Independent Grocer Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Awful
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON7 June 2019
Management directly created dangerous situation then placed me (the employee) in said situation where I inevitably had store equipment fall and break a bone in my foot permanently damaging it. When returning to work after just 3 weeks for fear of losing my employment I was released less then a week later without cause or compensation while being treated as though I had fabricated the injury.
Pros
Cons
Terrible environment
difficult
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON29 April 2019
this was a difficult place to work the hours where little to none and being paid what felt like below minimum wage some staff were ignorant or just acted like they didn't care
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hanover, ON3 March 2019
great owners/ management
well balanced with time off and time working
everyone works well together
easy to get along with everyone there
they work well to work around your schedule
Pros
adjusts well around schedule
Cons
minimum wage/ no benefits
A good place to work part time.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON29 August 2018
It was a good place to work however many students and new employees worked there which can lead too many mistakes taking place. The store closes at 9pm during the week which is great for student employees.
Pros
The part time hours were not to long.
Cons
To many employees working at one time
Amazing work environment, customer service skills improved and explored.
Cashier/Customer Service/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manotick, ON7 August 2018
Customer service during my two years at this location was a phenomenal experience as I created friendships with the customers and amongst my co-workers. I explored my customer service skills and exceeded my expectations. I would be trusted with lottery and cigarettes as well as helping other cashiers with incorrect prices, and issues with the computer systems. During my time there I excelled all expectations and took the duties of the job seriously and was training for new customer service employees. The hardest part of my job was not being able to explore opportunities of becoming supervisor and taking on more responsibility.
Pros
Customer-to-employee relationships, co-workers friendly, managers understanding of school and obligations outside of work
Cons
short hours, not given opportunity to advance in that specific job
it has very energetic environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2018
its a best place to work and all the employees are very supportive. management of this store is excellent they are interested in giving the best customer service. also they understand their employees and give them a chance for suggestions.
Pros
you never gets tired
Cons
less hours
fun place to work, well managed
Cashier/Customer Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ON7 March 2013
My typical day at work include serving customers on till, bagging groceries, carrying out groceries as well as aid customers to find their items. I have learned to work with people very well here. The most enjoyable part of my day is helping customers and being interactive.