Impact Security Group Employee Reviews

Terrible mangement
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 December 2018
Impact has horrible management. Theynare never happy no matter what you do. High expectations for low pay. They could give you no shifts for many weeks and yet expect you to be available when they need guards. Also hours are not steady. Could not have imagined a company worse than this.
Pros
Cons
Management; hours; pay
The way they run buisness
Securtiy (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 September 2018
For your average guard there is virtually zero chance of making more then what you make starting, Which isn't anything to write home about. Management is actually pretty flexible but when they get desperate for workers they can be pretty stressed.
Pros
If you work well you'll have very little issues, Management is flexible.
Cons
Management can be intense when they're trying to fill a position someone called out or noshowed for.
The days at Walmart
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK24 July 2018
Days were slow but good. Met alot of cool people and had a lot more doors open for me through this job and the program I was in. Made me aware of the traits and requirements I needed to improve on.
Gained Experience and knowledge
Part Time Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 July 2018
Impact group does have a lot of shifts in summer time during Hockey games and fire evacuation hotel security job. However they hire a lot of employees during these months and then it creates a problem as work suddenly decreases. Overall a good place to start as a Security guard.
Good Seasonal work
Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 June 2018
This is a good company but it does not have much work. Work is basically seasonal. Staff is co-operative. Management is average. Good for casual work.
Pros
Extra hours in season
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Very family-orientated
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK18 May 2018
The impact Security Group has been the best job I've had ever all the guards get along we are all basically like family to each other it sounds cliche but it actually is very true working for impact security is so much fun I always enjoy going to work every day.
Pros
Great atmosphere and great staff
Cons
Can be very dangerous at times
Productive and fun place to work here
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2018
Working with Impact Security Group was a great experience for me as I got to learn new tactics about security and life saving. Got to see new places as our duty sites usually get changed.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Got to travel to far off places
Good for experiece
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK17 April 2018
Good for experience when you first come into the security business. Great people to work with. Can get boring if doing the same shift all the time. Working events are the best.
Pros
easy to talk to higher ups
Cons
repetitive
aa
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK21 March 2018
The management of Impact Security Group Inc. is committed to providing a safe, healthy work environment at all of our operating locations. We are dedicated to identifying, correcting and preventing health, safety and environmental hazards that could adversely affect our employees, customers or the general public. Safety is our top priority within our company.
My Time with Impact
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 March 2018
They don't appreciate everything you do for them. You can go above and beyond and still not receive what you deserve. Full of big empty promise's, they refuse to hire Females in Management.
unprofessional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 February 2018
The management is very unprofessional. They send you to locations that you do not feel safe to work at like a school building at night with no power. I had a very bad experience working with this company.
Fun Environmnet
Security Officer / Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 January 2018
Impact Security Group is a good company to start in the security industry.
You will get the proper training on any sites.
Work lots of events and hours were good.
productive and fun with foot ball
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB27 December 2017
1.Assisted Red Cross in transporting and settling individuals evacuated due to fire into specific shelters to provide protection and safety; escorted people from airport to shelters Lifted luggage; loaded and unloaded heavy suitcases and boxes from and to vehicles.
2.Monitored entrance and exit doors against theft and maintained security by patrolling premises.
3.Reported incidents to Managers verbally in timely manner.

Pros
free swimming
Cons
short hours
Fun job with flexible hours
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK28 November 2017
Friendly staff, reliable management. Good benefits packages. Flexible hours and overall interesting work. Also a good stepping stone to police work or private investigations.
Pros
Flexible hours, lots of down-time
Cons
Can be boring at times
A day on the job with Impacy Security Group
Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 October 2017
Its a beginner level job for the people who wants to feel the working environment of Canada that how it feels working in Canada. I still remember the day I did my first shift. It was a NFL game shift. There were thousands of people there and I was at traffic control to manage them. I have learned how to manage such a large crowd in a safely manner. Even the management people were there to guide us what to do.The workplace culture is great as all the people whether an employer or the employee works at same level which gives a sense of equality and unity. The hardest part is the risk sometimes when you are doing a night shift at a risky place like a construction site. The most enjoyable part of this job is the flexibility of work hours.
Pros
Flexibility of working hours
Cons
The pay
Motiveated work atmosphere and team orientated
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 September 2017
Great work environment. Challanging and motiveting workplace . Offers a wide variety of experances and oppertunities to grow in a team environment. Competitve wages and carrer advancement.
Good Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 June 2017
My experience is good with everyone. All are cooperative and supportive. Everyone is hardworking and they appreciate the hardwork of others. Overall, I am satisfied with my job.
nice futuristic experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 March 2017
I have been a part of this company for the past 1.5 years. So far the hands on experience I have had is fabulous. I have learnt how to deal with different kinds of people. I have learnt how to exhibit immense patience, honesty, punctuality. Protection is an important part of everyone's life, I put myself in my customer's shoes and treat them in the way I expect to be treated, so that's why I started this job. My manager has been really nice to me. I have always tried and many times in exceeding his expectations. I have had a fabulous experience with the company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 February 2017
Good Experience, as I enjoyed working over here. They give you flexible hours which totally suits students. The co workers are help full too and totally develops a great experience.
Nice management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
Standing all day.I learned how to be vigilant.Nice management.multi culture.clients are ver demanding.I love my breaks on job.
Pros
Nice management
Cons
No hours