IKEA Employee Reviews

Tremendously fun, with great people, management and peers alike. $4 buffet lunch, free coffee. However, sometimes the time restrictions on projects are unrealistic. Also the pay for the position is low.
Pros
Benefits, $4 Buffet Lunch
Cons
Pay
Maybe it's my face. I was nothing but respectful and polite. I was met with hostile employees who were real jerks. I dont understand people on most days but I know mean and rude attitudes. Most of the workers had something to say about everything I did. Management wasn't much better. Calgary location. I lasted 9 months before I quit. Walked out. Management phoned me to tell me I was very unprofessional to just have quit and I would never be able to work at another Ikea. I say thank you to him and don't worry I will never apply for a job with Ikea. Be ready to comfort and comply
Pros
Hours
Cons
Rude employees
After 3 months of working as a customer service representative, I was able to become a resolution agent. Ikea has change. Ikea at first was co worker oriented and acknowledged your work. Managers would take time to help you grow and teach you so you can grow. But, Somewhere along the way you started to become a machine. Everything became about how fast you can get things done and if your not fast enough you get scolded often. And I mean there is a list of people who perform slowly. Sometimes you would ask 5 different people questions but they would give you another 5 different answers. Its sometimes hard to communicate with your managers and the scheduling is horrendous. Be vocal about your days off if not there will be mistake. Also as a part timer be warn you have to work Mondays. What made Everything manageable and fun was the people you talked to. The support you got from others is one of the best interaction. You get specialist who are funny, positive and supportive which keeps you going. But it is a stressful job because managers are always breathing down your neck. But there are amazing managers as well. Again is a 3 out of 5. Good and bad.
Pros
The people you meet
Cons
Scheduling ( Especially Mondays for part time)
IKEA Coquitlam is an awful place to work. When it is busy you will probably work alone or have little to no support. Management will hide in the office when you need help and won’t come down to support you even though they say they will. They aren’t enforcing anything for COVID and don’t disclose the covid cases to customers. The managers will pick favourites and give more shifts to them and will find reasons to make other staff miserable. The store manager walks around and doesn’t do anything to solve issues, the sales managers only care about themselves and their pay checks and will pretend to care about their employees. If you have any issues the HR team is directly connected to management and nothing will happen, if anything the situation will get worse. The only good thing about this job is the coworkers. I don’t recommend this job at all. This job will not get you anywhere and it’s a dead end. It pays the bills but not worth the stress.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
If not international worker you concer a good worker . If too hard not a international person rhe other workers don't like you Mangers don't know is good worker they promote the don't care about the job some Mangers are clueless !
Pros
Working when we close due to coveit
Cons
Working with dump workers
Safety work environment Environment friendly Recycling thinking products Friendly environment Nice manager Flexible work hours Nice benefits package
Pros
15%employee discount
Cons
Old erp system
Management is poor, you’re underpaid for the job that you do. They except soo much from you, and give you so little in return. They don’t care about your work life balance, for them business comes first. Career wise if you have a close relationship with any of the TL’s etc... you could become a TL very soon even if you don’t have the qualifications of a leader or understand the business properly.LGBTQ is being imposed on you, whether you like it or not with no respect to your moral standards.Pros: IKEA Insurance is goodCons: Place is a mess
Pros
Insurance, cheap meals
Cons
Place is a Mess
They excel in making everyone feel important. Lots of learning on the go. Work/life balance is important. Fun place to work. They care a lot about the environment, people and planet and its refreshing to see that from a large company.
Pros
cheap staff lunch
Cons
one location
By far one of the most compassionate companies. Has a great work/life balance. People are all kind and Respectful of one another. There are no hidden agendas by anyone. Entirely about common goals and initiatives. A real sense of team and fair opportunity. Can’t say enough good things about IKEA.
Training is sub par or non existent. No work/life balance. Always short workers so customers end up waiting longer and then you have to take their abuse at the end. Be prepared for just a 30 mins break for a 8.5 hour shift. When asked if I could go on my 15mins you got laughed at and told no. There is no structure and extremely disorganized If you don’t want chaos and stress then I suggest do not work for ikea
Pros
Free peak day lunchs
Cons
Everything with working for ikea
J’ai travailler dans le secteur textile & salle de bain. Autrement dit, le PLUS GROS département (4 en 1).C’est un bon emploi et il y a des avantages. Par contre, il y a beaucoup de choses à apprendre allant des rideaux/tapis jusqu’à comment faire des bannières (ça n’a pas rapport avec ton secteur).En ce qui concerne les bannières tu reçois une formation de 1h et ils s’attendent à ce que tu ai tout compris d’un coup.Bref, leurs standards sont trop élevéset ils te laissent moins de 3 mois pour faire tes preuves.
