Independent Counselling Enterprises Employee Reviews

Pyramid scheme..the rich get richer....act like they care
Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 March 2018
Cheap company. Want everything for nothing. Do not pay for most things. Want lots of gifted time and pay from the desperate unemployed victims they hire. The full time salaried employees think that having everyone work casual relief to start is "cool". Not so cool for those living it! They pay 5 to 10 dollars less per hour than other organization in same exact field in the same city. No benefits...no guaranteed hours. The social work trainer is dry...boring and stuck on herself. PET is all about her evaluating you for no pay to you!
Micromanagement...don't deserve quality staff. Stay away from anyone devaluing your time....you are worth being paid for your time...even Walmart pays you for training.
Pros
Work for the desperate
Cons
Quality of staff that would put up with it
Fun workplace, but very minimal personal advancement.
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2017
Office personnel should exert effort in reviewing progress of clients' mental health and life's goals. Overall, I'm enjoying working at Independent Counselling Enterprises because of the office personnels' relax approach to the field staffs.
Pros
Cash and jewelry incentives for years of service.
Cons
Should evenly distribute extra hours at work.
Requires more focus on families
Manager of Community Rehabilitation Programs (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2017
The agency has an excellent health and safety program in theory. The front line staff are paid compromised wages vs. management and are expected to complete tasks up and above their duties.
The front line staff can access support depending on their supervisor as there doesn't appear to be a standard practice.
Clients are treated well but often families don't appear to have a voice to advocate for their loved ones.
However their loved ones are treated with safety first in mind and medical mitigations are addressed as rapidly as possible.
Pros
half hour paid lunch for admin staff.
Great Staff
Manager of Accounts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2017
Great Staff who were always willing to help each other. Agency provided career opportunities for individuals new to the country. Provided excellent training and support.
It is a fullfilling job
Rehabilitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 March 2017
It is always a good feeling knowing you are making a positive difference in a person's life.
Clients can be quite a handful but re-directing can make a world of difference
Pros
Jobs available
Cons
wages not good
very fun place to work.
REGIONAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 February 2017
Everyone at the school is amazing. Family atmosphere and close knit. The staff is there to listen and help nurture possitive relationships.
fun place to work with great Experience and constant Training
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 December 2016
A Fun Place to work,with good team work, more experience gained and constant training. The Clients are also fun to be with and the management is reachable
Cons
Casual
Support worker with Artistic Skills
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2016
Working with this company was a big opportunity for me to utilize my skills as an Artist.i believed my skills we be useful to any Community support work.
Fun work environment
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2016
My typical day would begin with me preparing the boardroom if there was an impending meeting that morning, otherwise I would continue to type any documents that weren't completed the previous day, or finish filing.
Pros
Meeting lunches
Cons
Temporary contract for one year
good
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2016
Independent counselling enterprises-Edmonton
‚óŹ 2009 to present(14 hour per week).
Has been working as a group home support worker.

Duties: Act as a positive role model for clients, providing life skills training and behaviour management. Depending on client type, may assist with grooming, dispensing and administering medication.
is isnt bad for starter
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2016
the job isnt that bad mostly take client out prepare meal and take them to community activities and be companion to the client and make sure there beeds are meet.
personal support worker
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmotnon, AB28 January 2016
I am a friendly, loyal and clearly dedicated individual who has an ambition to succeed in any environment. Solid work ethic, maintaining high level of integrity and confidentiality in all business dealing. Easily able to adapt to new work environments and learn new skills and desire to improve performance and productivity a team player with strong interpersonal communication skills and desire to work hard to accomplish team goals, also a good numerical and organizational skill with demonstrate ability to multi task, set priorities and meet deadlines, a customer service oriented individual with four years of experience in food service industry and food hygiene handling with a variety of responsibly. And Passion to help people with special needs such as children, elders or disable clients.
Pros
N/a
Cons
long shift
the most enjoyable part of the job
Support Home Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2015
The company is very supportive with my needs as a Support Home Worker and also with the Clients needs. There is a Case Worker who visits every month to see us and check for the progress of the client.
Mentoring the support workers to deal with some cases and issues. It is very fulfilling to help one person and treat the client as a family member.
Can provide support with the right matching
Support staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2015
different tasks depending on the placement! could be simple to complex needs involved. Everyday is different with the clients.
Writing and distributing meeting minutes
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2015
A typical day would be attending meeting followed by writing up the minutes I wrote down. I learned more about the software I used (Microsoft). My boss was amazing and the only reason I left was I was only covering that position while a employee was on maternity leave. The hardest part was filing the client paperwork into their files.
Pros
Monthly lunches
Cons
Knowing it was no a permanent position
Independent Counselling Enterprises Inc
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Claresholm, AB21 June 2015
Independent Counselling Enterprises Inc is a great place to work and help and support clients. I have learned a lot and continuing to learn with each client and their needs. I recommend Independent Counselling Enterprises Inc to anyone who has desire to be a support for those who need that support. Thanks Independent Counselling Enterprises Inc for continuing to be there for me as a support worker, working for your company.
great environment to work to.
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2015
co-workers and my supervisor were very generous, and they're comfortable and easy to work with. The individuals that we have supported were very well taken cared at ICE.
rewarding career
Support staff (Current Employee) –  lethbridge alberta24 May 2013
I love that I get to help clients reach their goals and live more independently. Co workers and management are fun and great to work with. Wish they had more hours available to make a full time career out of working here.
Cons
short shift, low wage
we normally have paid workshop that I atttend and it boost up my learning.
Relief Worker/Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2013
Fun with clients and co-workers. I learnt so many things in care giving and my goal set are accomplished by client.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
I worked for six hours
Place where money comes easy because you love the job.
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2013
Well the job that i do is not everyone is job what i mean by that is it's not a lots of people who can do this job. My job is fun because most of the time are free times unless you need to help or take care of someone other then that is fun there is a lots of things you learn things such is like managing your anger and be able to meet new people and work with them without any problem. The hardest part of the job is medications because a lots of these patients have their names on their med because you don't make mistake specially your first time you really need to be careful because one mistake can cause hundreds of them so basically you really need to be responsible because it's a lot more then what you'll think.
Pros
free times
Cons
hours are long but it gets over easy without you knowing it.