In Social

In Social Culture reviews

Canada7 reviews

Clear

Proud to be working for a company on the up and up

In Social is a wonderful place to start and grow your career no matter what role you take on. If you're sharp, detail-oriented, and passionate about helping clients to stand out in the noisy online world, it's a place where you control how you progress within the company. I started as an intern at In Social when the company was just beginning to grow and it was me and the CEO. I then was hired as a full-time digital marketing associate, then promoted to senior digital marketing associate, and now am managing several projects as In Social's project manager. Needless to say, I've worked closely with the CEO, and she has both her clients' and employee's best interests in mind (which is easier said than done). There is very little that I know now about business, leadership, time management, sales, and digital marketing that I didn't learn during my time at In Social. A typical day at work for me starts with resourcing and taking stock of project statuses. I then contribute at our morning meeting wherein we go through the priorities for the day with the CEO and everyone voices their concerns or asks questions. Throughout the day, it's a matter of ensuring the team is on track, that everyone has what they need to do good work, that clients' needs are met, and that projects are moving along smoothly. It's a lot of coordination and time management! I'd say the most difficult part of my job is staying organized and level-headed when there's a lot to be done, but that's the reality of a growing business. When I've needed help to stay on top of things, I have no qualms about -

Pros

A work culture that focuses on both company and employee growth

Cons

Sometimes tight deadlines

Fairly average experience

A regular day meant speaking with the team on tasks and highpriority matters. Learned about digital marketing for businesses. Management encourages team activities and self-learning. It was hard to became part of the team when some members were closer than others. Grateful for the experience.

Pros

Fully-remote

Cons

Some long hours, No training, Fear of judgement

Insights into In Social

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Fun & Challenging Workplace

Before working at In Social, I was doing freelance social media marketing. I found that as a freelancer, I did not get to have much input when it came to overall strategy and I was often left out of the loop when I came to larger decisions. I have to say that one of my favourite parts about working at In Social is the culture of collaboration. We're encouraged to provide our input and insights on all aspects of digital marketing. This environment not only is beneficial for the employees because we get to hear different perspectives & learn from each other, but also for our clients who get a holistic approach to their digital marketing strategy. A typical day at work starts with a team meeting, then I will go ahead and check in on our clients' ad campaigns. I'm usually working on developing and optimizing ads, so my tasks change day-to-day depending on what's happening with our clients. If I have a strategy for something I'd like to test, I always feel comfortable bringing it up to Jess (CEO & Founder) and the management team. I find that overall the culture is very supportive and I can reach out to the team with questions and ask for help. I have also been encouraged to expand my skill set and to take on new challenges. I think, if you're willing to put in the work, In Social is a great place to learn and to grow. A newer tradition we've incorporated to get in some team bonding time (during COVID) is weekly games. We all get pretty competitive and it's a fun way to get to know each other better. If I had to choose a con, I'd say that there are some difficult situations -

Pros

Collaborative Environment & Great Team

Cons

There's always that one client who gets on your nerves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In Social. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement