Impark Employee Reviews

Toxic work environment
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary1 August 2018
Management, accounting, support jobs are high stress. You're expected to work an insane amount of overtime and you're not rewarded for it. As staff quit or get fired you take on more work without extra pay. You will survive this job if you stay quiet and do as your told. Pros: decent pay (if you reject the extra work but you will be bullied if you deny work), nice office, parking pass, great work parties (if you can tolerate the burnt out and depressed management staff). Front line jobs like patrolling and customer service jobs are not as stressful as the support jobs.
Pros
High turn over
Cons
Good hours but awful job
Patrole Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 December 2018
Car always broke down, management was awful, long hours alone in a car, only gave about 4 tickets a day. Made to go to lots daily but yet wasn't aloud to write any tickets so I stayed in my car for 20 minutes waiting for time to pass. stuck in traffic all day. All of this for 14.00$ an hour.
Pros
good hours - 7am to 3:30pm monday to friday
Cons
long days alone in the car, stuck in traffic with people yelling at you all day, only 14.00$ an hour
A short term goal company
Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2018
I have't working for this company very long but, I can say that communication is not their forte.

Paid is minimal.

But is you like to work alone... it's perfect.
You don't see them, you don't hear from them for months.
A typical day at work is very doll sometime because in a parking lot there's not much happening.

The best part of the job... you don't see your bosses.
Worse part of the job you don't see your bosses.
if you have a question you have to send an email to someone and wait until this person is available to respond... No group chat.
The company doesn't encourage the communication among employees. No wonder why the turnover is so high.
Very slow on acting on things. There's also the fact that
They NOT communicate among them self's even thou they are siting in the same office. Right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing.
frustrating sometime.
Pros
No micro management. you're on your own.
Cons
It would be nice if there was more communication among employees.
Decent pay but the office atmsopher was unbearable.
Office employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 February 2018
The actually work itself was great, the customers were a 50/50 split of nice or rude with any job dealing with the public.

The hard part was the office communication and clique like atmosphere.

Some employees got away with the most disrespectful attitudes and head management made no follow thru when lower managment and employees voiced concerns.

Departments are separated into cliques. The atmosphere will push you over the edge.

If you can ignore That, then the job is great
Pros
Great benefits, pay is decent
Cons
Employee culture extremely disheartening
Low Wages/Wouldn't Recommend Employer
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 January 2018
- Employees are great & friendly welcoming
- Great Benefits
- Call center environment disorganized
- no Supervisor communication no one is on the same page
- Systems are old and never function properly (always freezing)
- Employees have to figure things out themselves as Supervisors are never around and they pass on task to other employees so they don't deal with it
- Advancement opportunities limited as it's by favoritism
- HR dismissive doesn't provide proper information
Pros
close to skytrain/in Harbour center building food court available
Cons
some management
First appearance is not always right
Airport Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2018
If you want to work in a big company with big name and zero attention to their employees, this is for you. Easy to get employed, huge staff turnover, not responsive management. Extremely toxic working environment. Positive was I got to work with some great colleagues, but didn't get to see them a lot, as they all quit one after another.
Pros
Cources provided, great customers, learning customer service
Cons
Favoritism and discrimination, very low pay, poorly organized work, useless management
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2018
Great company to work for. They have amazing benefits including the co-workers. In regards to them being a company most dislike because who doesn't want to park for free well everyone has to pay property taxes so this is a vital service they provide.
Okay
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canada17 December 2018
This company is okay but there is conflict between management they need to get different departments on the same page and working together not aganist eachother
Good
Cons
The worst place to work for
Meter tech./patroller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2017
The worst place to work for, They do not pay very well and no raise at all in 5 years May be 0.25 cent even though I excelled at issuing tickets it did not get me extra pay or bonuses of any kind. Started at 11.00 dollars per hour and after repeated requests for an increase they gave me a 0.25 raise. The Managers have no education most of the operation Managers are high School drop out. The only place that doesn't require any qualification poor management.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No over time
Fun work place but lack of days to work, especially in winter.
Parking Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 November 2014
A typical day is parking cars at Goldeyes and Jets games and greeting for concerts, security patrol and traffic. My co-workers and direct supervisor are good to be around and for the most part do their job to the best of their ability. The hardest part of my job is at the gravel parking lot we use for Goldeyes because it is moon-shaped I have to park cars at a specific angle and when we're busy, it's hard to get that precise angle quickly to move on to the next car.
The most enjoyable part is learning about the cultures of some of my co-workers.
Pros
Salary and benefits due to being unionized
Cons
Lack of days with work
Impark
Parking Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 October 2017
Steady schedule & salary, however I feel staff are underpaid, as work loads can be fairly overwhelming and a lot of management in the branch office put in a lot of un-recognized overtime.
It's a nice place to work....except being replaced by metres
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 June 2016
I have to admit....If you can get a permanent posting (weekly schedule then stays permanent) then the benefits are excellent (even as a parking attendant) wage isn't too bad either. But now with silly machines taking over; not alot of work outside of summer months (especially for auxiliary staff)

