Igloo Food Equipment

Igloo Food Equipment Employee Reviews

Nurturing, fun workplace with excellent renumeration potential
Good place to work, Great people. Nurturing environment. Perfect for a person oriented to customer service. Excellent remuneration potential for a self-starter who likes to meet interesting foodies and help them make their vision reality.
Very bat company
I worked there I saw first time very worst company in the world boss thing only many never think personal .Every bady only shows like work and spend waste time .They doesn’t have any frendly every one liars and fink if same bady work igloo star mental proplem Find another job.
Pros
Try find another company
Cons
Not professional company big but
Sad but true.
I have work at igloo for some time now and have never had any health and safety training or WIMS. I rarely do the job I was hired to do, but instead a lot of other jobs ie, clean the bathroom and equipment, build things, paint, drywall, and fix stuff. I am bored a lot of the time and have to look for things to do to pass the time. I do not enjoy working here.
Great place to work!
Igloo provides a great work culture. My team, in particular, helped me grow professionally and allowed me to further develop my skills.

Overall, there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout the company.
company with no organizational structure
One of the worst places to work for, money is good only if somebody walk in the door no traffic no walk in you have to advertise and do all the things buy yourself
Pros
Monday to Friday 9 to 5 only
Cons
No management
Productive work environment with a lot of potential customers
The commission system provides sales staff with opportunities to increase their pay cheque and make a decent living.
The receptionists and the rest of the supporting staff help you provide great service which results in high customer retention rate.

Additionally, The management help you find the right product based on the needs of the customer.

Also, the sales team work in a friendly environment.
Multicultural Working Environment
This is the first job I got in Canada after graduated from school and I like it!

This company respects different cultures. They hire sales from different backgrounds to better help customers by speaking their languages or understanding their food or cultures.

Co-workers are always helpful. The management knows how to encourage sales to work with each other cooperatively.

Now there are 3 locations and the owner is planing to open more. I feel more and more confident by working at a fast growing company.

Plus decent pay, great benefits and vacations.

I’ve been working here for 2 years now and I still feel happy every morning to start my work.
Pros
Comfortable working environment, helpful staff
Cons
Busy
Cold environment - Owners/Managers not your friends
I have been working at Igloo for quite some time now. I have seen numerous people come and go. Some stay for a few years and others a few weeks. Not the friendliest or warmest environment. The highest turnover is at the front desk and in the small-wares department. The employees in those roles tend to last about a year before they leave or get let go during an owners meltdown. When business is ok things are bearable. Now that they have three locations those days are few and far between. The sales department is favoured over the rest of the employees. They are considered assets while the others are liabilities since don’t bring customers or money in.
Pros
Cooking demos
Cons
Owners and managers
A very busy workplace at times, when short staffed or a large influx of customers
Currently working here for over few years, I would say that the owners are very ambitious, there are currently three locations...this company has grown since a couple of years ago...they keep customers happy by selling them equipment at a very competitive pricing..I like this job, because there is always something to do, lots of organizing in the warehouse, keeping it tidy...The hardest part of the job is sometimes multi tasking, when everything happens at once, phone calls, and a lot of customers on the floor...The most enjoyable part of the job is that it feels like you work within a family, as a team.
Pros
Free lunches, and snacks
Cons
Short staff
Good calm place to work
Friendly environment, fairly stable workforce,growing company, opened two new stores this year, owners are active in operation will work with you and the customer, employees are good bunch, helpful, "team" atmosphere, " keep the customer coming back' attitude from everyone. Company will go that extra mile to keep customer satisfied with purchase.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time, no belittling, you are treated like an adult.
Cons
Some days are a little too busy but that's the nature of the hospitality industry
Bad Owners/Management
Owners do not know how to manage the store and don’t know how to respect employees. Constant gossiping from ’older ladies’. People thinking they’re in charge of everything and everyone because management does not care about you. “If you don’t like it then leave” attitude. Examples of bad management: they made their marketer the Human Resources manager aswell. Just overall worst place to work. Do not come here if you have self respect. This place will tear you down, not by physical work but mentally and no advancement at all even though they promise it. Do not let them trick you.
Pros
Free food
Fun at times
Upper management and owners are not people orientated and disrespectfull to employees. They make it hard to keep motivated and to respect them as owners.
Pros
salary
Cons
owners
calm enviroment, but very bad managment
The company has a very laid back environment, which in my opinion led to very bad management decisions. No job security was guaranteed as they were always getting rid of people and hiring people for short periods of time.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
horrible management
Productive and fun workplace
Great people to work with! I learned a lot. Managers are awesome. They are very friendly and nice.
Typical Day
My day started at 9.30 am Monday through Friday. First thing in the morning I had to check for any messages, if there is any distribute among managers and sales team, check for deliveries, confirm with clients, update company clientele list. Throughout the day my responsibilities were answering phone calls, up to 7 lines, taking messages, customer service, process cash/debit/cheque/credit payments using Quickbooks, faxing, photocopying, sales, co-operating with warehouse and sales team, stocking company files, creating new files, updating company clientele list. By the end of the day, I had to make pick up and delivery paper for deliveries for the next day, make sure that client system is up to date, messages are all distributed among managers and sales team.