Pros
Avantages: repas gratuits en été lors des journées d’achalandage
Cons
Les employés plus âgés sont bêtes et n’aident pas assez les nouveaux
Favoritisme Injustice Gamique Mensonges Belles promesses jamais tennue Il y a des cliques entres les chefs de services. Les autres employés sont considérés comme des simples personne sans intérests
Pros
Quand tu dépunch de ta journée
Cons
Toute.
IKEA is a good place to start with loads of learning opportunities and growth environment.The work culture is good, with helpful and guiding team leads. The promotion to next level is good too.
Pros
Free breakfast, summer events, growth opportunities for changing in different departments
Cons
Travelling time and management of stm services to reach office
5 jrs par semaine Certificat de l'économie fondamentale spécialisée monnaie finance Banque Cohésion
Pros
Attiré l'objectif qui va fixé
Cons
Les produits a un prix faible
It was great to work in ikea . I learned so many thing from there .Mostly I love my HR team they are so positive and hardworking. They help me to develop my skill as a sale associate.
Good pay for part time work. Terrible pay for middle managers. Massive pay for top managers. Middle managers somehow expected to have work life balance while dealing with entitled top managers and working weekends and evenings.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
evenings and weekends
A family place where respect plays big part of it no tension environment place to grow with experiences challenges as sky is the limit but all depends on your performance
Lied to during interview about work life balance. Extremely stressful place to work with no support. Managers have to do duty shifts along with their full time jobs so can expect to work an extraordinary number of hours per week.
I worked in self-serve warehouse (sales). The tasks are fairly simple, yet very repetitive. The job can be very demanding and exhausting, especially on peak sales days. You are constantly on your feet moving around and lifting boxes, as well as helping customers find their desired products. Teamwork is essential in order to keep everything under control, so you must be able to communicate and work well with others. From working over a year in this department, I learned a lot about time management, working under pressure and being dependable for my team. It was an extremely valuable experience. The management in self-serve is amazing. Extremely reasonable, compassionate and flexible with hours (which is very helpful for students). The employees (throughout the whole store) are overall genuinely nice and hard-working. IKEA is a great company to work for because they truly care about their employees. No matter which department you apply for, it is definitely worth putting in an application.
Pros
Clean & modern staff quarters, great management, great people, great benefits, employee discount, flexible scheduling
Cons
Long hours, constant movement, repetitive and exhausting tasks, stressful.
I am a former IKEA coworker who has been in the company just over 10 years. I've worked as a cashier and sales (market hall & showroom). Over the years, I've seen the stages of changes. And I must say, unfortunately, the spirit of the store is going lower and lower. At the beginning of my IKEA journey, the management has been great - they were understanding and somewhat informative. The store keeps you up to date how the store is. But being as a cashier 4 years, due to retail environment, it was difficult to have a work-life balance. But one thing I must say is the cash dept is really close to one and another. The cashier family culture was top notch - i miss that dearly. For the rest of the years as sales, you learn a lot of skills such as how behind the scene is, how to deal with customer situations - the people skills. Sales coworkers who are on the floor with other depts are mostly good and very helpful to one another. Unfortunately, managements are favoritism. I was given hopes to advancement within the dept, but none has happened over the year; hence, more and more coworkers has left the company. As such, my motivation to work has declined more and more over the years. I would say overall, it is a great company to start - great benefits, great people, great food. IKEA is a great stepping stone to start your job as retail and may branch off to somewhere else (IKEA looks great on resume). But in a long run, I would say current management has a lot of damage control to take care of... All in all, customers/friends asked me why did I stayed at IKEA for so long, - more...
Pros
$4 lunch, great people, great benefit
Cons
no work-life balance, management needs to be improved
People are very supportive and helpful towards each other. Hours are flexibile. You don’t have to hesitate asking questions to your team leader. Everyone works efficiently.
  1. Employee reviews