Independent Grocer Employee Review

View all Independent Grocer reviews

It is hard not to laugh at a serious question.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 March 2015
I learned that there are sometimes "stupid" questions but you have to take them seriously to provide the best costumer service.
A typical day involved some banter with the butchers, a casual threat here or there, followed by the sounds of a hearty laugh.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
no advancement

Other Independent Grocer Employee Reviews

Overall good place to work.
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON16 August 2019
The atmosphere of the business is friendly, and the staff is usually in good spirits. Working behind the salad bar is ideal because you're in your own space, working at your own pace.
bracebridge yigs is horrible to work at
cashier but i was literally everywhere else (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON7 August 2019
i worked there for about a month and they told me when i got hired they would follow my availability i wanted and what department i wanted to work in. when i started there they did none of that. they literally ignored what hours i wanted and put me in several departments that i didnt ask or want to work in. my anxiety got so bad it lead to chest pains and i had to quit. they didnt even feel bad for any of it and they got mad at me for it. i will never work or buy anything from them again. management sucks and pay isnt even that good. they will ignore you and work you like slaves.
Pros
Cons
low pay, ignore your needs, no sympathy towards employees, work you like slaves, horrible job