IGT Employee Reviews

As a Senior Admin, my job was Interesting and very rewarding. Booking global travel was a large part of my duties, working with Concur Solutions. other duties included reception to general public
I first attended this job through an agency working as a warhouse associate. I WISH i was hired on to the company, one of the best places i ever worked in my life. Everyone was great, i loved my job, and i left for the only reason of money. The agency i was working with was not paying me enough to keep up with bills. Now i am working a job where no one appreciates the work i do and everyone treats you horrible. I wish i can get this job back
Cons
Overall if they fired the Lazy and hired people willing to do the bare minimum that we do on a daily basis, this workplace will be amazing. The employees will drive you nuts.
Pros
Easy work, free food every so often
Cons
Lazy co-workers, Unorganized and Small amount of employees
IGT is a good atmosphere to work. All managers and employees are really friendly. But, if you are a hard worker and want to make your career growth fast, this place is not yours.
I was told I was a contract to hire...we got bought out by another company and I was put on one of the hardest projects we had first day with a overseas team. Some people get easy projects and can coast. Some get pounded based on their background.....You never know.
Pros
easy job
Cons
nobody knows whats going on.
Poor management, poor or no training, you are supposed to know everything and supervisors does not like question. Supervisors are not helpful and are mean. I would never recommend working in the company. Manager does not know what is going on in the department.
Pros
Cons
Chaos, unorganized, poor benefits and payment, poor leadership and poor compensation
Working at IGT has provided me with flexibility skills that reinforced my previous abilities, on a weekly basis I had to adapt to new promotions being ran by PlayOLG, then we had to maintain the standards previously set. New technologies were introduced. therefore it was a must that we adapt to using new software and had to make sure that our customers understood how to operate the slot machines, online, and on their mobile devices as well. Working at a night shift while at IGT was a bit challenging for me, but after doing the job for a couple of months, I would say I was able to manage the situation accordingly.
Interesting, relaxed environment to work in, unfortunately since the merge the culture has become uneasy due to layoff etc.
Pros
Relaxed environment, free coffee
Cons
Poor Managemnet, poor leadership
I always enjoyed my days at IGT. Testing various products for different jurisdictions provided new challenges. New technologies were developed in-house and made for very exciting work.
like the company and would like to offer my services again and try to gain knowledge of new technologies.Enjoyed working at gtech because I was able to learn more new technologies and also the staff is very helpful.
I thoroughly enjoyed working at IGT because of the domain and the people I worked with. This is the company I would prefer returning to.
Arranged for the delivery of video lottery terminals to venues all over the globe. Busy environment with due dates and secured trucks and providing the correct paperwork to Customs.
Pros
Great people to work with and multiple benefits.
This company is absolutely awful. From the deceptive human resources that will tell you anything when recruiting to the inept management more focused on furthering their own status than working to get things done. The technology used for intranet portals is ancient. The company claims it is on the cutting edge of innovation but after working there it was apparent that was not the case. The only redeeming quality was the on site cafeteria. Be careful if accepting a job here. You should know that they have just gone through a merger and new hires are not safe from random layoffs.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
Everything else
This company claims to be leading edge but any one who has worked here knows the truth. Hardware and software used in development and HR is embarrassingly out of date. Management are so process oriented that they propagate redudancy and inefficiency through their decisions. Most managers have never worked any where else and have no idea what the industry is really like outside their small office. Moral is generally low or even worse apathetic. Compensation is largely based on favoritism as their is no clear method laid out by HR or management for measuring performance. Working harder will not guarantee a raise. Overall one of the worst experiences I have had as an employee.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Everything else
production and assembling the challenge that i enjoy and working as a team with a nice gym facilities also qualitie assurance of the product to make sure the product is a 100% in working and has a full assembly completed and also the funtion is a 100% in running order with the testing of the units . thank you
Pros
lunches for staying overtime
Cons
its relocating
IGT is an international gaming company that specialises in developing and testing software for various markets around the world. They were bought out by GTECH Canada in March.
• Composes and prepares correspondence, invoices, reports, presentations, prepares minutes, and maintains appropriate files. • Purchase materials, services and equipment at the request of the project personnel, generate purchase orders and enter data into accounting system. • Follow up on client inquiries and complaints. • Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, short listing, interviewing and selecting candidates. • Administering payroll , maintain the personal records of employees on matters such as wages, superannuation, leave and training, and prepare associated management reports. • Assist employees on work matters, career development, personal problems and industrial matters. • Writing staff handbooks
I moved my entire family from Calgary to Toronto for a Team Lead job with GTECH. Upon arriving, I was told it was a startup project that I was getting into, and that it hadn't actually started yet. Sat in training for 4 months (Actual training was about 3 weeks, we just sat around doing nothing most of the time) Was then let go because I was "unsuitable" , no reason or explanation given. Had to sell my house in caglary, left all my family and friends and spent over 10,000 on relocation (No relocation expenses offered) Inept management, has no idea how to run a call center, shady HR - Will tell you whatever they can , and then drop you on your head.
Cons
Overtime was expected and not paid for.
I have worked as a QA Analyst II in SPIELO - A GTECH Company 2011-2012. Very nice people and work environments and lots of technical things to learn. People are very helpful and gives lots of rooms to learn new people. This is best company to work in Canada.
Pros
On site Canteen and great environments
Cons
Nothing so far....