Immigrant Services Society of BC

Immigrant Services Society of BC Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Comfortable
Actually, i worked with Immigrant services society of BC as volunteer.
i had great time to volunteering with ISS of BC .

I wish to have a job in this society because i really like work with Refuge and immigrant and Newcomer also.

However i volunteered with ISS of BC.

I learned a lot specially learned how to work with refuges and how to help them and also how to help with newcomers etc...
Pros
sometimes
Cons
Not too long hour
Great team, lousy upper management
Despite that we had an amazing team, making for a very enjoyable work atmosphere and amazing stats, our upper management had no concept of loyalty. When our contracts ended, they interviewed us for other positions within the company as if they'd never seen us before. They even asked for outside references(!). It's all just a power trip for the manager to establish dominance. But it leaves you feeling unappreciated, after having worked so hard and made the company look really good. It's disheartening, and it's really starting to do a number on the employment programs.
One of the best organization
A peaceful and friendly place to have a job's fun, the place that you can improve your job's experience.
Being the multinational employees in there makes it more pleasant.
Fun, rewarding.
I started volunteering at ISSofBC a while back to fulfil my sense of belonging in a new country. The staff and employees were more than helpful on so many levels, and were open to build connections and networking.
Being in a space that provides services for newcomers meant being in a space that also helped me grow my relations network, explore my options, prove and improve my experience.
I do like accurate work planning and teamwork with harmonized work environment
I like accurate planning for my daily work, teamwork and keep the work environment calm and peace by supporting others in need and mitigate the conflicts
Very good experience!
An incredible first working experience. Extremely friendly leaders. Good benefits, subsidies for lunch and transportation. Very open and safe workplace
Fast Paced enviroment and you meet lots of people
There is opening or closing shift. You have to handle customers from everywhere in the world. I am happy working here. Management is good and workplace culture is about helping people. Hardest part would be when it is super busy and you have customers waiting but everyone deserves our attention.
Pros
Flex Days
Cons
Very Busy sometimes
nice team
Prepared income tax returns for individual income taxpayers with income lower than $35,000.
Nice and hellpful team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to see our clients happy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Immigrant Services Society of BC?
Lively workplace, repetitive easy duties
I am enjoying this job. it is a culture job, great students and volunteers, all my coworkers are great to work with. I think the hardest part of the job when I have to quit.
Pros
Events and built relationship
Cons
Few days and no salary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Immigrant Services Society of BC. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4