IKEA Employee Review

Working as a manager at IKEA
Customer Service/ Home Delivery Team Lead (Current Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CA30 June 2014
Being on the manager team at IKEA was a learning experience. I learned to take pride in my work and ownership in the everyday run of my department. My day consist of sales of Home Delivery level concentrating on Same Day deliveries as well as next day deliveries to cut down on cost of sweet trucks and damages/missing merchandise. One of my main part of my job was to monitor real time delivery by running the no delivery report, data precision and data Quality report my goal for the transportation company was to meet the goal of 95% on all three reports if goal was not met it would be put on an agenda for monthly meeting. I had 13 direct reports and we work as a team ensuring that our customers received a positive shopping experience and that were valued customer when they arrived at the home delivery counter. The hardest part of my job would be when I could not come up with a reasonable solution that would make my customer happy. The most enjoyable part of the my job was recognizing my team or a coworker for a job well done.
Pros
Bonuses, discounted lunches
Cons
not enough management coverage during peak days and weekends

Other IKEA Employee Reviews

fun place to work at for the most part
Carts CoWorker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2018
Most Enjoyable part of the job was that your coworkers are very friendly and also hard working.
a typical day at work for me was mostly slow during the week from Monday to Thursday but from Friday to Sunday would be very fast pace job on the weekends.
The hardest part about the job was having to help people who are very rude to you for no reason.
the Management was okay my team lead was the best but Management wasn't really up to par with most things with my department.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
dont get much help majority of the time
Fast paced, good quality
Efficient Goods Flow Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2018
My time working at IKEA has been a great one for sure. The team I work with is great, and the management is friendly. It is a family to be sure. The team is just the same, funny and enjoyable, hard working and dependable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K