Impact Recruitment

Impact Recruitment Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Good for beginners
This is not a job for established recruiters, more for new or intermediate ones. They provide decent resources and the culture can be quite fun. Previously there were 2 owners who couldnt have been more different. One was a thoughtful, intelligent manager and the other was... not. The good one left but the other one remains. I wouldnt say he's a bad person but he is not good at managing, or even speaking to, people.
Unprofessional
I have never written a bad review before but here is the first one. They are really unprofessional and promises things which Will not happen. Their managers are also very unprofessional and their company will only hire mediocre people who will only stay for a long time. The company is majorly white who are europeans. There is no cultural balance.
Great place to grow professionally
The company culture is awesome - the people are really great and it does feel like a big family. Beer keg in the kitchen, bean bag chairs, roof-top patio - all that good stuff. On the other hand, if you're looking for opportunities to grow yourself professionally there are lots of ways to do that at Impact. They're very good at nurturing talent in their employees and giving you the chance to take on more responsibility or learn a new skill. This is the kind of company where every day is different - you're always having to adapt and think on your feet, which means its a great place to challenge yourself and continuously find ways to get better.
Pros
Beer Fridays, great people, lots of opportunity to grow
Cons
Can be very high-stress
Good workplace culture but lack of support form management and career progression and salary
Enjoyed the people I worked with but management needed a lot of work. Lack of support and leadership. Not many benefits provided and offering very low wages not competitive to the market and/or taking one's experience into consideration.
A fun workplace with a great team and work place culture.
A fun workplace with a great team and work place culture. Had a very supportive management team, always there to listen, provide guidance and assistance when in need. They held many fun activities that made it a great place to work including day to day.
Great Company
Enjoyed my time here, great people to work with. Typical recruiting job you get out of it what you put in. Not too much pressure, metrics not really followed.
Next Level Care
Saw some reviews here from people who had a bad go of it. That wasn't my experience at all. I was called, and had to go through a pretty thorough interview process for sure. Gave the recruiter no bull, and got none back though. If you go in clear about what you're looking for and real about your expectations, you can expect the same back. When a job came up that I was a match for, I gave them a call to ask, landed an interview, was told exactly what to expect, and ended up landing the job.

If you get in with them, you're in good hands.
Pros
Well taken care of
Cons
didn't have the exact job I wanted when I interviewed
2 October 2017
Thank you for the feedback! We use our Certified Candidate System created by Impact Recruitment which is a rigorous screening process so we can feel confident presenting our candidates to the client. We appreciate your honesty and are thrilled you landed the job.
No follow up
I've had the same experience as another person wherein they do not reply to your inquires, very unprofessional. They certainly presented well, but no follow up.
27 September 2017
We are sorry you had a negative experience at Impact Recruitment. We wish we could respond to all applicants, but we receive hundreds everyday and unless they make the shortlist, we are unable to respond.
Don't expect a reply
Had a few interviews with Impact - for a position at their own office as well as other companies they set me up with. Never heard back - I called numerous times and was completely ignored. I do not recommend.
27 September 2017
Sorry to hear about your negative experience at Impact Recruitment. This seems strange- we interview candidates one time each year, and after every interview we get back to the candidate. If you are referring to the right company we gather more information and address it. You can contact us at inquiry@impactrecruitment.ca.