Indigenous Services Canada Employee Reviews

4.5Pay & Benefits
High energy workplace with many conflicting demands
Sr. Policy Analyst and Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2019
The team spirit was very good. The workload was extremely heavy and there needs to be improvements in administration of how work happens. They could also use more staff to assist with the work demands.
The passion about the nature of the work was extraordinary. People were inspired by the positive changes they were able to assist clients in attaining.
Pros
Good time spirit and sense of accomplishment by meeting client needs.
Cons
Extremely heavy workload that could create a sense of never feeling on top of things.
Great department to gain valuable skills and learn about the development of Canada's Indigenous population
Junior Program/Policy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2019
- gained valuable skills relating to internal federal government functions
- many networking opportunities
- management found meaningful work for me even as a student in an entry-level position
- some opportunities for full-time employment after graduation
Great Summer Experience
Economic Development, Student (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS21 January 2019
Worked as a summer student in the economic development unit. A fantastic summer job for a business student, such as myself, to develop my business analytical skills, while also learning about the indigenous culture.
Great place to work!
Program Support / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 July 2018
I am doing Co-op program at Indigenous Services Canada. I am impressed how well organized they are and they have great staff! I met many people and I could learn about the Indigenous people, great history!!!
Work Monday to Friday
Desktop Support Services Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 May 2018
Work Monday to Friday. Nice variety of applications exposure, the nature of the work role is First Level due to volume of work as there is little time to get deeper into details.
Pros
Good working hours and weekends off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indigenous Services Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

Indigenous Services Canada Reviews by Location