IN-HOUSE SOLUTIONS Employee Review

View all IN-HOUSE SOLUTIONS reviews

Hire and fire company
Training (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 June 2015
I was headhunted for the role coming from a full-time position from the company HR. The first question I asked was what their turn-over rate was. The lady said the last person that left was there for 3 years, and that I would be replacing him. When asked specifically what their one year turn-over rate was, I was again told 3 years.

When I got there they had hired about 4 people and let go of 2 of them within my first 2 months. 2 other people quit. I was let go just after my 3rd month. The person that I was told was there for 3 years was only there for 1 year and 8 months.

The company culture is great, but the hiring and firing practice is not ethical, and is done on a whim.
Pros
Great working hours, young culture, training
Cons
Hiring and firing practice

Other IN-HOUSE SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

Unless you know something about the Software, don't apply there and make sure you're trained or quit right away.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 March 2014
1.Overall Rating - My overall rating should be no star.
2.Job Work/Life Balance - Was fine
3.Salary/Benefits - Pay was good but instead of benefits starting after 3 months (Like it should have), it finally kicked in just before 5 months (That was a joke).
4.Job Security - Not secure. I was hired to be and outside sales person but with no notice, I was told that I "would be covering Inside Sales for a few months. As far as advancement, if you don't start the position that you were hired for by being assigned to be at a lower position, something isn't right. There's no chance for advancement.
5.Management - A joke. I would contact my manager with my concerns and he would not take it higher up to get things resolved. Instead, he applies more pressure on me because he wants our Region (British Columbia and Alberta) to be out of the radar. I got written up because a quote got sent out to a customer that had not been reviewed by someone at head office. And when I signed the paper stating my write up, he told me that he wouldn't have written me up for that. Instead of just telling me, he could have argued with them about that. Management... Instead of telling me that they've fired the person covering Inside Sales while the person was on Maternity leave, they told me that she quit as an excuse to me to start as Inside Sales. There's more but I'm not going to go there.
6.Job Culture - Clique-ish. Because I was not properly trained for the position pushed onto me, they'd send me nasty and rude emails CC'ing each other to make some point. Within' the same emails, they would joke with
  more... each other. I hated it there but it was a paycheck. That's it.  less
Pros
The Pay
Cons
Had to deal with the verbal and written abuse towards me.