Independent Grocer Employee Reviews

사원이 즐겁게 일 할수 있는 분위기
Produce (Current Employee) –  Vancouver10 February 2018
같이 일하는 직장동료들이 유쾌하기도 하고 일하는 것에 큰 어려움도 없다 그리고 손님들도 쿨하기에 매 번 기분 좋게 일한다.
Grocery Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 January 2018
A typical day working at Independent, you would arrive for work and sit down and have conversations with staff before work. The hardest part of the job would have to be getting along with the managers because they were often ignorant and thought that they had a right to be as they are "more superior" than the rest of their staff although It didn't stop the rest of the staff from having a good day and working as well as speaking to them in a respectful manner.
It had a good atmosphere and decent hours
HMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 December 2017
Overall I enjoyed working at Working at Independent my manager was a good person and all my coworkers where great people and it had a great atmosphere altogether.
En générale c'est un travaille bien localisé avec des options pour tous
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 December 2017
Une journée typique de travaille à independent est je rentre vers 3:30 (je commence a 4:00) mais je commence plutôt toujours avant chaque jours peut-être différent mais generalement remplis de break out et fermeture de la boulangerie,il y a aussi le ménage et plusieurs autres critères
fun work place
Baker (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON1 December 2017
Everyone was very nice and it was a very good experience working there. I got paid weekly, and they helped wherever I needed a hand. I learned how to write on cakes, bagged bread and how to put product on the floor. The job was fairly easy and I very much well enjoyed working there.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
too short of hours
Very productive and serious work place.
Juice bar (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON4 November 2017
The rest of the staff ee generally very kind, but are more focused on the professional side of things, which make them more serious and less relaxed as other jobs may be. But there are very kind people non the less, and the work is decent as well!
Pros
Many hours if needed
Good midway job
Deli Manager/HMR Manager (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB21 October 2017
Definitely not a place for a career, just a midway job
Owner lacks people skills but other managers are good.
Gives you the ability to have a life and family while working
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Poor Ownership
Great place, great people to work with.
Administrative Pricing Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON16 October 2017
Wonderful co-workers and management are always there to help. Well kept, clean location friendly town. Fast paced environment If your willing to put in the effort it's a good steady job.
My co workers were some of the best, my supervisor and the management were among some of the worst.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2017
My co-workers were some of the best. They helped me in any way I needed, they showed me the ropes, they pushed you in a good way to success.

My supervisor and the manager were a different story entirely. that I will not go into.
Pros
good people, good work
Cons
long hours, always stayed late to finish, terrible boss
One shift a week
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 September 2017
I only work 1 shift a week at the current time so my input for this not valuable in any meaningful way. I'm sorry but I do not think I am able to help much in this instance.
Flexibility
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint-antoine-de-kent, NB7 September 2017
At the store, the manager would always make is best during University to give us the shift we needed and on vacation time at April, he would give us more. He always understands we can't work during an exam, and let us have off for these days. He understood that school was before work.
Pros
lots of break
Cons
to much drama
fun work place
casher (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT6 September 2017
-I learned how to use a cash
-I learned the name of different fruits and vegetables
-I memorized full of codes
-The hardest part of he job was memorizing all the codes for different foods
-The best part of the job was having a friend with me
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lunch too short
Ordinary and simple job
Chef (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON5 September 2017
It is a very simple job, not tiring and at minimum salary with occasional raises. If you don't like your department it is easy to switch in a department that suits you best.
Pleasant work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON28 August 2017
It was a typical cashiering job that helped me improve my communication and customer service skills. Management was helpful and professional. The hardest parts of being a cashier was getting over the anxiety of handling money and dealing with uncivil customers. Overall, this job was a rewarding experience which left me with skills both useful in the workplace as well as in everyday life.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
All in all, a good experience
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 July 2017
While working at Independent Grocers, I was glad to have such flexible hours and quality-teamwork. I never had any issues with other employees or management as everyone on the team was always level-headed and co-operative.
Pros
Good hours, Benefits, Good Teamwork
Cons
N/a
poor
Shelf-Stacker and Organizer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, ON18 June 2017
I enjoyed working there but i was getting ripped off for money when i have kids to support.so plaese dont waste tour time going there i have to take a second job and fired me because of it.
Cons
Very productive and fun to work at.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON9 May 2017
I really enjoyed working at Independent Grocer you are never bored since there are always things you can do. The staff and co-workers are a lot of fun with good personalities and sense of humour. Good customer interactions and a great learning experience.
Pros
Always something to do so never bored
Cons
Low hours and no benefits
it was a great to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON5 May 2017
I would go into work at 8 am to open the Deli , do the reduction for the day also do the Temps of the bunkers and fill the log books for the day,serve customers , and if there was catering trays to do I would do then ( sandwich and cheese tray etc. cut the cheeses and wrap and price it and but in the bunkers, also clean a lot ... I learn a lot of different thing enjoy my job very much, my fellow co-worker we all work as a team got long very will... On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday was our order day we would unloaded the pallet and but the order away or out in the bunkers and make sure the bunker were always full with product,, I had a very manager and the store owner was very nice also, the most enjoyable part of my job was the customer and my co-worker
Fun place, poor management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT6 April 2017
Independent is a great place to work if you are considering an entry level job. There is opportunities for growth. However, Management can tend to be skeptical and care to only think about themselves.
Pros
Good, friendly environment.
Cons
Job enlargement
independent
Meat Department Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON29 March 2017
Decent place to work if you're only looking for a few hours a week, minimum wage pay and pretty dead throughout the day. The management is sub par and the owner does not really care for the employees. Ex, no raises.