Independent Grocer Employee Review

View all Independent Grocer reviews

I worked with great guys. But the supervisor was insulting from day 1. The Manager gave off a I do not care about the night crew vibe and speech.
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 March 2019
My brief time of 3 months which felt longer.

The people I worked with were all great guys. Even the supervisor who talked down to me and insulted me daily was a decent person. But I was insulted by said person each time I had the distinct displeasure to work with him. Did I enjoy the work yes, did I enjoy the people i worked with yes, did I learn things yes. Does not excuse how I was treated though.

Snapping point was when I was refused a shift swap after getting someone who would swap shifts with me. I hadn't slept in 3 days, he refused flat out. Well I didn't sleep again(shocker), showed up, got insulted and walked out at his direction.(and to avoid hitting a guy half my size and getting charged) I slept 30 hours after that.

But that is just my personal experience with 1 store and 1 man.
Pros
no pros
Cons
worked 1-2 extra hours daily to set up the store for the morning, no overtime pay, no compensation.

Other Independent Grocer Employee Reviews

Kind of good
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 July 2019
Got hired during the Christmas month then half a month before my probation was up I got let go
Pros
easy to get to
Cons
short hours, less pay
I like working there.Like talking with people
Cashier/ Express Cash (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 July 2019
Hard working from the time u get to your cash ..I have learned to be patince.. And the customer is always right. A lot of stress on the job. Like working with people. We have funny times while we are working.
Pros
Pizza parties
Cons
Stress