Ikea Employee Reviews

Found 378 reviews matching the search See all 5,780 reviews
Fun place to work
smaland employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2019
Ikea was a great place to work overall. I really liked my job there as I was watching kids while parents shopped. Sometimes it was a little chaotic at times like spring and summer break. But it made the day go by fast as it was very busy.

I was also able to pick up shifts in other departments to get more hours if I was short which was really nice.\

My coworkers were all very friendly and easy to get along with which made the job much more enjoyable.
Pros
Huge break room where you can buy lunch
Good Starter Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 February 2019
Great Place to work around school or another job. Unionized with great health and pension benefits. Management alright. Has its ups and down. Lots of place for growth and advancement within the retail company. Lots of great opportunities locally and abroad
Busy
Carts (Former Employee) –  Deerfoot meadows4 February 2019
This company is very promising and they are very personable, I played a big role in the store and it sucks to leave because I really could have gotten to see myself grow more within the company. I think the management at ikea are staying there forever though and management work less hard than you do.
Incompetent managers, rude , favoritism
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 January 2019
Managers are no help they hide when its busy which is always!EXTREMELY UNDERSTAFFED! that year we had the worst manager and co worker turnover rate in Canada. Working in IF (IKEA food) was terrible. Hostile work environment. Always eyes watching you. Arent even aloud to have a work conversation. No way your moving up. Once your there you stuck there because so many of us quit. Gota have a certain "personality" to work at IKEA and they told me that in training on my first day.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Manegers, understaffed
IKEA North York
Recovery coworker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2019
A great company and team filled with values makes for a wonderful and lenient working environment for part time and full time workers. Very easy to get comfortable and enjoyed my years working here.
Decent place to work part time.
Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 January 2019
Good for part-time work, can feel like sort of a prison when working there many hours during the week. Standing and helping customers is fine, but shifts are way too long to be constantly standing.
Pros
Good work culture, Friendly environment, OK staff lunch.
Cons
Long hours of pointless standing, Some Micro management.
Fun and welcoming place to work in
Sales Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2019
A typical day at Ikea begins with welcoming smiles from management and coworkers. Coworkers are properly trained and necessary equipment is readily available for use. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers. But working with interesting and like-minded individuals makes the hard work worth it.
the best place to work
Chef d'équipe de production (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 January 2019
I love my experience in ikea I recommend to work there if you like to have opportunities this is the right place for you just be patient the first years after that is great
OK for a while
Full-time Coworker (Former Employee) –  BC14 January 2019
OK for a while
Everyone is overworked
Severely, chronically understaffed
Poor management and opaque communication
Salary below average
Stores are starting to implement failed US changes to Canada
Pros
Lots of opportunity for growth if you take initiative
Cons
poor work-life balance for full-timers
Amazing company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 January 2019
Great work environment, awesome staff, like a second family. Excellent benefits, profit sharing after 3 years, bonuses and Xmas gift every year. The management is good with room for advancement, lots of training available, always up to date. Many social programs and charity work to get involved in. Annual semi formal Christmas parties and an annual summer party. Staff discount of 15% plus staff charge will allow you to buy stuff while they take a very small portion off each pay until it’s paid off. RRSP program available too. So many benefits I can’t list them all. The downsides are working sporadic shifts, almost every weekend, you could close then have to open the next day, happens often. It’s very very busy every weekend and everyday in the summer. If heavy crowds bother you, this wouldn’t be for you. The pay was competitive for retail but not since the minimum wage went up. It’s a lot of work for minimum wage, very heavy workloads and can get stressful with the amount of customers but with all the added benefits, it’s almost worth it. I don’t work there anymore but I would work there again and I would recommend.
Pros
Fun, great staff, tons of benefits, $4 staff meals
Cons
Working every weekend, irregular hours, low pay
Fun
Customer Service & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON10 January 2019
Productive work place. Learned everything I know to date
great culture and great people.The most enjoyable part of this job is leaving with all the experience learned.
It was a great place to work
BC, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 January 2019
Loved working there, the staff are very helpful, when it’s busy the managers come to the cash and help the customers too, they give a Canadian artist gift at Xmas time as well as pay for the party. They do a launch party for the staff before the products hit the store so they know what they are
Pros
Lunch in the staff room
Way too much work
Workspaces Coworker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2019
IKEA never staffs the store properly, so you'll always be bogged down with work, and managers will get angry if you don't get it all done on time. Do not recommend.
Forward thinking company
the sales floor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 December 2018
Not union but great pay and a great place for advancement. The company is run very tightly, always trying to advance their experience for the customer and cost effective for the company,.
Good People to work with, hard to advance
Sales Co-Worker/Super Seller (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 December 2018
Had an amazing time working with awesome colleagues, learned a lot during my tenure at IKEA, but the opportunity to advance was hard and felt like it was dependent on whether management favored you or not.
ambiance de travail
Directrice adjointe du service alimentaire (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC6 December 2018
Ikea est une super compagnie...elle prend soin de ses employés et les gratifie généreusement.
Great for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC4 December 2018
This job is great for students, flexible hours, great benefits, they let you learn a lot. If you have an issue though do not expect management to do anything to help. It is a big company, they do not have time for you, HR is included in that. They have so much to do that they don't have time to help employees. Advancement opportunities can be there, but if you do not want to be a department manager, you must be willing to relocate.
Pros
Staff Cafeteria, benefits, flexible hours
Cons
management, advancement, opportunities
Hard job
Deliveryman (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 November 2018
It's very hard to work there, and salary very low. very hard because you have to work not intelectually , you have to work physically, and after you'll have problems with the back , arms, e.t.c..
Take your kids to work day
take your kids to work day (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 November 2018
IKEA is a great place to work. My mom works there and the pay in the best. If I was to work there I would want to work as long as I could. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Great company
Busy, but fun workplace
Restaurant Line Cook, Vaughn Ontario (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 November 2018
A typical day at Ikea is fairly busy, busiest times are lunch. afternoon going into the evening. The culture is great, everyone accepts everyone, and we all work together as a team to get the job done. The management is great and they are always on top of things, hardest thing to deal with for them and also us co workers are sick calls just because it can get so busy. Everyone there is laid back, and just simply coming to work is the best because of the people you work with. At Ikea, everyone is a friend and not just a co worker. The environment is always a good vibe.
Pros
All staff meals are $4.00. Ikea covers health, insurance etc.
Cons
Can get too busy and you feel like everyone is being overworked, especially with not enough staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ikea. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K