Play YouTube video button
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Indeed Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
This was great place to work when I was employed. We had great incentives and an excellent work culture. The job was hard and you did have to grind but the rewards and bonuses made it easier.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Work could be difficult
J'ai eu une très belle expérience chez Indeed. C'est une belle compagnie avec une belle mission.
Indeed is a great place to work. Like any company that goes through massive growth in a short period of time, there will be challenges; like culture shift, obfuscation of vision at different levels of management and inconsistent planning. However during the 'teenage' years, we're getting over some of those growing pains and really coming into our own and re-establishing our culture, clarifying our goals and delivering clear plans to be successful.

Everything used to be extremely fun and carefree, but things always were when you were a kid! Now that we're growing up, things are a little more serious, but that is critical to continue to evolve as a business.

Additionally, in context of a global pandemic, Indeed is consistently exceeding expectations of how it is supporting its employees, communities and clients and I am truly proud to be a part of this group.
Fun place. Enjoyed team I worked with and the supportive environment. Better opportunity knocked, but I wouldn't hesitate on returning in future if right position opened.
While the "perks" of working at Indeed were good: swag, benefits, snacks, events...it did not make up for the pay disparity of Sales vs. non-Sales employees. Had a lot of trouble moving even laterally due to policies--feel like the company grew too fast, my manager did not have the right authority, and they wanted to "keep me where I was".
4 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working at Indeed in Toronto. We strive to make the Indeed work experience a great one, with all the perks you mentioned just part of the equation and compensation another aspect. Our Sales team generally has a lower starting base salary, but only because they are commission based, which allows them to earn a substantial amount if they exceed their quarterly targets.

As we continue to grow and evolve as a company, we want our employees to have opportunities to do the same. There are endless ways for Indeedians to gain different experiences and take on new challenges within roles, within teams, and within the company. Internal mobility is something we’re really passionate about and we want all of our employee’s next role to be with Indeed.

Thank you again for your feedback, only through reviews such as this can we can continue to improve as a company.
Solid office culture. Directors were great and fair. Upper management took stress out on employees at times. Unreasonable projections and KPIs at times to compensate for this. But great perks!
I am online copywriter my name aftab shek
cansar blue most satisfied customers 2019 winner

produce high quality, technically excellent on brand copy to enhance our brand

Internal agency environment as part of a copywriting team of three
Before going in, just understand that most managers only got their jobs because of family members working in similar positions. The number of times a family member of someone known was chosen over someone who can do the job 10 times better is sad.

Doesn't matter how hard you work, your efforts are going down the drains. And don't let any higher manager see that you are a free thinker with a mind of your own because they will consider you a threat and surely get rid of you and hire 3 more classes. Indeed goes through employees like a Saudi royal going through political activists. If you know what's best for you, I urge you to turn around and run the other way.

There is nothing this place offers and I do mean NOTHING.
14 January 2020
Thanks for leaving a review of your work experience at our Indeed Toronto office. I’m disappointed to read that you didn’t have a positive time during your tenure with Indeed, as that’s not the norm that we typically see and hear from our employees.

One of our best source of hires are Employee Referrals, but by no means are the referrals hired solely because of their family relationship with other employees. We hire the most qualified person available for both the role and the team. Someone who can do the job well but doesn’t mesh well with the team can bring down productivity for the entire team, so a balance is needed to ensure their skillset and team fit.

Eligible employees also have a Learning & Development budget they can use every year along with internal classes and trainings to contribute to their career growth, with many employees promoted to a role with more responsibilities.

If you have any additional feedback that you would like to share, please send an email to inside@indeed.com to start a confidential conversation with the Global Employer Branding team.
Excellent work life balance and other benefits such as Paid Time Off, Flexi-Hours and events for both staff and families. State of the art Technology and resources. Lack of mobility and opportunity can be demotivating; the company also occasionally hired externally as opposed to promoting from within.
good culture - transnational sales, a lot of churn, uncontrolled deals, unrealistic goals, favoritism between coworkers, no room for advancement. that's all
The culture in this company is one of the best I have known!. Senior management genuinely want you to succeed.

It is all about attitude though. I have seen other CSR's with very poor attitude, constantly moaning, poor commitment, terrible work ethic etc, and then they wonder why they don't get promoted!!. All they do is bring the mood down. I don't understand - if you don't like the job just leave!!??

Salary is above minimum wage, but where you take that is down to you. As soon as you start onto the management ladder your salary will of course rise. Work hard, show the right attitude, look for solutions rather than problems. THAT is what is going to take you far.
Pros
Hardworking but easygoing.
Cons
Shifts - i don't like closing shifts but it's a fair rotation I suppose
I've worked at Indeed for over two years, and in that time there have been changes to a number of products, people and leadership, in addition to a shift in attitude. Sales is a much different area of the business than other teams, with activity metrics and attitude being the primary drivers for performance reviews with management. It's a true work hard/play hard atmosphere, and some Managers/Directors will hold different people to different standards.

