Indiva

Indiva Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews

Fun and Accepting Place to Work At

Featured review

Indiva selected this as a representative review
Everyone at Indiva has been an absolute pleasure to work with. I loved my job and always felt happy to come into work. Would recommend anyone looking to get into the cannabis industry.

Pros

Excellent Coworkers and Supervisors

Collaborative & supportive work environment

Great place to work! Leadership is top-notch and incredibly supportive.They have a wonderful work culture where you are encouraged to be YOU and achieve your maximum potential They are also producing ground breaking products that are worth the experience to be part of and contribute to their success

Pros

Work from home, Career opportunities, benefits

A headache

Indiva is a toxic workplace. Management consistently shows favouritism, nepotism, makes you use your personal break time for changing into various PPE. Their promises never come through or they happen months later. They fire new hires without trying to coach and correct. They don't hold co-workers accountable for their actions, instead they punish everyone. They do not train, but they take corrective action when something goes wrong. 10/10 would not recommend.

Pros

Coworkers

Poorly managed, inexperienced leads

The most difficult place I have worked. Expectations were very unclear and job descriptions/positions are poorly thought out. No one owns any processes and project management is non-existent.

Pros

Work from home, suitable salary

Cons

Micromanagement, inexperienced leads

Friendly work environment with quality leadership.

My time at Indiva has been great, management provided all of the tools and resources needed in order to achieve a smooth onboarding despite the challenges due to Covid 19. I have felt incredibly welcomed by all members of staff. The company provides exciting new challenges in a fairly new and growing industry. I would highly recommend joining the Indiva team.

Fun and hard working work place environment

When working at INDIVA I had a great experience, with both the people and the working environment. The management is very kind, helpful and understanding, along with my fellow co-workers.

Pros

Clean

Cons

Only two shifts to choose between (days or nights)

The worst. Full of lies and deceipt

Terrible place to work. A highschool type environment where people gossip and spread rumors. The company has no sense of management or how to handle any sort of confrontation. Management is clueless and fake. They will build you up when needed and the second they feel vulnerable, they will let you go. Gross environment. Would strongly recommend against working here.

Cons

Poor management. Bad environment. monotonous tasks.

Irregular workloads and uncertain hours

INDIVA had vast potential to make an impact in the cannabis market if quality was held in regards above quantity. Team leads are useless, do not know what is going on day to day, do not train new employees, and will not relay important, or positive feedback to supervisors, as it falls on deaf ears anyways. Management has ZERO practical, work experience. If managers spent as much time delegating and talking down to their employees as they did in actual production scenarios, this would be a very different company. Managers are completley disjointed from the ACTUAL happenings in production rooms, as they have never actually done any of the work for a full day. I had long given up on trying to communicate, as suggestions are not appreciated from employees anyways. Managers have no experience with the product they are producing, adding to the headache that knowledgable employees encounter daily as they try their hardest to maintain quality, while trying to maintain sanity. Do not expect a fair break, as you will spend the majority of the time changing, and maneuvering the maze that is this building. I was intised into this job with the high probability of moving up in this company, but upon experiencing the troubles first hand, I wanted no part in becoming a supervisors lap dog. Rump licking is highly rewarded here. If you don't mind working in a packaging/chocolate factory, then sign up. If you plan on working with cannabis, look elsewhere, as the grow side of the organization is being dismantled with precision, and conspiratorial motives. INDIVA now receives cannabis from grows -

Pros

Coworkers are fun

Cons

Everything else

Worst job in my adult life

Highly recommend not working for the company. Management is unprofessional and seemed very confused to what was going on each day. Watched dozen of people get walked out. Management was very misleading. Good luck getting past 3 months probation period.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Job stability

Amazing people horrible management

No job security at all. Extremely repetitive, hard on the neck and back. You are ALWAYS being watched here. You could be good at your job and still be fired. Good luck making it past your 3 months.

Pros

The people that you work with are friendly

Cons

Management. Job security. Repetition. Short breaks.

Never would recommend working here

My time at indiva was short but impressionable, I didn’t experience anything pleasant while working for this company. They lacked organization, management, training, and overall professionalism. They take advantage of workers, even during a pandemic. It was a stressful and demanding environment of reaching goals without any structure or direction. Management did little to acknowledge or solve anyone’s concerns.

Pros

Some coworkers

Cons

Management, reliability, lacks professionalism

Poorly mananged

Short stay with Indiva, friendly atmostphere and peers but very shady management. Some professionalism but lack of inmaturaity and direction throughout the building will stunt career growth as an employee.

My happy place!

I have NEVER woken up in the morning looking forward to going to work... until I started working @ Indiva. I love that I still have lots of energy left for my kids when I get home at the end of the day :)

Pros

What every place of employment should be!!

Cons

Needs more bathrooms (but they're working on it!)

Poorly managed

Divided into two areas; processing and grow. Both areas were poorly managed. Seems great for processing employees. Growers have many challenges and preferred past practice seems to be to dismiss growers when challenges arise.

Great job

Working with awesome people who share a passion for the products we make - I look forward to coming to work every single day. Everyone is friendly and approachable. Management is fair and makes an effort to notice everyone for their contributions.

Great culture

The thought of working at a place like this is cool to most people due to the nature of it. But then you actually start working there and you quickly realize you probably should have taken the other job offer. The doors are constantly revolving with new employees coming in and then quickly going out. That may have something to do with how things are handled. Benefits are paid by the company after 3 months, that's a bonus. Parking is sparse.

Not a career

Don't expect to make big bucks at the start. Decent looking very clean facility. Nice work perks and benefits, stocks. Be weary of the shady management looking to take advantage of young workers lack of knowledge on their labour rights.

A Workplace to Look Forward to Every Day

When I started at Indiva I was unsure what to expect with the job. Previous to this job I worked as a web developer at a tech startup so I expected long hours of staring at website code everyday. I was incredibly glad to find out this wasn't the case. Everyone at Indiva is very welcoming and by the end of my first day I already felt incredibly lucky to have this job. Every day is very different but in the best way. In the six months I've been here I've done so much and learned a ton about the company and look forward to being here a lot longer. Indiva is growing faster everyday and is a company I am proud to work for!

Pros

Benefits, Good Wages, Stock Plan, Friendly Co-Workers

INDIVA sets the standards high!

Not only am I proud to work for an Licensed Producer that sets high standards within the cannabis industry, INDIVA is also a passionate, forward-thinking, and pleasant place to work! I consistently learn new things, and feel that I am valued as an employee. Management is easy to talk to, and my co-workers are team-oriented and courteous.

Pros

Cannabis

Cons

Productive and fun work place where staff feels like family

Indiva has a culture like no other... I've created bonds with coworkers that will last a life time, I'm happy, and I'm excited to go to work every day.

Pros

Amazing staff

Cons

Indoors

Classic construction position with a decent salary

Indiva was a decent place to work for the time being. Unfortunately there were no benefits or opportunities for advancement.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Management was a little dodgy

Official response from Indiva

20 December 2019
I think you are describing a different company. INDIVA is not a construction company, we are a licensed cannabis producer and manufacturer of high quality cannabis products. INDIVA offers benefits to employees after completing 3 months of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiva. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement