Independent Grocers Alliance Employee Reviews

Found 297 reviews matching the search See all 1,710 reviews
productive and fun
Deli worker (Former Employee) –  Témiscaming, QC19 January 2020
I enjoy talking with clients on a daily basis. We had regular customers and I always greeted them with a smile because I was genuinely happy to see them.
It’s an okay starter job
Cashier Super Marché (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2020
Only perks is hours for students and some dental benefits. I would recommend this job for any one that has real bills and responsibilities. This is a student job in my opinion.
Bien
Commis (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC14 January 2020
Culture professionnel, Aide sociale, travail en équipe
Plus ou moin le style de travail que j’aime
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Ste.-Foy, QC14 January 2020
Rester debout à la même place pendant 8-9 heure, ce n’est pas ce que je recherche.
Pros
Belle clientèle
Cons
L’équipe de travail n’étais pas développée
Individually run, hit or miss
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Falher, AB14 January 2020
Each store is privately owned, so there is no real consistency in how the store is run... prices are cheaper for the customer, but sometimes quality of food suffers because of it.
Horaire inconvénient, Strict
Commis charcuterie (Current Employee) –  3950 Rue King Ouest9 January 2020
Les horaires sont strict, quasiment obligé de faire 16h par fin de semaine pour un étudiant. Les supérieurs ne veulent pas qu'on parle durant la journée.
Pays the bills
Produce and Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 January 2020
If you want a job that pays the bills this is the one. You are overworked and underpaid. But that's grocery store life. It is what it is at the end of the day.
agréable
Commis fruits et légumes (Former Employee) –  Repentigny, QC20 December 2019
Ce fut une expérience agréable pour un emploi étudiant. L'employeur respecte les heures de non disponibilité en raison de l'école. L'ambiance de travail était dynamique.
fun work place
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB3 December 2019
everyone at work liked to laugh. everyone gets their tasks done on time.you have to deal with some rude costumers but thats costumer service. over all a good place to work
Discrimination and racism existed....
Customer service, food handling, merchsndizing (Former Employee) –  Cavendish, C.S.L.25 November 2019
I didn't realized ,although there is a union in this company,they would help you but warn you if you still want to comeback,the management can do anything to screw up your schedule, and tell you they ca not do anything whatever the mngment.will tell you to do so. Not appropriate that the union is such a bias.
Neil Roland
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC23 November 2019
If a person doesn’t mind the retail business and customer service it is a nice place to work. Get to do different tasks every day and every second day has a freight truck.
very bad
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Atwater, QC21 November 2019
you get yelled at pretty much every day, the supervisors do not care only good thing is the fact that they adjust to your schedule. The clients will be mad because there are no plastic bags, because the line is too long and more.
Reality training
Commis d'épicerie (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Adèle, QC26 October 2019
No, working as a “commis” at IGA is no easy feat, but this quick paced work environment is EXACTLY what I needed. It prepared me for the future reality of what it truly is to work hard. Not only that, but the staff were incredibly helpful and organized. Pay was minimum wage however, which is kind of sad when you think about it since I was being paid as much as the wrapper...
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2019
The company is good to work with , a lot of the times it is very busy where you need to be fast paced & be on your toes , but other then that its a good environment to work in
Warm environment in the workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 October 2019
Working with IGA was a good experience for me in dealing with the public and customers. There were the bad days but my customers always picked me up. Some customers had a bad day and took it out on me, which would be stressful and I've learned you can't satisfy everyone no matter how hard you try.

The management there seem to think of their productivity more than there employees. The employees there are warm and friendly. This is what really made a difference in working there. Do your job and get along with everyone and you'll enjoy you'll love working there.

There are fast past times like any other job, but that helped you enjoy your day and your day go faster.
Pros
Learning to deal with public in a positive way.
Cons
Different scheduled hours..
Fast Pased
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2019
You start your shift by bagging clients goods and from time to time you will be told to go stock the shelves or make sure all the iteams on shelves are displayed nicely.
Fun part-time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fern Ridge, BC3 October 2019
The staff are really fun to work with, after a little while it starts to feel like a second family and many of the customers are regulars who are always friendly and interacting. This is a great part-time job for students looking to make some money
Bad job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 October 2019
This review is based on IGA hochelaga because thats where I worked... It’s flexible when it comes to taking days off (2 weeks before), and the team was nice, but the director and owners were unqualified and did a bad job. The work ambiance was bad because they would yell at us for stupid things and not let us speak to each other. The shifts were so slow except for the rush before dinner time where it was fast and stressful sometimes. Also the salary is an absolute joke, about 10-10.5$ an hour because of the “syndicat” who dont even do anything.
It's an ok job
Dairy Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2019
Your goin to work more then the other person
Your goin to clean up after every including your part-time
Sometime you will see people coming in later but they don't get speaking too
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Flexible Schedules
Commis de nuit (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC18 September 2019
I worked nightshift and the staff are friendly. I was tasked with stocking the shelves. I can understand that this job is not for everyone and it's nightshift so some people aren't meant for that switch.
The only manual labor was placing the boxed products in front of where they're found in the isles. That part takes two hours and is meant to be done at a quick pace. Once you've spread everything, you start opening the boxes and placing the products on the shelves. This part should also be done quickly but if you have good time management, depending on how many boxes there are for that night, you can either take your time, or pick up the pace and finish early after helping the other workers.