Impact Kitchen

Impact Kitchen Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
The place provided a goof working atmosphere and the people were very friendly as well. The management was supportive in the working culture and the place was very hygienic.
Pros
* Most of the people are decent,smart, hard working and fun

* The owners has a great philosophy and intentions for the restaurant

Cons

* No culture of real push back - people succeed by being the "yes-man"

* High turnover of staffs and management staff, and the cause of this is because of the Regional Manager

* Loads of gossips

Advice

* Empower your employees, giving them an opportunity to be proactive, and multi-task towards a successful career, instead of making them "baby sitters"
the staff was very friendly and comfortable to work with. The management was also friendly with all the employees and i loved working at impact kitchen
Managers play game to give shifts. They don’t value the hard works, only they value if anyone butter on them.
As an former employee, I do not recommend this company
they open from 8am-10pm so its a good partime job when you still in school cause they have a flexible hours but not for a full time position.
i learned a lot of things when i working here
Keeps the employees busy with all the work routine even if the restaurant isn't busy. There is in-house politics going on in the association. The management is partial towards the ones who are already in the business for a long time. I would never suggest a friend to work at Impact Kitchen.
I had great time when I was working in this company, the management are really good. I learned many things about cleaning and some products. It's multi-culture workplace so you can find different people with different backgrounds working with you!
This places truly used to be amazing, I would have recommended any and everyone here. The work-life balance was great and the people even better. Unfortunately, now the environment is toxic, upper management has a culture that revolves around gossip, degrading and harassing staff. Staff concerns are brushed under the rug and covered up instead of being addressed and issues solved in a professional manner. The GM, RGM, and owners need to take pointers on how to expand a business but not bite off more than you can chew. Take care of the locations you already have, I can't stress enough that your staff is the reason your customers come back and continue to do so, they are also the reason you're still in business. Start paying them properly for the amount that they do 14.50 isn't nearly enough for a Cashier that also has 5 different subtasks, checklists and is expected to serve as well, schedule appropriately so you're not screwing your staff over and get grip on Managers who are clearly on a powertrip and need to be corrected. Lastly, LISTEN TO STAFF CONCERNS they are valid, not asking for a lot and would truly help your business get back to the fun and encouraging environment it once was.
Pros
great costumer's especially regulars
Cons
Management docent take concerns well, staff are stressed, pay dose not align with the amount of work given
They got a lot worse, as they were expanding faster than they could handle. In the beginning, it was a good gig to help get me through school. They're trying they're best, but aren't able to pay attention to employees needs. It used to be a nice atmosphere, with fun coworkers. It's basically like working at a healthy fast food place, and the busy days can be very hectic/disorganized.
On the bright side, I learned a lot about coffee here.
Pros
free staff workouts once a month
Cons
disorganized environment
Productive and Fun workplace because i don't feel tired on working because of some staffs that are nice and funny. The restaurant is very presentable and all the staffs is approachable.
This was my first serving job - and I think it was decent. Workplace is clean, food is good (if you like eating healthy), coworkers are fantastic.

Hours are unpredictable - especially in serving. You may occasionally work 3 hour shifts which never feels worth it for a minimum wage job. Tips are not fantastic. It often feels like management is unresponsive to employees. They don't often listen to our suggestions or input.

Overall - a good first serving job if you need the experience. Once you have the experience - jump to a serving job with better tips and longer hours.

Although I did like that I could wear yoga pants to work. That was nice.
Pros
50% off meals, clean environment, great coworkers, healthy food
Cons
poor management, short hours, poor tips
Everyone is friendly, the culture is amazing. We can work and learn at the same time. We can learn how healthy food is made. Team work is the valuable lesson from BOH team
Pros
Benefits on staff meal
- Training was fast tracked due to quick opening time of restaurant
- Was spread very thinly during my training and was never given time to fully master anything

- Was expected to be fully trained before the agreed upon time
It's great to be a customer here but not a worker. The team is good but the managers are toxic. There needs to be a weeding out of attitude, power-dizzy little dictators that inevitably kill the spirit of a team Impact desperately trying to build.
It sounds good but...just be on the other side of the counter and enjoy your headspace.
Pros
Pretty equipment, great hats and t-shirts
Cons
Vile management.
Impact is a new fresh food restaurant offering healthy food choices, from salads to dessert, juice drinks and coffee. My responsibilities included being at work on time, with a clean and tidy uniform. I was expected to assist with all customer service needs. I learned to respect everyone from staff to customers, I also learned how to prepare and offer food and drinks. I also learned to service tables and maintain stock and clean space. The hardest part of the job was getting more hours. I really enjoyed working with the staff, they are all young and great to work with.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours
Was a fun place to work at the beginning but the constant micromanaging by inexperienced managers on a power trip is hard to deal with day to day. Lack of basic nutrition knowledge amongst the staff is frustrating when the restaurant is supposed to be focused around nutrition. Was serving factory farmed chicken while advertising "locally sourced and free range". Kitchen managers try to cut corners at all costs and constantly blame workers for their own mistakes. BEWARE. Employees with zero experience are promoted to a manager position based on favouritism by the General manager.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Terrible management, little to no tip out for kitchen staff, expensive staff meal even with discount, and no parking for staff
fun always fast passed.hardest time was cleaning. management was good and always helpful. restaurant based in downtown king street west area. most enjoyable part of working there was the amazing food.
I have learned so much from Impact: how to work in a kitchen, how to plan, develop and execute a new menu, how to food cost, etc. The owner works hard to make sure there's a good work culture: lots of fitness events and outings to go to!

For the most part, I really love my time when I'm working there. Shifts go by quickly, people are friendly, and the food is good.

My issues are only with a few people in management who create a more negative space by micromanaging and remaining unfriendly to all the workers.

I also think that although it pays fairly, in fact probably more than industry standard, there's not a lot of room for growth unless you go into management. Again, this is the industry, not the company. So it's a great place for those that are in school, pursuing side projects or saving to travel.

Overall, if you love the restaurant industry and are into eating healthy, I'd definitely recommend working here!