Image Optometry Employee Reviews

Worst experience!
Optical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 November 2018
Such a bad experience and waste of my time.
Bad training, bad customer service, very very low pay, rude manager/owner, too high of expectations for no money,
You will get hired as a optical assistant but you will have to clean all store and toilet as well.
I would not recommend this place at all.
bad experience
not good customer service
poor lens quality
poor communications
very low pay
overall not a pleasunt place to work.
friendly people
Sales associate/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 July 2018
its a good job for students but not as a career
they expected you to do a lot of work with a low pay
they don't train that well
people there are friendly but the owner watches everything
Bad work environment
Optometrists Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 June 2018
I was an employee here and i had an anxiety attack and they fired me with out any notice or anything. Right in the middle of my shift. I was beyond furious.
the workplace was very serious.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC23 April 2018
The overall place was nice and the doctors were super nice. However, the manager at the time was very moody which caused alot of tension between patients who were ordering prescriptions glasses and him
Pros
Nice doctors
Cons
Not so nice management
Irresponsible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC10 January 2018
Managment very Irresponsible with the concept of responsibility when It came to promised training of their employees. Would not recommend applying unless you have previous experience and knowledge within optical first.
Cons
Long Hours
Friendly and relaxed place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 November 2017
A typical day would at this place would be answering phones, and doing pretesting for the doctor, and ordering glasses for the patients. I learned a lot about office administration, and ordering glasses and the different types of brands with contacts. The workplace culture was very diverse and very friendly. The management was great as well. The clinic was owned by the doctor and she took very good care of her employees and patients. The hardest part of the job I would have to say would be the closing but that comes with practice. I the part I enjoyed most about working here was the atmosphere and the other ladies working there who made the place enjoyable everyone is very friendly and generous.
IMage
Optometric Assistant - 18 locations (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 November 2017
Well structured company, easy to use computer system. Easy to maintain records. Small intimate teams to tend to customer's needs and requirements. 18 locations
Very fun place to work
Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2017
The managers are very good at keeping the workplace fun and interesting. The CEO however is very disrespectful and verbally aggressive. Achievements are barely noticed.
Optometrist Assistant/Technician (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC9 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Image Optometry. This job was very flexible in regards to what hours one can work. Workplace was very friendly.This review is for the delta location.
Image
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack31 July 2015
The job had a lot of opportunity for me to learn as I had been set in a lot of positions across the clinic. Dispensing, Front desk, sales, working n the lab, ect.
Lots of work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 July 2015
It is definitely an environment I enjoy working in, love meeting new people, assisting patients and customers. Throughout the day I attend phone calls, pre test patients, dispense glasses. Hardest part is probably dealing with difficult customers; however, with time I have learned how to deal with them, so feel quite confident with majority of the things I do at the work place. I could say management would need some work but over all the co-workers seem to keep me happy. Although too much pressure from the owner, always receiving phone calls, and being watched, don't allow us to have some time to relax, constantly have to be doing something. Therefore, there is a lot of pressure. Too high of expectations yet no raise. I am confident with what I do, present myself in a proper way, happily assist patients and customers; therefore, I find a little more respect from management and the owner would be appreciated.
Educational and interesting
OPTOMETRIC ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC14 February 2015
I have learned about the different machines used in the Optical field and the procedures.
I work with very friendly people who are very helpful when you have any questions.
I think the hardest part is when you are asked questions you can't answer or when you are handed a situation where you are unable to help the customer.
I enjoy when someone is very appreciative of you when you have successfully helped them with whatever situation that they have brought to you.
It was pretty great
Frame Organizer (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC7 October 2014
Working at Image Optometry was a great place for my first job ever since it allowed me to try many different job areas. These include customer service, how to make a successful sale, how to book an appointment on the computer and how to distribute frames across a chain. The managers were very supportive and taught me everything I needed to do my job well. The co-workers I was with were very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with un-happy/ very demanding customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the happier customers as well as sorting and making the glasses organized.
Pros
Friendly environment, good people to work with
Cons
The occasional complaining/ rude customer
Receptionist/Frame Stylist (Current Employee) –  Surrey6 August 2014
Very busy, and customer oriented. I enjoy helping patients pick out new frames.
Office experience
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 July 2013
Responsible for handling majority of incoming & outgoing calls in an extremely busy and high volume environment
Administrative duties such as copying, filing, scanning, faxing and emailing
Booking & confirming appointments, answering customer inquiries, finding resolutions
Performing service calls, inputting data using IFILE software
Putting through customer orders, handling cash and performing day end duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Image Optometry. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8