IKO Industries Ltd.

IKO Industries Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada63 reviews
good
good place to work , leadership is quite authority driven, influenced and good place to balance work and life in nice environment, it a good place for the starter
Joke
They don't care about there employees or there family's also poorly managed getting raises is like pulling teeth even if you earned it. Always blaming workers no matters what the issue is! Wouldn't recommend this place to my Enemy
Amazing place to work
The founding family who I worked for were both fair and kind and humble. We developed a strong trust over the years and they knew I would go above and beyond for them,
very dusty
I worked there for ten year...ten year ill never get back if you love breathing dust and not getting your pay check on time then apply....some perks were having fun with the hr girl in the closet.
Bad management
Poor management they like to talk about safety and look safe but they don’t care about it that much. The management toxic environment . Try to make them self feel like they are above the workers and better. Don’t listen to workers at all.
Good place to work.
Stable work environment with a very tenured group of employees at the plant I work at. Employees are very resistant to change with many employees playing out the string.
Depends on department and management
IKO is a family owned company. The owners seem like that make an effort to be humble and instill core values; however high level management only applies them superficially.

IKO is very much a shoot from the hip company and if you speak the truth you will be reprimanded and lose any chance of advancement
Same thing everyday
Started off in production.
Work environment was hazardous.

Breathing in fiberglass, wood dust, granule dust with limited breathing devices.

Never warned or helped with hazardous areas fro. Management.

Worked continental shifts which is horrible for sleep patterns.

Would not go back for any money.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IKO Industries Ltd.?
pleasent environment
Excellent people with high expectation and supervisors are really supportive and always care about people to serve the customers, be ready to learn and teach as well,
Great place to work.
Very safety oriented company

Friendly co-workers

Management is good. Treat employees with respect

Dusty and dirty environment with alot of confined space work.
Productive and fun workplace
IKO is a well run organization with great support and collaborative work environment. The location is close to transit and is in the Yorkdale mall so close to amenities.
No growth within company
Was there for almost 10 years, didn't find any opportunity for growth. They always seemed to hire from outside, and wouldn't give the opportunity to someone like myself.
Work is good
It was a good place to work, sometimes hard work but the schedule was flexible and they were able to accommodate my needs as desired. .I would work there again.
Horrible WORK environment
Horrible job culture. Hardly no training, too much gossiping.

No job security.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
alot
Good people but misc entities
Productive team but existing processes vary between entities, causing problems in streamlining for future processes. You may be expected to work longer than you should to get a task done.
Pros
Founder's Day
Small office, traditional environment
Being owned by a family, a lot of the "traditional" paradigmas are still in use. There is work/life balance but definitely very little opportunities to grow and learn and within the same team each person can be treated differently depending on seniority or other "social abilities".
Pros
Free lunch once in a while, big Christmas party in January
Cons
Dealing with the "power" circle, i.e. people that influence managers and decision makers, gossiping and unprofessional
Good Place
Very Good place to work for very friendly Peoples that work there.
A little organised in the buys season but they are working hard to process everything and serve the customers.
Pros
Good Hrs and Location
Cons
Not very good training
uncertainty
Good rapoor with some staff and management however there are some staff members who are very unwilling to to share simple work related information. At times it seem to me that some of these members of staff borders on nuputism or even more seriously is racially pregidice. The vast majorty of the staff compliment are great to work with but generally there seems to be a sense of lack of job security amoung staff . This relates to my tenor at the Stafford Road location. There were good moments , eg whenever we had a BBQ or a birthday celebration for staff members, after that work/ life was generally dull, with no other activities to talk about. It is critical for IKO management/ Owners to know that if they wish to keep good workers. Its not only about the salary that is offered that keeps your workers but the care and love an the feeling of belonging that will make your employees want to stay with you for a lifetime.
Pros
BBQs and birthday celebrations
Cons
lack of real job security and information flow
Worst job in my career
The perfect place to work on paper but truly a nighmare of a workplace. The managment is abusive and has no respect for the people that work there. It's truly the worst working experience that I have ever had.
Pros
Salary was fair
Cons
Poor culture, stingy vacation days
Floater Utility
Floater Utility responsible for working in all areas when needed. Experienced in Crushers and Conveyor systems. Use of loaders, bobcats, forklifts and overhead cranes. Also worked in Lab Area for Quality Control.
Great Private Company to work for
I work for the owners. They are fast paced individuals who expect great things from you. Give your all and this is a great place to work. They try their best to incorporate us into a family with values.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKO Industries Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9