In Social

Working at In Social: 7 Reviews

Canada7 reviews

Supportive and caring work environment with opportunity for growth

I can honestly say that working at In Social has been the best career experience I've personally ever had, and I would highly recommend for any individuals who are looking for a job where they're able to learn and grow, while also enjoying a comfortable work atmosphere with kind and compassionate co-workers.When I first started at In Social, I basically had no job direction or idea where my career path was headed, and I can say without a doubt that's completely changed. The management here is dedicated to helping their employees thrive and is always open to feedback (though keep in mind that is a two way street, and they are always willing to provide feedback on your work in order to help you improve).The training processes were lacking a bit when I first started, though they are currently in the process of being revamped to provide extra detail and support to members of the team.At times, the job can definitely be fast-paced and require a good grasp of problem solving skills and critical thinking, but the team is always around for assistance whenever needed.All in all, I can't imagine a better work environment than the one created at In Social and I can only hope this encourages more people to see the potential in a role here!

Pros

Great work environment, supportive team, Friday games, planned social gatherings for employees

Cons

Have to be adaptable, quick on your feet, and a problem-solver to really flourish in a support role

Disappointing

I have to say I was not overly impressed with this company after working with them for a short period of time. A lot of the issues this company holds falls within the technology that is being used. Oftentimes the programs or web browsers being used cause problems with daily workflow, which then impacts employee performance. Training is also split between supervisors and other staff members at equal levels as those being trained, so it becomes unbalanced and things get missed. Unfortunately, this company would rather let employees go instead of providing more thorough/updated training, but within a probationary period you can do whatever you want so I can’t hold it against them.

Pros

Remote work, decent pay, Friday games hour

Cons

Unbalanced training, lack of empathy

Official response from In Social

31 December 2021
Hi Melissa, We see you've left a review here, similar to the one you left on Glassdoor. This is unfortunate, as it does not take into account that you were let go due to being unreliable, untrustworthy, and unable to complete the tasks of the job, despite consistent feedback, multiple re-training session, and clear, actionable feedback. You were even given a plan to show improvement based on actionable goals, which you agreed were doable and fair. You did not reach those goals, and so you were let go. We wish you the best of luck on your future endeavours.

Insights into In Social

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Fairly average experience

A regular day meant speaking with the team on tasks and highpriority matters. Learned about digital marketing for businesses. Management encourages team activities and self-learning. It was hard to became part of the team when some members were closer than others. Grateful for the experience.

Pros

Fully-remote

Cons

Some long hours, No training, Fear of judgement

Great place to work if you can keep up

I've been at this company for a long time and have worked with some great team members on exciting projects for cool clients. The fast-paced environment makes the days fly by and I enjoy spending time with my team members. Sadly, in the past, the CEO has hired some people who may not have been the best fit because she believed in their abilities. While she and many other team members pushed those hires to be their best, they often complained, under-delivered, and brought the whole team down. Over time, those employees have left (by choice or by being let go?), and new employees with really positive attitudes, who had amazing skills, and an actual desire to be at the company have joined, and we now have a team of people that I simply enjoy getting to talk to every day. I can't wait to see what's next!

Pros

Great team members, challenging work, never a dull-moment, memes

Cons

CEO sometimes gives employees too many chances

Proud to be working for a company on the up and up

In Social is a wonderful place to start and grow your career no matter what role you take on. If you're sharp, detail-oriented, and passionate about helping clients to stand out in the noisy online world, it's a place where you control how you progress within the company. I started as an intern at In Social when the company was just beginning to grow and it was me and the CEO. I then was hired as a full-time digital marketing associate, then promoted to senior digital marketing associate, and now am managing several projects as In Social's project manager. Needless to say, I've worked closely with the CEO, and she has both her clients' and employee's best interests in mind (which is easier said than done). There is very little that I know now about business, leadership, time management, sales, and digital marketing that I didn't learn during my time at In Social. A typical day at work for me starts with resourcing and taking stock of project statuses. I then contribute at our morning meeting wherein we go through the priorities for the day with the CEO and everyone voices their concerns or asks questions. Throughout the day, it's a matter of ensuring the team is on track, that everyone has what they need to do good work, that clients' needs are met, and that projects are moving along smoothly. It's a lot of coordination and time management! I'd say the most difficult part of my job is staying organized and level-headed when there's a lot to be done, but that's the reality of a growing business. When I've needed help to stay on top of things, I have no qualms about -

Pros

A work culture that focuses on both company and employee growth

Cons

Sometimes tight deadlines

Fun & Challenging Workplace

Before working at In Social, I was doing freelance social media marketing. I found that as a freelancer, I did not get to have much input when it came to overall strategy and I was often left out of the loop when I came to larger decisions. I have to say that one of my favourite parts about working at In Social is the culture of collaboration. We're encouraged to provide our input and insights on all aspects of digital marketing. This environment not only is beneficial for the employees because we get to hear different perspectives & learn from each other, but also for our clients who get a holistic approach to their digital marketing strategy. A typical day at work starts with a team meeting, then I will go ahead and check in on our clients' ad campaigns. I'm usually working on developing and optimizing ads, so my tasks change day-to-day depending on what's happening with our clients. If I have a strategy for something I'd like to test, I always feel comfortable bringing it up to Jess (CEO & Founder) and the management team. I find that overall the culture is very supportive and I can reach out to the team with questions and ask for help. I have also been encouraged to expand my skill set and to take on new challenges. I think, if you're willing to put in the work, In Social is a great place to learn and to grow. A newer tradition we've incorporated to get in some team bonding time (during COVID) is weekly games. We all get pretty competitive and it's a fun way to get to know each other better. If I had to choose a con, I'd say that there are some difficult situations -

Pros

Collaborative Environment & Great Team

Cons

There's always that one client who gets on your nerves.

Realized potential

I was working for a corporate giant in Canadian fitness when I met Jess, the Founder and CEO of In Social. Despite the lack of recognition from my employer, my effort never dwindled. Jess visited my workplace regularly and we bonded over excellent customer service, for which I'm very passionate about. She appreciated my effort at work, and when the opportunity finally arose, I was able to join the In Social team as the Community & Customer Service Manager. My potential was not only recognized by management, but is pushed on a daily basis. This is a fast-pace work environment in which I thrive, and the growth I've experienced in less than a year of working with this company in incomparable. As we've had to migrate to working from home full-time due to COVID (for the indefinite future, unfortunately), a typical day at work includes:• A morning meeting over Google Meet with the entire team to review and coordinate the workflow for the day. This is lead by our Project Manager and Jess.• Reviewing tasks that are assigned to you on our project management tool, completing them based on the priority specified by the Project Manager, all while tracking the time spent on each task within the same tool. • Coordinate with associates on Slack via phone calls or channels (there's at least one for each client!) to complete tasks within the specified time frame.• If you have a question (or want to pop in to say hello!), our management team is always on our ongoing Google Meets link. • If you have time between tasks, you're encouraged to learn more about your line of work in order -

Pros

Personal development, working remotely without a hitch, hard-working associates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In Social. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement