IMP Group

IMP Group Employee Reviews

Wages are low...not a good place to be if your an apprentice AME or licensed...time on AC isnt reconized by transport canada...your M1/M2 rating will not remain current as well. Common sense is out the window when working for IMP/Canadian Armed Forces. Resources waisted...piles of money waisted...Inhouse type course is useless anywhere else other then with IMP... Older work force ...mostly ex military which are retiring...Company does not replace employees after this point leaving more work on the shoulders of those who remain although the government has already paid for a certain number of people to maintain the AC...Meaning IMP is making more money with less people. Forced overtime...little compensation... You would make more with half the stress as an auto mechanic. Heavy turn over of commerical engineers as the wages are bad...work enviroment poison....the secret is out ....more commercial guys quiting...no one applying.... IMP used to recruit ex military ...but that resource has dried up and people are remaining in the forces as they must put in 25 years to recieve a full pension....plus they pay better ...with a better pension and benefits.
Pros
not many
Cons
poor wages...no advancement..poor morale...
Great place to work especially with retired military personnel! Great group of folks to work with and years of experience.hopefully be back working there soon!
Pros
Working on aircraft
Cons
Laid off due to a number of reasons don’t know when I will called back
the company is run by ex military managers for the most part that still believe that they are in uniform. Communication issues happen daily but luckily they don't want to talk about it. This results in the blame game and low level employees are usually used as reason for the project failure or delay.
Pros
nice clean bright hangers
Cons
pretty much everything else associated with the job
Enjoyed the position which was a short term assignment. Was exposed to various activities that the department overseen and how these activities contributed to the company’s base operations.
A company that really doesn't bother about its employees. No growth, no morale and unless there is an absolute need for a job, I'd suggest take your time, skill and efforts somewhere else.
It was a good place to work and great for learning new skills, pay could have been better but there was overtime and it was a monday to friday job 7:30-4:00.
When I first worked at IMP as an engineer, I enjoyed the work I did. However, this lasted only a few years, as I quickly learned that the company has the following issues: - does not support ideas on how to improve its internal processes - does not support ideas on different markets it could pursue - does not support training staff whatsoever or encouraging its staff to attend conferences (my last training prior to my departure from IMP was over six years ago and not once was I asked to attend conferences) - company does not understand the concept of what a project manager is; existing technical staff are continuously expected to carry out tasks above and beyond their original job and expertise and to fill in any gaps - no support or potential for career development, resulting in working for the company feeling like just a place to get paid, further fueling the desire for staff to leave - considers engineers as expendable, but its managers as valuable assets, resulting in high turnover rate of technical staff - lack of training extends to existing and new managers as well, so cycle of improper management of staff within the company continues to occur - management tends to micromanage, so little to no responsibility is actually given to other staff to help encourage career development and accountability - low morale due to poor company management, which results in poor communication and attitude amongst staff - low morale exists within different departments, so these departments are constantly competing against each other, sometimes even for the same projects and - more...
Portfolio is very old and has never been properly maintained and you have to operate on a shoe-string budget in a demanding environment. Portfolio is also very scattered; ie, residential, commercial, etc. with no real rhyme or reason. They also made me cancel my vacation 2 days before one time and I lost about 500 bucks on a deposit for a getaway I had planned. Manager was also extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Bad management, take your vacation days last minute
The pay was ok, benefits were normal (Like most other companies) Management is a joke, if your not family or family friend you dont move up. When I got hired it took almost a month before my training was scheduled. When I first arrived, I was told that no department gets along with any other. They all blame each other if something fails. They had maybe 2 Women who were in management positions. All in, if you go to work, put your head down and just do what your told its an ok job.
Pros
Free parking at the airport
Cons
To many to list
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IMP Group?
I had no prior knowledge or experience in aircraft repair and mod design or drafting. It was a steep learning curve at first. With help from supervisors and experienced staff, I was able to develop technical writing skills and drafting skills that follow stringent aircraft specifications.
People you work with are usually good. But be careful of snakes in the grass. Many stories came out once I was there about how they have little respect for employees, will terminate you without notice, no reasons provided. Big top management and directors are a joke. If you’re not family or friends forget about advancement. Very male driven environment.
If you need a job, then OK go for it. IMP, Innotech, Execaire. It is all the same place. They put a lot of effort into telling you what a wonderful place it is but they do little to make it so. Your problems start even before you get in. Park in the muddy field across the street. The work is interesting but that wears off quickly. You are treated as a number and heaven help you if you step out of line. They do ensure that everything is legal and will tell you so. It is not illegal to be arrogant and somewhat abusive. There is a fine line and they know exactly where that line is. Management is poor to fair, depending on who it is. It seems the higher up the ladder they are, the worse they are. Lots of egos. The good ones all left long ago.
Pros
Neat beautiful airplanes. Decent benefit package.
Cons
Everything else.
Day starts with Review and plan upcoming activity, contact with related departments and enter to highly responsible quality control processes of tasks being accomplished on Aeronautical systems components and processes, at the end of the day all activity is reviewed and corrective action is being reported to applicable departments.
Great staff, very good job security. I work with properties management and my daily routine is ensuring that various jobs are completed on schedule and up to date.
Great peers to help with different situations through the average day if needed. Also, great heavy maintenance experience with overtime opportunities and good structure in a company is key
Pros
offered overtime and good benefits
Cons
outdated work space
Great place to work, interesting people. IMP Group International Inc. is focused on global, sustainable growth, with over 3,500 experienced people delivering service, quality and value to customers across diverse sectors such as aerospace & defense, aviation, airline, healthcare, information technology, hospitality and property development. My duties include but are not limited to : Marketing & Sales strategy/message implementation. Analyst relations and negotiation skills. Provide visible day to day leadership, strategic direction & motivation in order to foster a culture of teamwork, mutual support and EXCEPTIONAL customer experience. Propose and execute policies and programs to achieve maximum potential. Develop and maintain key client relationships. Manage, optimize & lead the implementation of analytics and other key performance metrics. Work with operations and client staff to provide solutions designed to solve customer business challenges. Advanced computer technology and database management abilities.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everyone was really nice and if you needed help they where there to help. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
treat you great