Imperial Irrigation District Employee Reviews

family
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Imperial County, CA13 August 2018
They were a very family oriented company from a small town. They are the largest employer of Imperial County. It's hard to get into this company but once your in you normally retire or relocate as a reason to leave
Good pay, steady work enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Imperial, CA 9225122 May 2018
Fast paced work environment with a constant rush of work. Nine hour day with a one hour lunch. Staffing can be thin at times but overall, everyone pulls their own weight. Great compensation and benefits. Hiring/promotion process needs work. Frustrating career advancement processes.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Lack of career advancement.
politically charged company
Strategic Business Officer, Interim (Current Employee) –  El Centro, CA5 April 2018
need a change in management. there is little value for change or for improving the system in place. there is much emphasis put on consultant work. hopefully the place improves with a new board.
hydrographer (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CA25 October 2016
good company to work for if you can get in. Just takes time and patients. Hours are good and Benefits.Got tired of not be picked for a job that i was excellencly qualified for
Excellent place to work.
AAC Industrial Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Winterhaven, CA6 October 2016
I worked there for 15+ years and was able to retire in my 50's. Excellent pay, benefits, training, and management. They have almost any type of job you can think of. If you like the desert this place is for you.
Pros
Top pay and gold standard benefits.
Cons
Minorities take most jobs from more qualified majorities.
Disability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CA23 August 2016
The day begins by checking email for new or urgent matters, updating logs, my job was very pleasing, i love to help the employees with their business needs. my co workers were very pleasing and the work atmosphere was very friendly. the hardest part of the job was that we needed to prepare legal document of return to work meetings the most enjoyable part of the day was the satisfaction of helping the employees.
Good people shill is a must
LINEMAN SENIOR APPRENTICE/SUBSTATION ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CA24 July 2016
It is a stressfull job that requires nerves of steal and split second decisions &trust your co worker with100% conviction on what he is doing
Pros
Great safety training/lots of free stuff
Cons
Stressfull job
Left with good memories
Sr. SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CA11 February 2016
Overall the time spent at the project is too little. But I did leave with good memories. I was part of the FICO team implementing the State and Local SAP solution.
Pros
As above
Very interesting place.
Water Patrolman (Zanjero) (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CA20 November 2013
Started off getting work orders.
I learned about water and how it is delivered to local farmers.
Management was good.
My coworkers could be better.
Hardest part was trying to fit in.
The outdoors.
Excelent workplace
Apprentice Power Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CA1 September 2013
Enjoy the experience of working on this sailing, as the challenges and learning opportunities motivated me to continue giving my best to take the opportunity to learn every day
Electric/Water Company
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CA25 April 2013
Fun loving company, that I worked for as a temporary assignment being an adminstration assistants, I've learned how to process travel expensed and book flights for employees, Loved this job, managers really care about there employess at this company
Information Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Imperial, CA22 April 2013
Each day various, but for the most part it is a pleasant place to work. I have a great team that I work with. The hardest part of my job is that I am involved in every aspect of the business.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
too many politics, management turnover to high
Stable position
Business Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Imperial, CA27 July 2012
Good stable utility position with good benefits and provides a good work/family balance. There is not a lot of room for advancement and the pay is below market value. The values/morals of some upper management is to be desired.
Pros
good benefits and good work/life balance
Cons
slow moving, very political in nature even to the lowest level employee