My typical day sees me making 50 dials/120 minutes with clients, 2-4 scheduled meetings per day. We are compensated well for what we do, and 95% of people here genuinely happy and have no plans of leaving.
Pros
Breakfast/lunch on most days, snacks everyday, unlimited PTO, great culture/work environment
Cons
Sales in general can be stressful, some in management might not be as great of a fit culturally as others
Good culture, great work life balance and starting salary is competitive, however lacks of upward mobility or marginal salary increases which can be demotivating.
Pros
Great Work Life Balance
Cons
No Upward Mobility
Indeed's mission, culture and solution is what gets me out of bed every morning. They value their employees and offer a diverse workspace with lots of perks. I've never worked for an employer that cared so much about their employees. Working at Indeed is really a dream come true!
Pros
The team, culture & the perks!
Cons
I have worked at indeed for a year and a half. Things were amazing when I first started. I saw a bright future for myself here at indeed to expand on my current skills and to learn new sales, and business skills. But then…things took a turn at the end of 2018, headed into 2019…. Reps at indeed will no longer hit green BREAKING NEWS! I have create da lifestyle around the pay structure I was used to. That lifestyle is now gone. I find it hard to manage my lifestyle, take care of my family, and take PTO. I had planned on building my career here at indeed and now I feel as if I am “sticking it out”I feel discouraged, and ashamed coming into work everyday. The morale in the office is beyond down, and it is somehow the reps fault? How does upper management except reps to hit targets that do not even mathematically even make sense to hit due to the current spenders, and new spenders coming in. We are being set up for failure. They are better off letting people go, or being transparent in what is going on within the organization so that we CAN be positive and have a better hope for tomorrow.
Pros
Free lunches, Labtop
30 April 2019
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about working at Indeed in Toronto. Your feedback is invaluable and we are listening.

Our leadership is constantly reviewing sales targets and we appreciate you providing us feedback, we also recommend reaching out to your direct manager or provide feedback through our employee engagement surveys and manager performance feedback. This provides us insights on the employee experience, and we take it seriously. Once again thanks for your feedback!
I was beyond excited to start my career here at indeed, to learn, to grow as a young sales professional. Things were amazing my first 2 quarters....and then...things took a turn for the worst. I understand organizations go through changes, which is fine and normal. However it is wrong to make the employees who are bringing in the revenue to feel as if they are not adequate enough, rather than being transparent and providing the proper resources to be successful. Being told to stay positive can only work for so long when people have bills to pay, families to take care of, and lifestyles to maintain that were maintainable prior to all of these negative changes. Management is told to tell us to stay positive i understand the directors are just as stressed and overwhelmed as we are but, when the head of Canadian Sales, tells us to stay positive, and work harder, with no resources behind anything and no promise for a better tomorrow it makes it seem impossible and like we have no other option but to leave and use our skills elsewhere. MAYBE 5% of reps will hit moving forwards both in growth and acquisition, we are not given the proper leads, nor resources to be able to generate the required revenue per rep. And are still expected to stay positive and work hard to attempt to finish and end a race...that is un finish-able and un win-able . Some of the BEST reps at indeed have left the company 10+ within the last 30 days. But lets stay positive right? Lets keep pushing to hit our quotas that will not be reached right? unlimited PTO? yea right you wont ever be pacing to do so. I feel - more...
Pros
snacks, people, location, laptop, environment
Cons
quotas, leads, sales opps, management, negative culture, not actually unlimited PTO
30 April 2019

Job Advancement is limited, Indeed gives Unlimited Paid Time Off, and offers a decent Salary package and great health benefits. Con is limited promotions or possibility of transfers are limited to US market.
Pros
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Cons
Upward Mobility
At first, can look like an exciting company to work for. At first, only. Very poor management with some clueless "directors", no training nor support, high negative pressure...no salary is worth all that. I am sure somewhere, there are good people and good management there, but clearly not in my own experience. My 2 best days there (only 2) where my first and my last, when I quit.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Negative pressure, no support, no training, no help, discrimination, very bad life/work balance
12 March 2019
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your time working for Indeed in Canada. It’s disappointing for us to hear that your had a negative experience with us as that’s of course not what we strive for as a business.

We want everyone at Indeed to feel like they belong and are absolutely committed to fostering an environment where inclusion is valued and leveraged. Our managers are held accountable in their roles as leaders and we monitor this closely through engagement surveys and 360 feedback.

Based on your feedback we’ll take a look further into this, thank you again.
It was a good company. I left because I didn't like sales but I think it is a great place to work. They work hard to make sure the culture is a fun. Would recommend
Environnerement de travail productif et agréable, collaboration permanente et couverture sociale favorable tout les avantages sont réunie pour une vie professionnel ascendente
Pros
Conseil
Cons
Manque d'attention
Indeed.com manages to provide both a great culture, and an opportunity to make money. Although there have been recent changes in the pay structure, the company overall is heading in the right direction
Pros
free snacks and unlimited PTO's
Cons
hard to move up the corporate ladder