IKEA Employee Review

Good work, messy managment.
Receiving team support manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba10 September 2013
I was a support manager for the warehouse at Ikea and I enjoyed it. BUT it came as a surprise I wasn't aware of being a manager for a few months and never really got management training on the side. I had the training to use equipment to teach other employees and little training on how to use the trailer programs on the computer I more or less taught my self through manuals there. It was a new store and I expected it to be hectic and I was patient. Even put in lots of OT 12 hour days. In the end I got canned for a small issue of letting a trainee drive on his own around others for a hour on a forklift which is how I was trained. But they didn't fire me on the spot they needed me there they kept me for a month and out of the blue they let me go I had no clue and it really messed things up for me. I hope management is a lot better I hear one of my old friends there moved up and we trained together as managers so I'm glad to see him moving up even though he din't really want to. As goes their Culture, they have a "strong" one and it really got to me saying they look out for their employees and so on and at first it was great I got to go to Vancouver for a month all expenses payed. But then they really dint care about us warehouse people we were like the dogs of the company. Always pressuring us to work very long hours and never getting rewards.and when they dropped me like a bag of bricks that shows that the company is kinda slimy.
Pros
cheap staff luches
Cons
Messy managment

Other IKEA Employee Reviews

Unpleasant experience
Receiving Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2018
Manager was an active bully. The hours were quite punishing, and the culture seemed to contrast the reality of the situation. Did not enjoy my experience at all.
Clean Workplace with friendly attitude
friendly and reliable customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
The workplace was neat and tidy and the people were professional and respectful. I had fun working here and there were opportunities to grow in the company and try different things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K