few individuals in the business specifically those with prior work relationships with upper management. It is great to promote within, unfortunately INDOCHINO does not know how to do so. Majority of the current management have been brought over from Club Monaco and have been promoted, trained, empowered and treated far better than Long term INDOCHINO employees. Another crucial drawback would be the lack of infrastructure in the Toronto market. While Vancouver is the central hub, the Toronto Market and American market does not yet have a central customer are team. Finally, the most frustrating thing with this company is that they spread their employees thin, making employees bend over backwards for clients, other staff, in-house tailors, management, scheduling without adequate promotions or compensation. Management will avoid planing promotions, instead they focus on keeping you in your current role. Promotion within is important, I understand that their are talented individuals which work for Club Monaco and Guess, however the turn over will not end unless you promote within.
Pros
- Clients -Made to Measure experience - Appointment Structure - Clothing Allowance
Cons
-Hours -Poor Management -Lack of Promotion -Poor Culture -Rate of Pay
Official response from Indochino
30 October 2018
We really appreciate your feedback and review. Firstly, we are glad you enjoyed working with your colleagues and clients and are sure you gave some amazing customer experiences so thank you for your time here. Indochino is really proud of its internal growth and particularly in Toronto where we have had a lot of promotions recently. We do our very best to fully assess each candidate, whether internal or external, their skills, background, and potential to ensure we have the best person for each role. While you have moved on from Indochino, we would still welcome the opportunity to hear from you in person, with that, we encourage you to reach out to the P&C Team.
Great co-workers, poor management, demeaning environment
Everything about this job description is a lie, particularly the "about us" portion.
It sounds engaging when in reality, all they want you to do is alter poor quality suits pinned by people with no training. There is no appreciation for an expert opinion, no will to improve, and no reward for being engaged and helpful. All talk of promotion and advancement is lip-service to see how long they can string you along in your current position while giving title-only promotions to people they think are more gullible.

The physical environment is dirty and poorly cared for, machinery, chairs and basic tools are poor quality or completely absent. The year I spent at Indochino wast was a soul-crushing and made me think about changing professions entirely. Do not work here.
Pros
Set schedule, accommodating of time off requests, amazing co-workers
Cons
No organization, no leadership, training or standards for tailors, supplies bought by people who know nothing about tailoring, on Amazon when we're down the street from the best fashion disctict in Canada.
Official response from Indochino
23 July 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you felt your year with us wasn’t a good experience, and we are constantly looking at ways that we can improve our employee offering. It would have been useful to have raised your concerns whilst you were with us so that we could make improvements and address any issues. That being said, if you would like to chat with someone in People and Culture about your experience of any concerns then please do get in touch with us.
Stress and Unorganized work environment
The work is stressful you have one hour to work with customers in an appointment but you also have multiple pieces of information to log into customer profiles in that same hour which is usually not enough time,

The managers are lazy and like to hand off work to the partime employees.

Their is no constructive criticism and you usually wont know if you are moving in the right direction because they do not help you grow as an employee.

i learned to manage my time and how to interact with different types of customers and meet their needs.

Basically you are under paid for the work that you have to do.
Pros
The discount on suits
Cons
Inequality in advancement opportunities
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indochino. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9