Indigo Books & Music Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment!
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB18 April 2018
Working in a smaller IndigoSpirit store, the environment was much like a family atmosphere. Great for students and introduction to a retail environment. Management at my location was great and I will have lifelong friends from this job that I worked at from 16-20.

If you love reading books, and are passionate and knowledgable this is a great company to work for.
Pros
Discount on products, get to work around books, company events, opportunity to advance in career
Cons
minimum wage
Very good job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2018
Everyone was friendly and got along nicely. Competitions be†ween workers kept things interesting and allowed for bonuses and salary increases. Fun job with good hours.
Terrible place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2018
Overall the staff there are very nice people, I never had any issue with them. My issues always came from the ideas the company and the managers always tried to push. They would constantly talk about everyone being part of a team, but this applied solely to their evaluation numbers. If numbers were low, they would say this was the fault of all the workers (conveniently not the managers themselves however), but when numbers reached above expectations, no compensation or recognition was really given to workers.
Has a great company culture, but makes me want to pull my hair out
Customer Experince Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2018
I transferred out from my hometown to a different city when I relocated. I hated working for the original store I worked for. They had gone through 3 changeovers in a year. Management had no idea what they were doing. Hours were not very good - they over hired for Christmas and this messed up hours after the Christmas rush. My GM at the time refused to help transfer me to a different store.

Where I'm currently working, things are better on the management front and I don't mind the store.
Pros
Great coworkers, great discount
Cons
Bad management
Great experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 March 2018
A great warehouse company to work with, nice and polite people, good management. Light weight work not to fast working environment the abilities got understand by the management and the work was given considering the most productive way.
Engaging and diverse workplace
Cashier / Tech Rep (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 March 2018
A very great place to work at, the staff on floor are always ready to engage with customers and employees alike in order to maintain the best customer experience.
Pros
Great communication and customer service.
Cons
Computer system is archaic.
Fun oppurtunity
Part Time Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2018
- it was easy to know what is expected of you on an average day, co workers were kind and welcoming
- there were tasks that needed to be completed within time limits, which made it easy to plan our days out
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB14 March 2018
Very welcoming, great coworkers Easy going job. Great part time or full time. Very accepting , understanding management, Makes work enjoyable. Many great opportunities offered
Great starting job for anyone who wants to make some good friends
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON13 March 2018
Varying shifts help with the work life balance. No chance to advance if you don't relocate though, the manager is pretty permanent and fairly picky. Clean, and neat store.
Fun and enriching expereince
Seasonal Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON11 March 2018
I worked during the busiest season, so the pressure was on everyone due to the demand and volume. However, I felt appreciated by the staff and company culture. We had a company Christmas meeting where every employee got a present to thank them for their hard work. There was 12 days of employee appreciation leading up to Christmas. The managers were helpful and my fellow staff was amazing. I had a blast working at Chapters!
Supportive management and good benefits
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
The management is really supportive of any challenges and are able to work around your school schedule. The discounts are pretty good too. Everyone is willing to help everyone else.
Pros
discount on books
Cons
fast-paced
Wonderful company
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 February 2018
I wish I would have stayed with them, I really did love the book culture and the team I worked with. Unfortunately the pay for base employees was not enough to keep me going.
Pros
Books! Book people and more books (and lovely gifts) good discounts
Cons
Low pay, stressful at Christmas time
Fun Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto21 February 2018
Working with Indigo was fun, as the family environment was great. The salary was a bit low though. The hours were flexible and they offer great products.
good and well managed
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2018
Quite busy always an there is lots to learn on daily basis, friendly people, good team leads and a well managed company. Hitting the expected targets was the daily goal and I enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
free lunches and gift cards
Perfect partime job
Morning Stock Associate and Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB7 February 2018
the staff and management always make you feel right at home right from the first day. always joking around but making sure tasks and goals are met for the day. you leave with a smile on your face and cant wait to come back for your next shift!
Awesome
GRAVEYARD SHIFT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2018
Treat the staff very well and had a stable and set schedule for the night, never was left in the dark of what was happening around the store. Lots of hard work from lifting heavier items but got easier as time went on.
fun workplace
Retail work (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 January 2018
i like to work with indigo.it was matches my work ability as per my requirement by lifting and work atmosphear and with salary.I learn lots of new things like using rfscanner .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing
Fun place
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 January 2018
The staff are great and understandable, on thing is that we don’t get enough rewards as a seasonal contract the other staff have more opportunity than we do
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No gift cards
Best if you're a reader.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 January 2018
Love working with books then its great. Customers can be demanding as they don't know what they want. Knowledge of books is key. Also must be able to recognize what category book falls into.
Worked in the warehouse. Very bad culture and management.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2018
Poor culture and management.
Worked Iin the warehouse in Brampton. Bad place to work. Disorder and very inhuman work place. The management term has no people skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indigo Books & Music Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.