Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Employee Reviews

Tremendous respect for employees rights
Support Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS8 January 2020
Great job, great people and proper training.
I learned about the immigration process and what's required to immigrate.
Management is exceptional, they care about the employees.
Great place to work. Unfortunately you have to work several terms before being hired full time. No benefits until you are full time.
Case Processing Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS12 September 2019
Great workplace culture. Fair and balanced work environment. I worked processing Citizenship applications. Very good training. Most of the shift is spent sitting down working on applications. Team Leaders made time for socializing which was nice. It would be great to get a full time position there.
Pros
Good income, good work environment.
Cons
Lots of sitting. Casual\Term positions only available at the beginning.
Great Opportuniy
Information Sharing Officer (Former Employee) –  Hull, QC20 August 2019
I got along with my co workers. I learned so many new things, overall it was an enriching experience. My boss was attentive and cared about her employees. The department I got sent to was challenging and had a very steep learning curve. However, I don't see that as a bad thing. If you are sent to another department the work can get a bit tedious and repetitive. All in all, it was a good experience.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Casual contract
Good work environment
Citizenship and Immigration Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2019
This government position was enjoyable and engaging especially as a CR-04 you were given a lot of responsibilities compared to others at the same level.
Typical Day at work
Administrative Assistant, Briefings Unit Division (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 November 2018
Our division is a small group of 10 people which includes our assistant director.

We are a team dedicated collectively in putting quality work out while servicing the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Our environment here is to strive to keep a work home healthy balance, a work environment that is supportive, moral building and strong working relationships.

Management is supportive recognizing the efforts and dedication of those that work hard striving to meet tight deadlines and ensuring quality work output.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I work with an amazing group of people, all dedicated, fun to be around even when at times of chaos we still manage to keep the team moral good and tight.

The hardest part of the job would be when at the end of the day 10 memo's super urgently needs quality control and processing when you're just about to leave the office. But off with the coat know that it must be dealt with immediately.

I've learned that when people get together we become stronger and that most people are good.
Pros
First Wednesday of month we get to have 'me time' from 9am to 11am. Recognized when you work hard.
Cons
challenging, hectic
Excellent, low stress work environment, great pay
Service Delivery Clerk (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS3 July 2018
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is a wonderful place to work as a casual employee if you are looking to expand your clerical and administrative skillset. The pay is great, and the work environment is very low stress.
The only con is that it seems difficult to obtain a full time position.
Pros
low stress, good pay, friendly work environment
Cons
limited availability of full-time permanent positions.
Support Service Clerk (CR-03) (Former Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS22 June 2018
Loved working for IRCC. The management is great and helpful with whatever you need, and they provide lots of training so you go into a job feeling secure and confident.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Little chance of career advancement
Enjoyed the type of work.
Clerical Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2018
Pros:

great medical and dental coverage. Time passes quickly if you work efficiently.

Cons:

Manager are bad, and there's a lot of non ethic things.
Great Place to work
Support Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS16 April 2018
I really enjoyed working in this office. Everyone was willing to help each other with any questions or problems that arose. Great environment to work in.
Pros
great hours, great pay
Awesome place to work!
Support Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS3 April 2018
Awesome place to work!! Professional yet so much fun, and it actually feels like you are part of a team. The team leads are always there to help. Only thing is you don't know when you'll get re-hired.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
No job security
Interesting and professional work place
I.T Officer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 February 2018
This job is an amazing place to gain experience for the private sector.
It is a very friendly environment to work the people are supportive and highly motivated to work as a team and get the job done in the most efficient and responsible way.
Non a place to get a permanent position
SUPPORT SERVICE AGENT CR-03 (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2018
If you have not friends at this Federal Government Office, or if you are not Oriental, or and Indian background just forget about an opportunity. Non opportunity for a permanent job, neither for training. Very poor workplace culture you feel treated as a computer machine very poor management.
Working on files since 2009 and requesting documents again, and again because they lost most of the originals
Cons
Non permanent job opportunites
Ircc
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 June 2017
Generally a good place to work if you are searching for stability, repetitive work and benefits. Overall IRCC is a good place to work, I however working in Operations which is more limited in advancement.
My typical day at work
Service Delivery Agent (PM-01) (Current Employee) –  Vegreville, AB18 April 2017
My typical work day involves reviewing and determining the eligibility of temporary residents. I review the information provided by the client and determine if the client is eligible to receive either a visitor record or a study permit. I also review applications that are submitted online and make the same determination.
New Skills, lost of information, diversity, flexibility and adaptability
Support Service Agent - CR-03 (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2017
During my experience working at CPC-M Immigration Canada I had the opportunity to work very, very hard. I was able to work in different tasks and comply with my target every night. The diversity of employees makes the place a very pleasant place to work.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Casual Contracts