Impact Recruitment

Impact Recruitment Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews

Not the best one

People talk bad about the other ones.And we don’t have contact with the Boss of impact to complain. That’s not good. Work is hard for what they pay too, is a lot work sometimes.

Thinking about working for a new agency? Pick this one! It'll change your whole perspective.

When you think of small recruitment agencies and their culture, you CANNOT put Impact in that same category. They have management that challenges you to be better, cares about you outside of your work and a pretty cohesive team. I would highly recommend if you want to grow and want to see your team grow with you.

Pros

Great people, opportunity and resources

Cons

Outside forces can affect your overall pay

"Great Place to Work!"

Although recruitment can be a grind, Impact offers surprisingly good work/life balance. There is plenty of earning potential, and leadership works hard to keep everyone in the company up to date on growth plans. If you work hard, and work smart, the tools are provided for you to succeed!

Excellent place to work with a few caveats

First thing to mention is that Impact Recruitment has an excellent working environment and culture. They promote and support everyone to do their best and to work hard. Definitely a lot of potential to make good money if you are open to the ebb and flow inherent in recruitment work (some great months followed by some lackluster months). That good money is based on commissions, as the base itself can be a little lackluster and increases to that base pay are calculated by total commissions for the year.

Pros

Fantastic team environment Excellent commission structure Work culture is very driven and supportive

Cons

Salary increases can be difficult as they depend on total commissions brought into company, Can be stressful/working beyond the 9-5

Growing agency with many opportunities throughout Canada

The company has grown significantly in my time and there have been many changes along the way. This organization can provide the most staffing solutions for companies as we have specialized recruiters and they are paired up with business developers who focus in specific industries/markets. The company has done a great job of onboarding people to the team and providing everyone with the tools to be successful. The culture is good (tougher during Covid) and we often celebrate wins and/or special occasions. I have seen lots of opportunity for change and/or advancement in your role, which allows people to be happy with their position within the organization.

Pros

Great people, beer keg, good location, opportunity to challenge yourself, growth is pay and role, your ideas are heard

Cons

It is agency recruitment, so be prepared to work hard, deal with the peaks and valleys of the sector, growth comes challenges

Collaboration, growth opportunities, and a great group of people!

Great place to grow your career and work with a collaborative, positive and hardworking team of all around great human beings! Leadership team is open to hearing new ideas and is receptive to feedback from staff at all levels of the organization. Since joining the organization just over two years ago, I’ve watched the company not only continue to grow in size (while also expanding its presence across Canada), but also by investing in its people. There are several individuals (myself included) who have benefited from growth opportunities and training in order to progress their careers.

Pros

Internal opportunities for promotion and growth, Great group of people to work with, Open communication

Recruitment with a consultative approach

Impact takes a consultative approach to recruitment. The business recognises the differences teams and individuals need to take to be successful - especially the differences between servicing clients within very different industries.The company has a clear salary and commission structure for all employees to see with clarity on career progression and salary increases based on performance.

Supportive and collegial environment

This is a great company to work for. I have learned so much in my time here and have grown so much as well as an individual and in my career. You learn something new every day

Pros

great mentors, culture, room for growth

Cons

n/a

Always room to grow

I chose this company as it grew fast and I could learn a lot and eventually could grew with the company. There are always a lot of fun new projects and events. The greatest thing about this company is the culture. It not only has tons of people with sense of humor but also opens to staffs' new opinions and feedback. So if you have tons of ideas that you want to make them happen, this would be an ideal workplace for you.

Pros

Room to grow, Culture

Promote leaders within

Impact Recruitment is a cohesive group of individuals that truly enjoy working together while having empowerment within managing their own recruitment desks. My experience with Impact was very good, in the fact that I was constantly challenged and learning each day within my role. If you want to work hard, be nudged outside of your comfort zone and can apply the feedback you receive from your manager to grow then JOIN IMPACT!

Endless earning potential (in a production role) for driven employees

Impact Recruitment is brings a balanced approach to recruitment. A competitive environment - But also one that encourages sharing, helping others and open discussion. Typical hours are common but in order to get up to speed or improve your earning potential, a few extra hours a week will do wonders for your commission. The are gradually adding more and more opportunities for growth, title jumps and managerial roles for those who want and deserve these promotions. There is a focus on quality over quantity and metrics are tracked; however, a more human management style pushes employees to bill (not just metrics). Overall a great place to work where you are in charge of your destiny (or commissions) through hard work.

