IHOP Employee Reviews

IHOP was a good job to develop customer service skills. You get different customers every time so it's something new and not boring. I got good steady hours and was able to book the days off that I needed to with no troubles. It was hard to work with some of the servers at times, I felt disrespected a bit but when I pushed it to the side and focused on my job it didn't get to me. The part I loved most was getting to interact with different customers and have a good conversation with them.
Pros
Tips
I enjoyed working with the cooks and the chef, the boss. learned new things, prep cook, was enjoyable. I did enjoy working with the servers and helped
Pros
there where free meals, and discounts on the food.
Cons
the hours where good, not long ones
Overall a really awesome place to work! Super friendly staff and amazing management. They're always patient and willing to help you learn. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this place!
Pros
Amazing training and management team!
Cons
None!
I love working here. The management is great and if they need to speak to you about any critical areas of improvement they do it in a polite manner without yelling or seeming scary.
Pros
management
Cons
no breaks sometimes
I started as a front desk attendant the promoted to a server . had great experience on meeting and serving new people everyday. loved the place and highly recommended
I worked as a host and I thought my job would be taking payment, setting tables, and seating people. You also clean tables, get drink orders, you clean the restaurant such as sweeping, taking out garbages and clean bathrooms all while still trying to manage greeting and seating. In times when it is not busy you do not get to relax manager watches you, makes you clean literally walls or doors. Your also paid minimum wage for all this.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Pay you little. Little room to advance. Stressful. Management watches you at all times.
IHOP during the slower periods of the year can be a smooth, fun-filled experience. Come the busier periods of the years, and every weekend, it can and will be an extremely stressful place to work. You need a thick, and I mean thick, shell to not be bothered by it all. I will say it's best to stay on everyone's good side.
Very stressful job at times. Long hours on your feet. Takes a special kind of person to put up with rude customers and not always getting upset but when you are a server you have to.
The kitchen manager was so dirty amd a kiss **- their people works hard but they dont pay you enough. No benefits too. Stay away from this company, they will only use you but won’t appreciate your hard work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IHOP?
worked there for 8 months when i got tips it was little or none and did not valence out with other hosts even when i worked much more than them. Managers were not very understanding
Typical day are mornings slow then there is a rush at 11 am to 1pm. But when weekends Super busy starts at 9 am to 3 pm. Sometime you can't get a break. Managers are very good they help you if you need it, they listen to your concerns and they are so friendly so do not be afraid. Its fun envirorment but like I said sometimes there is a sacrifice like OT! NO FREE FOOD BTW only drinks but not juices or milkshakes.
I don’t suggest people to work there the general manager is a very bad person the kitchen manager the same .they are from India Nd Pakistan they give hours just to people from their countries ,
Working for a franchise you learn the benefits of consistency and how that relates to quality. Fast paced, great work environment with a fantastic core group of long term employees
It was whatever to be honest. The manager was alright and so was the owner. I didnt think much of the place. Just do work and get out. Thats how it was for me
The IHOP where I worked was great...The people ,management, and the environment itself..I learned alot from Dmo,prep, cooking,as well as shipping and handling when it came to checking in store trucks using the fifo method when arranging oldand new product.managment gave you opportunity to grow and advance.great place I will definitely miss everyone there
it was really fast paste i was constantly on my feet moving fun work environment everyone is really easy to get along with super friendly place to be in.
Really enjoyed working at Ihop. Other then my occasional blunders and brain farts that got you in more trouble then small stuff should have was pretty good place to work at. Management could be a bit rough and rude when it was not called for. Other then that had wonderful guests. Lunch rush on weekends could be a bit overwhelming.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I went in for a spontaneous interview, the first question the manager asks me even before I sat down was, "where are you from? China?" Which immediately raised some red flags for me. When I told him I was from Vancouver, he proceeded to say "So you recently moved from China to here?" At the time I did not know what to say so I corrected him saying that I was born and raised in Vancouver. The second question after that infuriated me as he asked where my parents were from and then gave an example Hong Kong or China. So I answered again. After those two questions he did not even bother asking about my past experiences. The two questions about my race were the only ones asked in this interview. What does my race have to do with working there? This was the most informal interview ever. I would not recommend even going to an interview here, by the way he talked to me and the questions he asked, no one deserves to work in an ill-managed work place like this one. They should be thankful I didn't sue, because it's actually illegal to ask about someone's race during a job interview.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Awful management, who are not familiar with the Employment Standards act or Workers Rights. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. They didn't let staff take breaks. Would yell at staff for drinking water. Long shifts no breaks or lunches. Wrongful Dismissal of multiple staff, Horrible company.
Skip this place. Unless you wanna tip out more than your paycheck. Rude tourists. Added a tourist tax that everyone complained about. No clean glassware....would run out of stock constantly. It was gross.
Pros
Zero pros
Cons
Every single thing
Good money, have to work weekends. workers are nice. bright, tips are good. Overall good environment. I enjoyed it there, just sucks working every saturday and sunday
  1. Employee reviews