IMP Group Employee Reviews

Keep looking
Maintenance/Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 November 2018
Portfolio is very old and has never been properly maintained and you have to operate on a shoe-string budget in a demanding environment. Portfolio is also very scattered; ie, residential, commercial, etc. with no real rhyme or reason. They also made me cancel my vacation 2 days before one time and I lost about 500 bucks on a deposit for a getaway I had planned. Manager was also extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Bad management, take your vacation days last minute
Ok for a job not a career
Cormorant Program (Former Employee) –  Halifax Airport30 May 2018
The pay was ok, benefits were normal (Like most other companies)
Management is a joke, if your not family or family friend you dont move up.
When I got hired it took almost a month before my training was scheduled.
When I first arrived, I was told that no department gets along with any other. They all blame each other if something fails.
They had maybe 2 Women who were in management positions.

All in, if you go to work, put your head down and just do what your told its an ok job.
Pros
Free parking at the airport
Cons
To many to list
Senior Aero/Mechanical Designer/Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NS6 May 2018
I had no prior knowledge or experience in aircraft repair and mod design or drafting. It was a steep learning curve at first. With help from supervisors and experienced staff, I was able to develop technical writing skills and drafting skills that follow stringent aircraft specifications.
Not as it appears
Not providing (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 April 2018
People you work with are usually good. But be careful of snakes in the grass.
Many stories came out once I was there about how they have little respect for employees, will terminate you without notice, no reasons provided.
Big top management and directors are a joke. If you’re not family or friends forget about advancement.
Very male driven environment.
Abandon hope
Former ramp attendant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 March 2018
If you need a job, then OK go for it.
IMP, Innotech, Execaire. It is all the same place.
They put a lot of effort into telling you what a wonderful place it is but they do little to make it so.
Your problems start even before you get in. Park in the muddy field across the street.
The work is interesting but that wears off quickly.
You are treated as a number and heaven help you if you step out of line. They do ensure that everything is legal and will tell you so. It is not illegal to be arrogant and somewhat abusive. There is a fine line and they know exactly where that line is.
Management is poor to fair, depending on who it is. It seems the higher up the ladder they are, the worse they are. Lots of egos.
The good ones all left long ago.
Pros
Neat beautiful airplanes. Decent benefit package.
Cons
Everything else.
Job Security /advancements
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  QC17 November 2017
Day starts with Review and plan upcoming activity, contact with related departments and enter to highly responsible quality control processes of tasks being accomplished on Aeronautical systems components and processes, at the end of the day all activity is reviewed and corrective action is being reported to applicable departments.
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 April 2017
Great staff, very good job security. I work with properties management and my daily routine is ensuring that various jobs are completed on schedule and up to date.
productive and fair workplace
Airframe Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 February 2017
Great peers to help with different situations through the average day if needed. Also, great heavy maintenance experience with overtime opportunities and good structure in a company is key
Pros
offered overtime and good benefits
Cons
outdated work space
Interesting and challenging
Customer Care-Market Research Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, NS26 May 2014
Great place to work, interesting people.
IMP Group International Inc. is focused on global, sustainable growth, with over 3,500 experienced people delivering service, quality and value to customers across diverse sectors such as aerospace & defense, aviation, airline, healthcare, information technology, hospitality and property development.
My duties include but are not limited to :
Marketing & Sales strategy/message implementation.
Analyst relations and negotiation skills.
Provide visible day to day leadership, strategic direction & motivation in order to foster a culture of teamwork, mutual support and EXCEPTIONAL customer experience.
Propose and execute policies and programs to achieve maximum potential.
Develop and maintain key client relationships.
Manage, optimize & lead the implementation of analytics and other key performance metrics.
Work with operations and client staff to provide solutions designed to solve customer business challenges.
Advanced computer technology and database management abilities.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Good
Helped with Surveys (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 September 2012
Everyone was really nice and if you needed help they where there to help. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
treat you great