Index Exchange

Index Exchange Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
This is one company that expects all of you, 100% of you, to be dedicated to your work at all times. There is frequently no downtime for entire quarters at a time. You are compensated for this fairly - but it can be stressful.

If you're looking for a fast-paced job to put your whole soul into, look no further. If you're looking for a software job with somewhat regular hours, this is not for you.
Index Exchange is a very good place to learn if you are hoping to start your career. They use the latest technology and are very well known in the ad-tech world.
If you like to be cover by smart people and learn about the new technologies, IX is the place that you would like to work.
Very unique culture which is combination of Academic Culture and Fun.

If you never been worked on Big Companies and never experienced those environments and culture, then IX will Change the way you see in positive way.
Pros
Free Snacks and Lunch, Good Managers, Academic Environment, Great Learning Opportunity
Cons
Its a real university! Not all are friendly
Rare example in Canada of the dynamic technologically advanced company with the Silicon Valley atmosphere. Friendly environment of people working on same common goal.
Pros
All ideas are welcome, be creative and you'll be rewarded.
Cons
Maybe some growing pains
The work culture is pretty strong but management is very poor. No chances for advancement and they never promote internally. Too many political games within company departments, employees are never felt safe enough to last more than a year.
Pros
Strong culture
Cons
very low salary increases & poor management
Smart people and conducive environment for learning and career development.

Learned how to handle multiple tasks and deliver on time. Also learned how to plan wisely when starting development lifecycles.
Pros
free food and snacks
Cons
non
They offer lots of trendy perks like table tennis and free snacks in order to appeal to people. This is in place of having a good culture, solid management or real respect for employees. There are not many senior people here so it's not a good place to be mentored or learn how to grow in your career. If you have kids, you will be in the minority and managers won't understand that you need to be there for them sometimes. Engineering managers are hired from within and have few people skills or management experience/training. Most people are overworked and the culture consists of people just hired out of university instead of seasoned, talented professionals. This means coworkers are less helpful and more immature. There seems to be a pretty high turnover rate.
Pros
free lunches, free snacks
Cons
inexperienced management, immature culture
I worked here for just under two years. In the beginning The company tries make you feel important and part of the company, practice starts to do window very quickly. I found a lot of favouritism and neglect also. If you do not agree with certain things about that that company that direction then you will be looked at as an outsider. They have a very cultish culture and it appears that only a select few reaped the benefits of the company. The one thing that really was disturbing about this company was the lack of family and work balance. If you call in sick or do not come in to work or if your child is sick, you feel as if you've committed a crime. I would never advise anyone to work for this company. There is no such a thing as an average eight hour workday, they will try to keep you as long as they can. Do you do this by offering free snacks and paid lunches and dinners. This is only to entice you to stay as long as you can. Management needs to wake up and realize that this company is actually going down in a spiral quicker than they can imagine.
Pros
Free lunches. Table tennis. Games.
Cons
Under paid compared to industry, Modern-day slave shop, incompetent management
The company is based on a series of deception and misinformation. Product after product doesn't work but the team just pushes it through.

HR is a mess to deal with, time after time incompetence reins supreme.

Overall I would avoid this company like the plague.
Pros
free tea and coffee for closers
Cons
forced to lie to customers
Index Exchange is a great environment to learn and grow in.
The work is fun and challenging and I recommend people to apply.

They really emphasize on how we are an Engineering company first.

I work as a front-end developer with the Header Tag team. I build and debug the Header Tag website as well as other sites. I deal with Wordpress a lot and custom HTML/CSS/JS.

My co-workers are all kind and helpful. You get a real sense of community here. Everyone works well together.

We have monthly group outings to different places such as going to see Suicide Squad and going for food/drinks afterwards or going to see the Blue Jay's play.

My most enjoyable part of the job is the fact I'm constantly learning. It's a lot of fun but challenging.
Pros
Free Lunches, Monthly Events
Cons
None so far