Impact Kitchen Employee Reviews

2.5Pay & Benefits
2.3Job Security & Advancement
Good to be a Customer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2018
It's great to be a customer here but not a worker. The team is good but the managers are toxic. There needs to be a weeding out of attitude, power-dizzy little dictators that inevitably kill the spirit of a team Impact desperately trying to build.
It sounds good but...just be on the other side of the counter and enjoy your headspace.
Pros
Pretty equipment, great hats and t-shirts
Cons
Vile management.
Great employees but terrible managers
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
Was a fun place to work at the beginning but the constant micromanaging by inexperienced managers on a power trip is hard to deal with day to day. Lack of basic nutrition knowledge amongst the staff is frustrating when the restaurant is supposed to be focused around nutrition. Was serving factory farmed chicken while advertising "locally sourced and free range". Kitchen managers try to cut corners at all costs and constantly blame workers for their own mistakes. BEWARE. Employees with zero experience are promoted to a manager position based on favouritism by the General manager.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Terrible management, little to no tip out for kitchen staff, expensive staff meal even with discount, and no parking for staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2017
fun always fast passed.hardest time was cleaning. management was good and always helpful. restaurant based in downtown king street west area. most enjoyable part of working there was the amazing food.
A great place to work while you build up your career
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
I have learned so much from Impact: how to work in a kitchen, how to plan, develop and execute a new menu, how to food cost, etc. The owner works hard to make sure there's a good work culture: lots of fitness events and outings to go to!

For the most part, I really love my time when I'm working there. Shifts go by quickly, people are friendly, and the food is good.

My issues are only with a few people in management who create a more negative space by micromanaging and remaining unfriendly to all the workers.

I also think that although it pays fairly, in fact probably more than industry standard, there's not a lot of room for growth unless you go into management. Again, this is the industry, not the company. So it's a great place for those that are in school, pursuing side projects or saving to travel.

Overall, if you love the restaurant industry and are into eating healthy, I'd definitely recommend working here!