Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Employee Reviews

Great place to work at

I enjoyed My job I did different jobs .as long as you do your job you will be fine..there are many areas that they will train to for. That's what I liked

Pros

Pot luck was aloud before the virus

Cons

2 shifts

Toxic workplace

Have worked there for almost 2 years, and feel so lucky to leave there.The management team poor leadership, there evaluate employees' e not based on their work performance, but on the relationship with the directors or top managements. HR department didn't do their job at all to solve the problems or improve the working conditions.This the worst workplace I have been in in my past 15 working experience.

Pros

good pay

Cons

Toxic environment

You are truly just a statistic here

I have been working at the client support centre (call centre) for nearly a year now and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. While the program itself is interesting, it quickly becomes redundant and it's clear that the only important thing to management are statistics. The schedule is closely monitored, everything is set to the very minute and there is little to no flexibility on any of it. Supervisors and managers forget that they started on the phone and treat us like children. This job sucks the soul out of you. If you're one of those people who need micromanagement and love talking all day, maybe it's for you.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Everything else

good

this is a good experience and place to work at, you can gain a lot of experience in a very short time. this is a good experience and place to work at.

Laid back, casual employment with potential

The most enjoyable part of this job was how I had a schedule. I had a set number of days and hours to work each week and that schedule never changed.

Great place to work. Your experience will depend on the team you are on.

Great place to work. Your experience will depend on the team you are on. There is a chance you will have boring days depending on your position. There can be a lot of useless meetings sometimes.

Comprehensive, but some of the questions are not relaxant .

Since I have been working at IRB as a contracted interpreter starting about 18 years ago, I have learned a lot through this works as well as professional development sessions in terms of interpretation skills, code of conducts for the interpreters, new terminologies, etc. It provides me an great opportunity to train myself from earlier being very stressful to later feeling relaxed. I have developed a Lot !lot

Strong employer

One of my favourite federal departments to work for. It was a busy and high-production work environment but the management team still cares about your health and wellbeing.

Great government department

Provided me with a great start to a career with great opportunities. Worked with great teams throughout my experience at IRCC. The culture was relaxed and supportive.

Toxic culture within branch

I am sure my negative experience with IRCC was due to the working environment i was involved in. Micromanaged on a daily basis and a toxic atmosphere that made working there a horrible experience.

Data entry in fast paced enviroment

Data entry of PRC applications in fast paced style environment. Predetermined KPI's that were obtainable. Coworkers and team leads were very friendly. Mostly casual positions so not great for long term , and mostly 4pm-12am.

Great job to study at the same time.

I really enjoyed my time at IRCC. It allowed me to study and work at the same time and pay my school tuition. The main thing I would say is that there is a lot of red tape.

Easy to be integrated

Job training is fluid and you feel well integrated into the workplace. Management is excellent and coworkers are usually able to help when needed, not to mention that the work environment is pleasant.

Fun

I completed a student COOP work term at this location. This was a very fun and relaxed work term. All of the employees I ran into were very nice and caring

Tremendous respect for employees rights

Great job, great people and proper training. I learned about the immigration process and what's required to immigrate. Management is exceptional, they care about the employees.

Great place to work. Unfortunately you have to work several terms before being hired full time. No benefits until you are full time.

Great workplace culture. Fair and balanced work environment. I worked processing Citizenship applications. Very good training. Most of the shift is spent sitting down working on applications. Team Leaders made time for socializing which was nice. It would be great to get a full time position there.

Pros

Good income, good work environment.

Cons

Lots of sitting. Casual\Term positions only available at the beginning.

Great Opportuniy

I got along with my co workers. I learned so many new things, overall it was an enriching experience. My boss was attentive and cared about her employees. The department I got sent to was challenging and had a very steep learning curve. However, I don't see that as a bad thing. If you are sent to another department the work can get a bit tedious and repetitive. All in all, it was a good experience.

Pros

Great salary

Cons

Casual contract

Good work environment

This government position was enjoyable and engaging especially as a CR-04 you were given a lot of responsibilities compared to others at the same level.

Typical Day at work

Our division is a small group of 10 people which includes our assistant director. We are a team dedicated collectively in putting quality work out while servicing the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Our environment here is to strive to keep a work home healthy balance, a work environment that is supportive, moral building and strong working relationships. Management is supportive recognizing the efforts and dedication of those that work hard striving to meet tight deadlines and ensuring quality work output. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I work with an amazing group of people, all dedicated, fun to be around even when at times of chaos we still manage to keep the team moral good and tight. The hardest part of the job would be when at the end of the day 10 memo's super urgently needs quality control and processing when you're just about to leave the office. But off with the coat know that it must be dealt with immediately. I've learned that when people get together we become stronger and that most people are good.

Pros

First Wednesday of month we get to have 'me time' from 9am to 11am. Recognized when you work hard.

Cons

challenging, hectic

Excellent, low stress work environment, great pay

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is a wonderful place to work as a casual employee if you are looking to expand your clerical and administrative skillset. The pay is great, and the work environment is very low stress. The only con is that it seems difficult to obtain a full time position.

Pros

low stress, good pay, friendly work environment

Cons

limited availability of full-time permanent positions.

Loved working for IRCC. The management is great and helpful with whatever you need, and they provide lots of training so you go into a job feeling secure and confident.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Little chance of career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2