IISD

IISD Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
I learned some advanced communications skills, as well as enhanced my ability to conduct social media marketing. Each day was dynamic, the other staff members were lovely, and the culture is genuine.
Good culture and staff. Quality of work is good and medium paced.
Very good location and flexible work timings.

Vision and Mission of the board is the best part.
Great place to work with opportunities to get involved in many different projects, Culture is suportive, respectfull and inclusive. There are lot of opportunities for personal growth
Pros
social interaction
Cons
issues with ecology
Excellent environment with supportive team and high standard for work. For people who like to excel and take on important goals, IISD is an ideal step in your career. International scale of work and relevance to society are both appreciated.
Pros
Exciting work, great colleagues
Cons
Pay is on the non-profit scale
Great opportunities provided to staff to learn and develop at both jr/sr levels through various responsibilities in role and through the training fund.

Learning a lot, lots of trust put into employees, opportunity to give feedback and make improvements.

Takes time to understand all the moving parts/teams at IISD but that's going to happen at any international office.
Pros
Flextime, good benefits, nice staff, hard workers, international work
A professional environment with people-oriented workplace culture. Learnt cost analysis, Account payable and receivable. The first day was a bit hard
Pros
free coffee
Cons
I enjoy working at this company cause it enhance my skills specially in accounting field, like reconciling accounts, making check for different mode of payments, batching invoice to purchase orders, and most of our office mate are friendly, since I finished my term here I'm very much happy to work with this company.
Pros
sometimes free snack
Cons
lots of benefits