Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from IHOP:

IHOP Management reviews

Canada127 reviews
Really enjoyed working at Ihop. Other then my occasional blunders and brain farts that got you in more trouble then small stuff should have was pretty good place to work at. Management could be a bit rough and rude when it was not called for. Other then that had wonderful guests. Lunch rush on weekends could be a bit overwhelming.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I worked as a host and I thought my job would be taking payment, setting tables, and seating people. You also clean tables, get drink orders, you clean the restaurant such as sweeping, taking out garbages and clean bathrooms all while still trying to manage greeting and seating. In times when it is not busy you do not get to relax manager watches you, makes you clean literally walls or doors. Your also paid minimum wage for all this.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Pay you little. Little room to advance. Stressful. Management watches you at all times.
The kitchen manager was so dirty amd a kiss **- their people works hard but they dont pay you enough. No benefits too. Stay away from this company, they will only use you but won’t appreciate your hard work.
I don’t suggest people to work there the general manager is a very bad person the kitchen manager the same .they are from India Nd Pakistan they give hours just to people from their countries ,
It was whatever to be honest. The manager was alright and so was the owner. I didnt think much of the place. Just do work and get out. Thats how it was for me
The IHOP where I worked was great...The people ,management, and the environment itself..I learned alot from Dmo,prep, cooking,as well as shipping and handling when it came to checking in store trucks using the fifo method when arranging oldand new product.managment gave you opportunity to grow and advance.great place I will definitely miss everyone there
Awful management, who are not familiar with the Employment Standards act or Workers Rights.
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

They didn't let staff take breaks. Would yell at staff for drinking water.

Long shifts no breaks or lunches. Wrongful Dismissal of multiple staff, Horrible company.
Skip this place. Unless you wanna tip out more than your paycheck. Rude tourists. Added a tourist tax that everyone complained about. No clean glassware....would run out of stock constantly. It was gross.
Pros
Zero pros
Cons
Every single thing
I had the misfortune of working for the Burnaby location as my first job, so I wasn't aware of my rights or what was considered as acceptable. The managers are unnecessarily hostile towards both their employers and their customers over the littlest things, which adds even more stress to an already fast-paced environment. Due to the obsessive nature of the managers checking the security cameras for no reason, it was pretty common for them to call the store so you could get yelled at for simply idling during night shift, speaking to a coworker or quickly checking your phone if there was nothing else to do. Sometimes they'd flat out refuse to give you legally required breaks if it was "too busy," despite having enough manpower to easily get someone else to cover you.

For the kitchen staff, I'm not sure if it's still like this, but the workers were also often aggressive for no reason to the point where some could see it as workplace bullying. Seeing questionable food practices, such as not using disposable gloves for food and instead grabbing it with a bare hand, was a daily sight. My coworker was forced to dig out peanut butter and jelly packets out of the trash can because they "weren't opened yet," despite being covered in all sorts of juice and dish residue, so that they could be sprayed and served to the customers. Absolutely disgusting.

For the love of god, do yourself a favour and work anywhere else but here.
Pros
Free lunch during breaks, assuming you don't mind the risk of contamination
Cons
Literally everything else
I worked for 2 weeks at I HOP. I called in sick the day before because I was extremely ill, the manager told me to rest up and not too worry about it. Next day I get a call from the same manager explaining that I skipped my shift and I'm now fired. I don't reccomend this job to anyone. Co workers were nice for the most part, but with the management, you're screwed.
Pros
The only pro was that it was more than minimum wage
Cons
Horrible management, breaks aren't paid for, extremely disorganized
it was very good I went to school and took buissness management and that's why I quilt my job and it was a very good experanced for me
Pros
ii moved on from my job
Cons
i liked my job and but i had a chance to go to school
Always a busy work place with lots of encouragement and support in each steps
Great and always supportive management
Always love to work where your team is supportive and enthusiastic
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
8 hours
Very professional atmosphere and management. Faced paced breakfast environment but very quiet in the evenings. Family friendly and easy going relaxed place.
IHOP was relatively enjoyable place to work at as fellow employees were willing to help when needed, and were always welcoming. Although often at times when it got busy and we were unorganized and not prepared for the task, we as a unit stuck together in order to get the job done. For me personally the best part of the job was the friendships I made with management, and fellow staff members.
Pros
40% off all meals for employees
Cons
Management does schedule a month before. Hard to find someone to take your shift. Mornings are so busy so you do things that are not part of your job.
the work place here is not like any other I have worked in they are very gossip driven and play favorites. This is a known fact about this business. other then that as a serving job it was amazing the guest are always great and the wage was fair with getting tips
Pros
50% off food while on shift
Cons
The job I did sucked but the people who worked their with me were very nice people the hours were good and management was very fair and accepting of anything you might need
Pros
Discount food, friendly environment and well maintained
Cons
The work I did was kind of tedious but still worth it
Terrible management. Little to no room for raises, I worked there for eight months and had to ask for a raise twice. Started at 12$ left and 12$. Cheap management, gets mad at you for eating food that is going to throw out.
Cons
hard working staff that make sure customers leave with the best experience they can have
the food quality is good and supervisors and managers and owners care about their staff
I was apart of the team when they were just opening up, so confusion and disorganization were to be expected, but not to the extent that it happened. I was part time, but asked to work 40 hours a week, while maintaining a full time University workload. Along with that they would change your shift times frequently and were not great at communicating. Management lacked leadership abilities. The coworkers were amazing, and made it doable.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management; Organization; Communication
Very nice environment and excellent management great team work. I loved to work there as it always provides quality food and workers always follows rules and regulations.