Indochino Employee Reviews

Great platform, Poor Management and Lack of Ground work
Style Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
While employed at INDOCHINO I was able to work with the entire district, and Management team in the GTA. This opportunity was great, working with clients and being able to guide them in their made to measure experience was great. Unfortunately INDOCHINO management is more focused on. a few individuals in the business specifically those with prior work relationships with upper management. It is great to promote within, unfortunately INDOCHINO does not know how to do so. Majority of the current management have been brought over from Club Monaco and have been promoted, trained, empowered and treated far better than Long term INDOCHINO employees. Another crucial drawback would be the lack of infrastructure in the Toronto market. While Vancouver is the central hub, the Toronto Market and American market does not yet have a central customer are team. Finally, the most frustrating thing with this company is that they spread their employees thin, making employees bend over backwards for clients, other staff, in-house tailors, management, scheduling without adequate promotions or compensation. Management will avoid planing promotions, instead they focus on keeping you in your current role. Promotion within is important, I understand that their are talented individuals which work for Club Monaco and Guess, however the turn over will not end unless you promote within.
Pros
- Clients -Made to Measure experience - Appointment Structure - Clothing Allowance
Cons
-Hours -Poor Management -Lack of Promotion -Poor Culture -Rate of Pay
30 October 2018

We really appreciate your feedback and review. Firstly, we are glad you enjoyed working with your colleagues and clients and are sure you gave some amazing customer experiences so thank you for your time here. Indochino is really proud of its internal growth and particularly in Toronto where we have had a lot of promotions recently. We do our very best to fully assess each candidate, whether internal or external, their skills, background, and potential to ensure we have the best person for each role. While you have moved on from Indochino, we would still welcome the opportunity to hear from you in person, with that, we encourage you to reach out to the P&C Team.

Great co-workers, poor management, demeaning environment
Tailor/ Fit Consultant/ Fitting Educator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2018
Everything about this job description is a lie, particularly the "about us" portion.
It sounds engaging when in reality, all they want you to do is alter poor quality suits pinned by people with no training. There is no appreciation for an expert opinion, no will to improve, and no reward for being engaged and helpful. All talk of promotion and advancement is lip-service to see how long they can string you along in your current position while giving title-only promotions to people they think are more gullible.
The physical environment is dirty and poorly cared for, machinery, chairs and basic tools are poor quality or completely absent. The year I spent at Indochino wast was a soul-crushing and made me think about changing professions entirely. Do not work here.
Pros
Set schedule, accommodating of time off requests, amazing co-workers
Cons
No organization, no leadership, training or standards for tailors, supplies bought by people who know nothing about tailoring, on Amazon when we're down the street from the best fashion disctict in Canada.
23 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you felt your year with us wasn’t a good experience, and we are constantly looking at ways that we can improve our employee offering. It would have been useful to have raised your concerns whilst you were with us so that we could make improvements and address any issues. That being said, if you would like to chat with someone in People and Culture about your experience of any concerns then please do get in touch with us.

Culture Drives People
Style Guide (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 April 2018
Love the culture at my workplace. Excellent people to be with. Great vibes all through out. Never a dull day working in this place. I've also learned a lot with customer service as well as delivering a perfect combination of styles and opinions in regards of the fashion nowadays.
22 June 2018

Thank you for reviewing us!. Always great to get feedback so much appreciated.

Fast paced environment, full of opportunity.
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 November 2017
Indochino is a great place to work if you enjoy a fast-paced environment. The management provides plenty of opportunities to move upward within the company.
Pros
Promotion opportunities, great culture, fast paced.
Cons
Can be stressful.
Not the best company culture, but an accommodating place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON29 May 2017
I would recommend this position to those in school for business, retail, communications or customer service as it is very accommodating scheduling wise. Those who don't mind working in fashion / retail, who like talking to people will do well here.

Don't expect a high pay. Expect hard work, long hours, annoying clients and endless rudeness and belittling from the head office management.

Overall the company culture is poor and does not foster internal growth as they claim to do. Many reviews on other sites are fake and not genuine to the workplace..as they have been drafted by the HQ.

You will meet some amazing people and become close friends with your co-workers. Sadly, the shared bond is the frustration with the company and its issues that get ignored.
Pros
The friends you make
Cons
The culture is dysfunctional and management misleads you with empty promises
Good one
Style Guide (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 May 2017
Good and respectful environment, they don't care about the race or background of thief workers, respect and support is key at Indochinco.

I would definitely recommend.
Pros
short break time
Cons
Supportive environment
Never a dull moment
Style Guide (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2016
Indochino is a great place to learn new things and meet great new people. Often you do get more then you can handle, however, this definitely is a great way to learn more than you would in a typical retail environment.

The pay is average and the opportunity to grow is there if you are dedicated (really dedicated) and can give your time to the company.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Often stay late to complete your day
High growth with lots of opportunity
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 July 2016
It's a great company to work for, they are: innovative and at the forefront of mens fashion. Great work environment, high end clientele, great pay and benefits, clothing allowance and lots of room for promotions and growth!
Good job culture
Style Guide (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Travelling Tailor5 April 2016
Indochino had a good work environment, well constructed with class. The products are well tailored to fit a costumers' specification depending on how the costumer wants it well made even with embedding feature of words or initials. Indochino is a great clothing company with so much style. The management created a friendly work environment and made sure co-workers got along.
Pros
Good management team
Cons
short work hours
Job summary
Style Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2016
Indochino is a awesome place to work at
great managers
clean work environment
great staff
great place to learn how to clientele
Stress and Unorganized work environment
Style Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
The work is stressful you have one hour to work with customers in an appointment but you also have multiple pieces of information to log into customer profiles in that same hour which is usually not enough time,

The managers are lazy and like to hand off work to the partime employees.

Their is no constructive criticism and you usually wont know if you are moving in the right direction because they do not help you grow as an employee.

i learned to manage my time and how to interact with different types of customers and meet their needs.

Basically you are under paid for the work that you have to do.
Pros
The discount on suits
Cons
Inequality in advancement opportunities