Image Engine Design Employee Reviews

low morale, no respect, pay below industry standard
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 February 2019
with over 30 years as an auto technician i can say the 2 steele owned car dealers ive worked at were the worst places i have ever worked,,
both operated to the same guide lines with maximizing company profits by regularly taking advantage of employees at every opportunity,,
the management are completely unqualified to lead,
mostly because of the low pay, they wouldn't attract any real professional with leadership quality's and experience,
they treat technicians as uneducated labour , and give no perks, not even a turkey at x-mas, nothing,
lunches are frowned upon and forget about breaks,
they made up their own flat rate book at the second dealer i was at that paid far less than industry accepted manuals such as chilton and motor, and only followed dealer times when it suited their interests,,
the easier ,money making jobs , like brakes etc. all go to apprentices and steele invest nothing in their learning towards journeymen status,
the difficult ,low paying work goes to the more senior experienced techs,
its very hard to make an 8hr day if your a journeyman, you need to be somewhat resourceful, or just out right crooked, which seemed to be un-spokenly encouraged, especially financially,
all departments seem to work against each other, i never understood the reasoning in that,
just a terrible and toxic place to work, it amazes me i stayed there as long as i did, lots of empty promises,,
Pros
picing on car parts at 10% above cost
Cons
low pay, long hours, toxic work enviorment, no bonus or perks, no respect, no parking for employees, could never get time off apporved, 6years to get 3 weeks vaccation, no raise in 8 years
Horrible management
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 February 2019
Shop manager does not know how to run the place. Just cares what the big boss sees. Doesn’t interact with any technicians. Horrible place to work for. Anyone in the shop will tell you that.
Cons
Lack of work and management
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS9 January 2019
Not a good place to work. Moral is very low through our company. Would not recommend this place to my ex wife. Just not a fun place to work. Management very selfish.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lack of work
Productive workplace with positive attitudes
Vehicle Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL19 October 2018
Great place to work with an always moving forward attitude, management are always trying to help staff with furthering their career within the company.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
communication
Not a Good Place to work (Steele Group Newfoundland)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 September 2018
The top Management Team have No Respect for any of their employees...There is a constant turn over of staff from the wash bay to the sales dept. (NO MORALE WHAT SO EVER)
Pros
Nothing Good To Say
Cons
Always asked to give extra time /nothing given back in return
This was my work term
Business Administrator - Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL8 March 2018
I worked here for 8 weeks on a work term. I learned a lot, the staff are amazing. I only wish there had been a job for me there when my work term was completed.
I can't comment on salary or advancement, as I was on an unpaid, scheduled work term. I can just say that I enjoyed getting up every day, and being greeted by the wonderful people who embraced me and filled me with so much knowledge and positivity!
Fast pace environment
Parts Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 February 2018
completed orders shipped and receive parts office supplies paint products ect... Maintain inventory, problem solve errors as well contact vendors on a consistent basis. It is easy to get overwhelmed if you do not have the proper timeline for your day. The gratification given by the technicians for my overall performance is what I appreciate the most. The lack of communication with the office is a downside
Pros
Cheap parts and labour
Cons
no advancement
Work Culture not for everyone
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 September 2017
Tough industry and even tougher work culture. Pay scale not great. Constant changing management. Room for advancement but undesirable compensation. Very competitive.
Good Learning experience
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 May 2017
Needs more assertive management and qualified people with people skills. Current management needs to be impartial and not be part of proffered groups.
An All Right Place to Be.
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 April 2017
Steele Auto Group is a huge family of companies all grouped together. I worked in the Mazda store and at the Head office. I held several different Administrative positions, as well as a Customer Relations Assistant in the Service Department. All jobs were very hands on with customers and problem solving skills are a must. The training I received was suited to all my positions.
The management staff are reluctant to talk about advancement and pay increases, in relation to increase in responsibilities. They also tend to burn bridges with folks upon leaving a position for another.
Pros
Friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Not willing to pay for skill
Customers matter if friends with management. Employees don't matter at all.
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 December 2016
Fredericton location (formerly OLeary's): Customers are overcharged and information on costs are hidden. If customer finds out, there's always a good excuse to cover it up. The service manager is inconsistent and incompetent. Upper management turns a blind eye. Employees are disregarded and humiliated. Opinions don't matter. Questioning status quo is strongly frowned upon. No recognition for a job well done, but lots of attention for small mistake. Steele head office seems to have no idea what really goes on, and strong efforts are made to keep them in the dark when they visit. Maybe a good place to work to make some cash while you look for something better, but don't expect to make a career of it.
Pros
Some of the co-workers.
Cons
Long hours, no teamwork, no recognition.
"Family Matters" ... but employees don't
service advisor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS12 November 2016
Basically, management isn't interested in the benefit or growth of their employees, or how well they are compensated, or whether or not they even have a work-life balance. They expect the employees to be absolutely perfect. If they receive a complaint, they aren't even interested in the employee's side of the story. It's stressful, overbearing, and extremely poorly managed. The GM even admitted that the service advisor job is the most stressful and demanding - yet it's the least paid in the entire auto group. If you're interested in a job where you will feel undervalued and stressed out, this is the job for you.
Cons
Bad management
Exciting work place.. Never know what will happen
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 November 2015
When I get to work, I check the voicemail's from the night before, I get all my paper work ready for the day, and wait for the Sales People to get in.

What I learned while here was how to stock in vehicles, I was taught how to become more proficient with filing and keeping track of other things as well.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the faces on both adults and little kids when they come to pick up their new vehicles.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Slow Periods
Productive and fun place to work
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 October 2015
Lots of training and good management, get to meet lots of people !
Must be able to manage time and put lots of extra work into the job to make money.
Hardest part of my job
Parts advisor located at Steele Collision HFX (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 September 2015
you have to be on top of maing sure you're workplace is safe and your parts are right for the vehicle that needs to be repaired.
Great experience.
Previz Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2013
This was a great experience working on a large budget feature with a great and cooperative team. I felt able to work independently while having the guidance required when necessary.
Pros
trust. independence.
Cons
short contract.
A great place to work. Friendly, safe clean working enviroment
Automotive Service Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 March 2013
Great team environment,, people always willing to answer questions or help if I could not find the answer myself. Fast paced and continuous learning