IKEA Employee Reviews

Loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2018
This was my favourite job. The only reason I left is that I was having trouble getting the hours I wanted. Loved all the managers and other staff. It was an amazing job overall and would highly recommend them to anyone.
Pros
$4.00 lunches and a decent discount
Cons
Difficulty moving into a full time role.
Great company to work for
Part Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 February 2018
Fun place to work. Typical day working on cash lanes, assisting customers with payment or any other issues they may have. Workplace environment is warm and friendly, managers are respectful and kind and we all work well as a team.
The hardest part of the job is unpredictable hours and constant shift changes, but for the most part cash office is a great area to work in.

After being here for so long, its time for new challenges.
Great place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 February 2018
great place to work feel at home fair pay management is good and cares about employees many perks to working here lunches sick days vacations various events !!
Still a number
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 February 2018
This company treats you like a number and nothing like a person.
They preach pillars, value statements and a review process (30,60,90) are they actually practiced?
In my experience they dont provide you with any of this not even expectations
I could go on and on but what's the point, my recommendation learn what you can and ask for your review process and protect yourself.
Pros
Free drinks/$4 lunch, pay and benifits
Cons
The way they treat people
Amazing place to work,
Cash Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 January 2018
Great organization that offers a lot not only to their customers but to their employees as well. Great on-boarding program, and consistent training and development. Great benefits for their employees and their families.
Always opportunity if you show initiative
Logistics Expansion Coordinator Canada (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON and Coquitlam, British Columbia30 January 2018
I promised only 2 years of work and have work for almost 21 years with the company. It has been good, benefits and vacation is great. I am just looking for different challenges and maybe something more closer to home.
Productive and overall fun work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2018
Higher management seemed very fake. Direct manager was very friendly, made everyone feel comfortable always. With no commission or direct sales goals it was a relaxed environment.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Pay not the best
Not the Best, Could be Worse
Self-serve sales associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 January 2018
Working at IKEA is a great part-time job, as they value being open and friendly, the management is approachable, and benefits are decent. It takes a lot of multi-tasking since there are often many customers, but also a lot of daily tasks to complete alongside that.
Nice company
Carts co worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 January 2018
Great company with lots of fun people, but week ends were hard here.can see different people from many countries here. Learned how to mingle with people and how to deal with .
Productive and friendly workspace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON10 January 2018
Working at IKEA is a great part time job, as they value being open and friendly, the management is approachable, and benefits are decent. It takes a lot of multi tasking since there are often many customers, but also a lot of daily tasks to complete alongside that.
Pros
Discounted lunches
A good place to work, very professional
Sales Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2018
It is a very enjoyable place to work.
Everybody is respectful.
The company's culture is well stablished and followed for each coworker.
Management always willing to help you if you need it.
Benefits are good as well.
Overall, very pleased with my work experience.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Most part time positions
Adequate Work Environment
Customer Service & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 January 2018
I didn't have a chance to apply to a specific job. I was a cashier and worked at the self-checkout. The hardest part of the job was the fast-paced atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with.
Team environment
Chef d'équipe Résolution - Appels Sortant (Current Employee) –  9090 cavendish26 December 2017
The team environment is great, yet the workload is forecasted for 46h yet only paid for 40h. Many challenges regarding tools used. Too focus on being cost-efficiency, it becomes counter productive.
Must be a teamwork place
Warehouse Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 December 2017
I've learned how to deal with co-workers in terms of how to work efficiently and to deal with the pressure of work.
In terms of management, It comes to the manager; how he/she treat his/her workers. If he/she shows appreciation of the little things that his/her employees, and that is a good management.
There is no hardest job, if there is team work.
Most Enjoyable part of the job is to meet new friends and learned something new.
Pros
incentives and benifits
Cons
Jealous between employees at work
LOVED working here
Activities Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
I wish I could go back, I absolutely loved it there!!! I found everyone was on the same level. A lot of people stay there for many years. The benefits are great. You can work there in another department if you loved ones work there. Staff lounge has their own soft drink machines, and lunch is provided for staff at a discounted price. Christmas parties were so much fun.
Pros
Each employee gets a christmas gift
Cons
Not enough staff sometimes
Fun place to work, benefits are great
After Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 November 2017
Fun place to work overall, managers are generally helpful and friendly. Benefits are great, pay used to be extremely competitive compared to other companies.
Pros
benefits, employee perks, bonuses
Cons
long hours, irate customers
Productive and healthy work environment with very few flaws.
Contract Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
This company was alright in a sense where i had learned a lot while there. The work is sometimes to repetitive, one day we can be putting up walls for displays (all day), or it can be a garbage day where we take out the old tiles and dispose of them before we put in new ones. The hardest part of the job was the schedule. Sometimes i would work one or two days out the week ans sometimes none that was really difficult because i need hours and money for school. the easiest part about it was communicating with my co-workers and customers.
Pros
Free coffee and fountain drinks
Cons
Minimal shifts, long hours, lack of respect from managers/supervisors
One of the best places to work at!
operator (Current Employee) –  Jönköpings kommun24 November 2017
I was a forklift operator at one of the biggest warehouses in the world. My tasks were to prepare goods for the other workers picking orders, and then shipping it away. I also worked with picking orders, at the recovery center, pallets stocking and so on.
Pros
discounts, 20 min payed massage/week, free breakfast and a lot more
Cons
shifts
Amazing Culture and People
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 November 2017
Absolutely Amazing Company to work for. Great culture and people. High expectations with the tools to complete the job. Fantastic Teamwork with great people around the world. Potential to move is amazing.
Pros
Great Culture, Opportunities to advance
Cons
office politics
productive place
commis des chariots (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC19 November 2017
the hardest part of the job is that even if is -40 or 40 degree you need to work. You need to work outside even if it is slip, rain or snow storm. The most enjoyable is that you don't really have a boss to tell you what to do, you need to be autonomous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K