IHOP Employee Reviews

Found 108 reviews matching the search See all 7,779 reviews
Happy work enviornment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  calgaary4 May 2019
enjoyable to work with. friendly staff, learned a lot of things. Worked as a cook. lots of growth potential in the business. Enjoyable to work enviornment.
Ridiculous management
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2019
I worked for 2 weeks at I HOP. I called in sick the day before because I was extremely ill, the manager told me to rest up and not too worry about it. Next day I get a call from the same manager explaining that I skipped my shift and I'm now fired. I don't reccomend this job to anyone. Co workers were nice for the most part, but with the management, you're screwed.
Pros
The only pro was that it was more than minimum wage
Cons
Horrible management, breaks aren't paid for, extremely disorganized
very good
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 February 2019
it was very good I went to school and took buissness management and that's why I quilt my job and it was a very good experanced for me
Pros
ii moved on from my job
Cons
i liked my job and but i had a chance to go to school
meh
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 November 2018
over all full of fun loving staff like a family just welcoms u and a great first job for anyone a typical day of work is bussy usally in the morning and lunch but slows down around dinner
great place to work
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2018
Its great place to work where you can balance the family and professional life. The operation is focused on breakfast and lunch. so you neber work late night or over night shifts.
competent people
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 October 2018
Pros
50% off on employee meals (during work hours UwU)
Cons
owners at the time were incompetent
Positive Workplace
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 September 2018
Overall my time at IHop was a decent experience. Everyone is really friendly and positive and it's always fun working with everyone. If you're a student this might be a good job to work at as the hours as pretty short. I start at 5pm and end at 9pm as a dishwasher which will give me time to study when I get home and get plenty of sleep. Kitchen isn't as stressful as other restaurants like cactus club or any other high end restaurants.
Pros
positive staff
Cons
shifts are not flexible
productive work place great people.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 September 2018
working at Ihop is great you get to show your strengths and improve on your weaknesses and everyone is very helpful and cheerful. the hardest part of the job would be when we get super busy it gets pretty stressful in the kitchen but the other cooks are very helpful and make it easier.
Employee Oriented Work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2018
Always a busy work place with lots of encouragement and support in each steps
Great and always supportive management
Always love to work where your team is supportive and enthusiastic
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
8 hours
Fast paced
SERVER/HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 September 2018
Very professional atmosphere and management. Faced paced breakfast environment but very quiet in the evenings. Family friendly and easy going relaxed place.
You can't win them all
Crew Chief (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB20 July 2018
Honestly, you will probably love 98% of the people that work there but it's not going to keep you from leaving in the near future unless money isn't an issue for you. They overwork and underpay you. Not a good combo
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
No social life
Fun and learning company
Commi 1 (Current Employee) –  Ash Sharqīyah18 July 2018
I love the work and its very easy to learner every thing, the food is good aldo the ambiance of the restaurant is nice. Being a cook your should always work fast so your can give the order in exact time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Productive however not well organized, pleasant employees that helped make the job easier
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON13 July 2018
IHOP was relatively enjoyable place to work at as fellow employees were willing to help when needed, and were always welcoming. Although often at times when it got busy and we were unorganized and not prepared for the task, we as a unit stuck together in order to get the job done. For me personally the best part of the job was the friendships I made with management, and fellow staff members.
Pros
40% off all meals for employees
Kinda okay to work in
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2018
Management does schedule a month before. Hard to find someone to take your shift. Mornings are so busy so you do things that are not part of your job.
Poor Work Environment
Hostess/Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 May 2018
its unfortunate to say that although my relationships with other workers was great, the owners were extremely unpleasant. They are brothers with a hunger for money.. raising prices, making extra fees "mandatory".. which to them doesnt seem like a big deal.. but to the servers who had to deal with the repercussions- angry guests, loss in tips (which we still pay out a big percentage on).. it was a big deal. Theres too much to write- on them alone. My favourite is that fact that an enormous chunk of our tips that we pay out... the hostesses only get a tiny amount, the cooks get more but still less than what they deserve... and the managers (including the owners) get the biggest undeserved cut... i was a hostess/cashier/server so i was seeing the daily amount of tip outs that were being dropped into the safe (because i counted it). There is so much potential growth available for this place that we'll unfortunately never see due to these factors.
Pros
co workers
Cons
long hours, disorganized scheduling, tip stealing
Difficult
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 May 2018
the work place here is not like any other I have worked in they are very gossip driven and play favorites. This is a known fact about this business. other then that as a serving job it was amazing the guest are always great and the wage was fair with getting tips
Pros
50% off food while on shift
Cons
productive and keeps one busy at all times.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2018
despite being a fast paced environment on certain days, it is easy to find balance in keeping all customers happy and being patient with very rude customers.
Pros
free food during breaks
Cons
dealing with rude customers on busy days
varied
Crew Chief and Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2018
Varied hours and shifts. you get half priced meals on shitfts, twenty percent off shift can never book weekends off. Not a good balance for activities with life but a good place to work.
Cons
no weekends off unless dead
fun work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON13 April 2018
its very busy as it is a famous breakfast place for U. S. and Canadian people. night shift is the most enjoyable part as it bring you a surprise hat how busy we will be.
Friendly co workers, hard work and good hours
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 April 2018
The job I did sucked but the people who worked their with me were very nice people the hours were good and management was very fair and accepting of anything you might need
Pros
Discount food, friendly environment and well maintained
Cons
The work I did was kind of tedious but still worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHOP. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K