Indeed Employee Reviews

Best workplace in Montreal!
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 March 2019
Indeed's mission, culture and solution is what gets me out of bed every morning. They value their employees and offer a diverse workspace with lots of perks. I've never worked for an employer that cared so much about their employees. Working at Indeed is really a dream come true!
Pros
The team, culture & the perks!
Terrible Employee Morale
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2019
I have worked at indeed for a year and a half. Things were amazing when I first started. I saw a bright future for myself here at indeed to expand on my current skills and to learn new sales, and business skills. But then…things took a turn at the end of 2018, headed into 2019…. Reps at indeed will no longer hit green BREAKING NEWS! I have create da lifestyle around the pay structure I was used to. That lifestyle is now gone. I find it hard to manage my lifestyle, take care of my family, and take PTO. I had planned on building my career here at indeed and now I feel as if I am “sticking it out”I feel discouraged, and ashamed coming into work everyday. The morale in the office is beyond down, and it is somehow the reps fault? How does upper management except reps to hit targets that do not even mathematically even make sense to hit due to the current spenders, and new spenders coming in. We are being set up for failure. They are better off letting people go, or being transparent in what is going on within the organization so that we CAN be positive and have a better hope for tomorrow.
Pros
Free lunches, Labtop
Cons
they said it best.."The Glory Days are Over"
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2019
I was beyond excited to start my career here at indeed, to learn, to grow as a young sales professional. Things were amazing my first 2 quarters....and then...things took a turn for the worst. I understand organizations go through changes, which is fine and normal. However it is wrong to make the employees who are bringing in the revenue to feel as if they are not adequate enough, rather than being transparent and providing the proper resources to be successful. Being told to stay positive can only work for so long when people have bills to pay, families to take care of, and lifestyles to maintain that were maintainable prior to all of these negative changes. Management is told to tell us to stay positive i understand the directors are just as stressed and overwhelmed as we are but, when the head of Canadian Sales, tells us to stay positive, and work harder, with no resources behind anything and no promise for a better tomorrow it makes it seem impossible and like we have no other option but to leave and use our skills elsewhere. MAYBE 5% of reps will hit moving forwards both in growth and acquisition, we are not given the proper leads, nor resources to be able to generate the required revenue per rep. And are still expected to stay positive and work hard to attempt to finish and end a race...that is un finish-able and un win-able . Some of the BEST reps at indeed have left the company 10+ within the last 30 days. But lets stay positive right? Lets keep pushing to hit our quotas that will not be reached right? unlimited PTO? yea right you wont ever be pacing to do so. I feel  more... discouraged every single day coming into work.  less
Pros
snacks, people, location, laptop, environment
Cons
quotas, leads, sales opps, management, negative culture, not actually unlimited PTO
Not what it seems
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2019
At first, can look like an exciting company to work for. At first, only. Very poor management with some clueless "directors", no training nor support, high negative pressure...no salary is worth all that. I am sure somewhere, there are good people and good management there, but clearly not in my own experience. My 2 best days there (only 2) where my first and my last, when I quit.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Negative pressure, no support, no training, no help, discrimination, very bad life/work balance
Official response from Indeed
12 March 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your time working for Indeed in Canada. It’s disappointing for us to hear that your had a negative experience with us as that’s of course not what we strive for as a business.

We want everyone at Indeed to feel like they belong and are absolutely committed to fostering an environment where inclusion is valued and leveraged. Our managers are held accountable in their roles as leaders and we monitor this closely through engagement surveys and 360 feedback.

Based on your feedback we’ll take a look further into this, thank you again.

Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Femme de ménage (Current Employee) –  Canada28 April 2018
Environnerement de travail productif et agréable, collaboration permanente et couverture sociale favorable tout les avantages sont réunie pour une vie professionnel ascendente
Pros
Conseil
Cons
Manque d'attention
Rewarding and fun place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Indeed.com manages to provide both a great culture, and an opportunity to make money. Although there have been recent changes in the pay structure, the company overall is heading in the right direction
Pros
free snacks and unlimited PTO's
Cons
hard to move up the corporate ladder
Great Job
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Incredible job with very high salary expectations....no opportunity to grow, however. Management doesn't look inwards for their director promotions. Bad managers lead to unhappy workers.
Pros
Money
Cons
Upper management
fun culture, not much room for advancement
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Very cliquey environment, not much support to excel individually. The sales team model from the states is not in favor for the Canadian market. Way too big of a sales team and there is a constant struggle to hold onto your book of business which is difficult to maintain as it is. Companies have been called countless times by different reps and sick and tired of it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
0 job security
Amazing company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2016
They are so far the best company I have ever worked for!
Great pay, lots of perks work hard play hard !

Room for new opportunity, growth etc

Supportive knowledgeable management, honestly a real career

Couldn't ask for a better place I Love it!
Pros
Cons
If you are lazy you won't succeed you need to work hard for it to pay off
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Account Executive, Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2016
A typical day at work includes working with awesome people, being taught by knowledgeable co-workers and welcomed into a great and fun job culture.
Intern
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT3 February 2016
Great place to work, teaches you the skills and background foundation to develop your sales skills for future endeavors
Great Company good culture
IT Support Specialist (For Indeed Canada) (Current Employee) –  Toronto6 September 2015
Great atmosphere to work, with an open office concept. Management are courteous and friendly, the organization values family and team bonding. You are in charge of your own success.
Pros
Great Benefits
US agressive sales model
Directrice de comptes - relations agences (Former Employee) –  Remote work from home22 June 2015
- Does not understand Canadian market
- US sales model - agressive -unrealistic quotas!
- You are a number