I've put in about 10 years or so, and instead of finally getting a full time (at this point would settle for even part time) permanent posting all I am hearing from my boss is (I don't have additional hours to give out) yeah I know....metres and more metres

So yeah; if you are looking just to fill in some gaps in your week (or in some cases in the month) this job is a good fit for sure. If you need something stable and on going....then I suggest you look elsewhere.

But itherwise; the work is great....very relaxed. Management is pretty good....Co-workers are so so (good luck switching shifts with one who has a morning shift)

But all in all it's a good place......with low hours
Pros
not bothered much by supervisors, relaxing, auxiliary staff have flexibility
Cons
Metres, less and less hours available
Upper Management uses authority to instill fear
Cannot mention, retaliation will be shown (Current Employee) –  Calgary9 March 2018
Have to lie about being satisfied otherwise, there's backlash. Upper management says "they're there for you" however not the case. Examples are shown by the turn over rate.

Quite a bit of favoritism to the point where you have to be careful what you say.

Coworkers are the ones that make this place fun, they are hard working and have a great attitude.

HR department is absolutely horrible. While their job is to be unbiased, they are clearly the marionette controlled by the client. Not there to protect you when required.
Pros
Coworkers are extremly hard working and make the place fun
Cons
Upper management instils fear, HR is not supportive
wasn't a safe environment.
Set up crew, flagger, cashier. (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 July 2018
more safety measures need to be taken. typical day started with lock in, then get your lot that you are assigned and then grab your baton, vest, maybe debit and cash, and radio. walk or drive there. come back in 3 hours. clock out.
Ticketing vehicles....a job.
Patroler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 May 2017
Mostly Ok to work for,. They do not pay very well and even though I excelled at issuing tickets it did not get me extra pay or bonuses of any kind. Started at 11.00 dollars per hour and after repeated requests for an increase they gave me a dollar raise.
Pros
Nice people, management, in spite of pay.
Cons
Pay structure.
A good place to start
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec23 November 2014
I believe that one should have a sales experience as it provides a great orientation towards customer service. During my working time as a cashier, i have developed such skills as well as learning how to be independent and manage most scenarios alone.
My co-workers were of multicultural backgrounds and that provided us with an open mind and different perspectives on work and life.
Pros
sales prespective
Cons
salary
Airport always learning and knowledge place to improve yourself
Transportation Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
Everything is good except salary.Per day you can improve by yourself esp. In airport to talk with people and the transportation guys like taxi and bus guys to understand the problems of them and try to solve the problem as well help .
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Company Closed Location) (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON30 September 2016
Meeting people, Management was good. Co-workers excellent to work with. Hardest parts was dealing with high raye clients and Enjoyable part is meeting new people everyday
Benefits
Cons
Slow at times
productive and safe enviroment to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2013
It was very enjoyable and convenient working at impark. It was located near the subway station and was easy to get home at night.
Pros
easy task
Cons
salary to low
Workplace culture
Federal Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 April 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping our clients. Bringing on new customers and re-assuring them Impark would always be available to assist them with any questions or issues they may have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Impark. Our community is ready to answer.