Pros

Uncapped commissions, training and mentorship, new sliding salary scal

Cons

Need to work hard to bill well. Affected by market cycles/Covid/Economy

Inclusive fun culture

Impact has an inclusive fun culture, the companies goals are based on hard work, accountability and teamwork. A great place to learn and grow with internal opportunities for promotion or moving into a different department. The best part of Impact is the people, everyone is helpful and work together for a common goal, no question is a stupid question. There is a beer keg, always a fun friendly competition between departments. The banter level between teams is high even when WFH, a lot of dad jokes and riddles what more could you want.

Pros

Teamwork, growth for your career and fun

Cons

you need to work hard

Fun and supportive culture

Great support from higher management, everyone at Impact is super friendly, lots of teamwork, people look out for one another, there is room to grow if you want it and management will listen to your ideas. Commission structure is great and I have been able to recruit for roles that I enjoyed and are in my niche. Leaving because I am taking my career in a different direction-if you want to be in recruitment-Impact is a great place!

Pros

Good commission structure, great people, room to grow

Lots of potential for career growth and industry learning + fun office

I worked at Impact for over two years and overall it was a fantastic experience. Having not worked in a recruitment agency before, the company nurtured my growth and I was up and running within a few months. After my first year, I grew into a new position and both my manager and the leadership team were very supportive of my professional development throughout my time there. The people at Impact are from all walks of life, lots of different countries and all ages. Everyone has a strong work ethic, but once Friday rolls around people are up for a good time too. The CEO is passionate about his work, he has an open door and he is always ready to hear feedback and new ideas. He is constantly looking for ways to improve and keep on improving his business, and I felt the company was going from strength to strength under his leadership.

Pros

Very supportive of professional development, If you are willing to put in the work, you will be recognised and rewarded, Freedom and autonomy but given all the resources you need to succeed, Leaders who care about you and your success, Very fun office, lots of activity and engagement

Cons

No option to work from home (I think this has changed), No pets

Good for beginners

This is not a job for established recruiters, more for new or intermediate ones. They provide decent resources and the culture can be quite fun. Previously there were 2 owners who couldnt have been more different. One was a thoughtful, intelligent manager and the other was... not. The good one left but the other one remains. I wouldnt say he's a bad person but he is not good at managing, or even speaking to, people.

Unprofessional

I have never written a bad review before but here is the first one. They are really unprofessional and promises things which Will not happen. Their managers are also very unprofessional and their company will only hire mediocre people who will only stay for a long time. The company is majorly white who are europeans. There is no cultural balance.

Great place to grow professionally

The company culture is awesome - the people are really great and it does feel like a big family. Beer keg in the kitchen, bean bag chairs, roof-top patio - all that good stuff. On the other hand, if you're looking for opportunities to grow yourself professionally there are lots of ways to do that at Impact. They're very good at nurturing talent in their employees and giving you the chance to take on more responsibility or learn a new skill. This is the kind of company where every day is different - you're always having to adapt and think on your feet, which means its a great place to challenge yourself and continuously find ways to get better.

Pros

Beer Fridays, great people, lots of opportunity to grow

Cons

Can be very high-stress

Good workplace culture but lack of support form management and career progression and salary

Enjoyed the people I worked with but management needed a lot of work. Lack of support and leadership. Not many benefits provided and offering very low wages not competitive to the market and/or taking one's experience into consideration.

A fun workplace with a great team and work place culture.

A fun workplace with a great team and work place culture. Had a very supportive management team, always there to listen, provide guidance and assistance when in need. They held many fun activities that made it a great place to work including day to day.

Great Company

Enjoyed my time here, great people to work with. Typical recruiting job you get out of it what you put in. Not too much pressure, metrics not really followed.

Next Level Care

Saw some reviews here from people who had a bad go of it. That wasn't my experience at all. I was called, and had to go through a pretty thorough interview process for sure. Gave the recruiter no bull, and got none back though. If you go in clear about what you're looking for and real about your expectations, you can expect the same back. When a job came up that I was a match for, I gave them a call to ask, landed an interview, was told exactly what to expect, and ended up landing the job. If you get in with them, you're in good hands.

Pros

Well taken care of

Cons

didn't have the exact job I wanted when I interviewed

Official response from Impact Recruitment

2 October 2017
Thank you for the feedback! We use our Certified Candidate System created by Impact Recruitment which is a rigorous screening process so we can feel confident presenting our candidates to the client. We appreciate your honesty and are thrilled you landed the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Impact Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement