IGLOO Software Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Poor Management
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 June 2016
Igloo Software is a company with a lot of great people, a nice company culture and a really nice workspace. Unfortunately my experience there did not match my initial impression. My tenure was very short - almost 4 weeks. I took the job with the knowledge that while i was a little over-qualified for the position, that they were a fast growing company with a great reputation for culture and opportunities to grow into something else down the line.

Unfortunately I got off to a poor start, as my first day coincided with the first day of a protracted bout of strep throat that would last 10 days and survive 2 prescriptions of antibiotics. I did the best I could for the first week and a half under an antibiotic/advil cold and sinus induced. And while I probably appreciated not being pushed terribly hard that first week under the conditions, it was a little disturbing that there was no one actually directing me or training me for the entire week. I had a lot of time on my hands. I asked my coworkers questions to figure stuff out, and they were great, but they were busy doing their own work.

I did what was asked of me, which was to skin web sites. The people on my team were very helpful about teaching me the tools they use, and their workflow. By week 4 i was finally fully integrated and healthy.

Then I got told my services were no longer needed for what was termed "fit and role". I worked through strep throat that had lasted almost half my time with the company! What upset me most though was that I was not told once that there were things I might have been doing wrong or
  more... that the job I was doing was not good enough. I understand the employers right to let you go within the probationary period but I believe there should be an honest effort to help the employee succeed. And that starts with feedback and training, neither of which I received.  less
Pros
Nice friendly employees, Excellent facilities, Lunch provided regularly
Cons
You will have to fend for yourself during onboarding, It's a fight to get re-imbursed for things
Good experience
N/A (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 February 2016
Igloo has great people and strive to create a fun work culture.

If you apply yourself you have the chance to really make a difference and grow in ways you wouldn't be able to in a larger company.

The intranet platform (their product) is like walking into a poorly constructed house. Most of that is covered up with custom css and JavaScript.

Investors are driving the direction of the company. They don't care about making a good product, they care more about sales.

This company probably won't be around in 5 years. It will probably be sold for their client base, not their platform.
Start-up
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario6 August 2015
Good starter job. Good company culture. Beer Fridays. Flexible. Fun. There was a high level of turnover. Co-workers were nice.
Great People
N/A (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 July 2013
I very much enjoyed the atmosphere of working at Igloo although because it's a company still growing you can't expect a lot of benefits from working there.

If you do take on a position with this company you will have to work hard and sometimes take on multiple roles.

The people that work at Igloo are amazing and, in my opinion, made the company enjoyable to work for.
Pros
social committee, good people, flexible hours, located downtown, close to Goodlife gym
Cons
horrible communication, continual failure to meet deadlines