IKEA Employee Reviews

No motivation
Kitchen designer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Canada8 August 2018
This job started as a kitchen designer but the company then started to make customers design there own kitchens,so I just became an adviser where there was no insentive to work hard
Great Job!
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
I really enjoyed working at IKEA during thew summer as the position was only seasonal. I plan on returning to work there during the winter break since I just love all my co-workers.
Leaning New Department Requirements
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 August 2018
Very Buzy, Physical, Hot, Standing on Feet All Day, Not good if looking for day work only
Learned Operations of A Productive Kitchen
Diverse Culture
Physical Work, Hot
Enjoy the People
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Night Hours
diverse work environment
Check-out Services and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON2 August 2018
A very nice friendly place to work at, provides a lot of opportunities for growth and development. There are various departments in the organization, which gives an added opportunity to access the department that best suits one's interest.
it all depends on who you work with
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 July 2018
i worked with a toxic team and managers that didn't know what to do to make it better. There's room for advancement or moving to other departments, though. It's just one of those big box stores where it all comes down to who you work with.
Amazing co-workers, great pay
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 July 2018
LOVE working here! THis is a great workplace filled with lots of common sense. I worked here for several years as a second job and I would recommend it to anyone!
Taught me how to multitask
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 July 2018
I only worked here for two months and then I had to leave because of a family emergency . But my experience was great . I learned how to multitask . There were several task that I had to do. I had to help customer with needs, ask them how they liked the food and direct them to the right departments. The other task was at the kitchen . I was told to organize and place the cutlery at the appropriate place so other co-worker working in different to dept could use them for their respective jobs. I had to do these tasks within a set time . There were hundreds of customer and catering to their needs required that to work fast
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
i had to work quite fast . Laziness was not tolerated
Great culture and learning opportunity
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 July 2018
Fantastic place to learn complete business model for any manager. Unfortunately pay does not meet industry standards. From restaurant, warehousing, sales, administration every must be involved somehow in sales. Everyone is at the same level no hierarchy just different responsibilities,
Pros
Great learning opportunity for Managers.
Cons
lower pay
very good place to work, very nice people but my department doesnt make me enough money
Cart Attendant / Helper (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 July 2018
ever since I was hired I have been treated with respect and felt at home as soon as I stepped in the building. but i wish i was payed more, in my department I dont make enough to live on my own sadly
Pros
freedom, flexible hours
Fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2018
Good and fun place to work. Outstanding work life balance, great benefits, fun atmosphere and amazing training. There are a lot of opportunities to move to new locations, and travel
Pros
Free Lunch, great benefits
Cons
Slow to adapt to new technologies
Excellent
Loss Prevention Administrator /Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2018
IKEA is a great company to work with .
My experience at IKEA has been very broad and learning
Great work environment and excellent perks .
There is great scope for advancements and inter department movements
Great Place to Work
Showroom Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 June 2018
It's a great place to work. For part- time positions they offer benefits. The salary is fair and the overall culture is amazing. I've learned alot working here.
Love it
Bistro Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 June 2018
The job is great, some managers can be a little troublesome but that is very dependent on the department and both personalities of manager/coworker. There can be some drama with coworkers but there's more than 200 so that's bound to happen. Great company to work for overall though.
Pros
Ethical Values
Cons
Seniority Rules
Something to start
Food Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC5 June 2018
Everyone will treat you nicely and it has a lot of benefits, maybe the pay its a little low at the beginning but over time it will increase. The store its kinda far from downtown.
Recovery Operations Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
Overall a great place to work. Slightly stress inducing but what job isn't. Mostly a positive experience with co-workers and management. Definitely a different corporate culture in Ikea
Pros
Cheap Lunches
Cons
Repetitive
It's a good company
Canada, QC (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC28 May 2018
It's a good company. The one of best job you can do without special education. Competitive salary and 15% store discount. A lot of overtime, medical assurance.
Unpleasant experience
Receiving Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2018
Manager was an active bully. The hours were quite punishing, and the culture seemed to contrast the reality of the situation. Did not enjoy my experience at all.
Clean Workplace with friendly attitude
friendly and reliable customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
The workplace was neat and tidy and the people were professional and respectful. I had fun working here and there were opportunities to grow in the company and try different things.
Beaucoup de travail, mais agréable
Collaborateur au recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC3 May 2018
Ikea est un magasin très populaire, ce qui fait en sorte que la charge de travail peut sembler parfois excessive. Cependant, il est agréable d'y travailler en équipe.
Excellent place to work
Range Responsible (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2018
Clock in .Proceed to floor, boot up computer at work station check incoming stock lists ensure sufficient space is available for product to be shelved. Do inter department job assignments for the day. do follow ups all day to verify that this is being done in a timely and orderly manner. Assist customers. Review afternoon product items being delivered for overnight fills and prepare space for all. All coworkers are involved with prep.
Management is amazing and always there for coworkers.
Being able to work with people from all over the planet was exciting and educational.
The hardest part of the job was trying to not take work issues home with you. ie: sales that were coming up, did you finish all the paper work, product ordering, etc.
Pros
Constently learning new things
Cons
Sometime short on staff, taking on thier work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.

52K