IGA Management reviews

Found 87 reviews matching the search See all 1,747 reviews
Just a summer job.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Catherine, QC1 November 2018
Packs people's groceries all day. Learned to become patient, you'd be surprised how people are sometimes. The management was fine, schedules were always clean and simple to follow. Make sure to ask at least a month prior to a day/week off for vacation. Hardest part is dealing with clients and their, sometimes, unrealistic demands.
Pros
Air conditioning
Cons
Poor salary, Dealing with clients.
It's ok , definitely wouldn't stay forever good first job
head chef, sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Sutton, QC5 June 2018
Management was poor , communication with manager was a struggle cause of how rude she was , it's an okay job not the best but not the worst , no benefits
Miss match hours even though I requested 40hrs a week
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Bad management
Sociable workplace
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  whistler1 May 2018
I enjoyed my time at IGA. It was a very sociable and fun job and I met a lot of people working here. It was easy to work my way up in positions and gain new responsibilities. However the management of the store was the hardest part of the job. Very intimidating and stressful when asking for a raise. Quick to point out mistakes and never thanked for doing a good job.
Pros
Meeting lots of new people, dealing with locals
Cons
Felt very replaceable, never thanked for doing a good job
A first job
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC7 August 2018
Very physical job that is frequently understaffed for very little pay. Management is haphazard at best but the hours are quite flexible. Good student job, poor career.
not very good
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Tofield, AB18 January 2019
I find this place is poorly ran
the management team is not helpful not very supportive
low class, hard place to work if you are not friends of theirs
not very reliable
Horrible
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 December 2018
The people running this place are crazy. I used to feel sick having to go into work while I was there and they mistreat most if not all of their staff.
Pros
There are literally none other than experience
Cons
Management is terrible
General workplace
Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB20 November 2018
My time at my local IGA was very enjoyable for the most part. Working there I was able to maintain a steady job and helped hone some of my skills while going through my later years of high school like time management to finish all my tasks in a given time. Our manager was quite good and tried to make sure the employees that showed results were rewarded and those who lacked were addressed and given steps to improve.
Productive workplace
Cashier and Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB3 February 2018
Not a bad place to work. Very enthusiastic management. Room for advancing. Lots of options to work in different departments. Flexible hours and paid benefits.
nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Côte-Saint-Luc, QC9 November 2018
the management should be equal in human rights
I experience some difficulty of making trust to people there
but its fun to work as a cashier because u get to talk with bunch of nice individuals
All one Team
Cake Desiger (Current Employee) –  Claresholm, AB17 October 2018
I have work for I.G.A for many years and have done many things, like. Deli to Cashier, Bakery and now cake Designer. A typical day would be coming in and looking over all produce dates. To insure that there are no out dated produce. If so throw out and remake new produce. Over the years I have Learned to draw pictures on cakes. Management keeps me informed on all new produce,s that are coming up. For most part, the work place over all., Is one team. We all help each out, when needed. It,s also a fun place to work as well. We all get along as one big family. The most enjoyable part of my job. Is making the customer happy.
Pros
Pizza, chicken wings at Christmas time.Mmmm
Cons
I can, t think of anything.
Staff
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 January 2018
Mostly friendly staff, management is great. Little pricey compared to other grocery stores. Work environment and store is very clean and organized. Low employee benefits.
It's your typical retail store
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Devon, AB5 December 2018
Working at IGA is just like working at any other grocery store or retail job. There's not a lot of positives apart from the regular customers you get to know quite well and the co-workers you become friends with. As with most retail stores, there is no credit where credit is due, and you're expected to do more than physically capable. It doesn't matter how hard you work, how many breaks you skip to get the work done, or how little you contribute and slack off, you're still treated like a number.
Terrible management
Shelves stocker (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB21 June 2018
All the managers are rude and expect you to do everything to absolute perfection and were often threatening employees with being fired. The only good side was being able to ocattionally socialize with other workers until they told us wed be fired if found talking to other coworkers often.
Pros
not many
Cons
terrible management
Bad Hours Good Management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 May 2018
The hours were long and hard but the management was very understanding and helpful while managing a work life balance. I was able to request one shift a week because of school and was granted that with a smile. Yet that one shift a week was a 2-10:30pm shift which takes up most of my day.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Bad Hours
It wasn't great.
Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 August 2018
Typical day consist of baking and re-stocking. They do not teach you anything about safety measures. Management was okay but didn't take much into consideration my work hours; example: put me on the schedule when they knew I had school and didn't give me enough hours. Couldn't speak English at all in the work place. Little to no diversity in employees. Hardest part: staying in the freezer for too long. Enjoyable part: baking and speaking to customers. But I think its different for every store.
Pros
freezer
Cons
customers
Good place to work at for a student
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 July 2018
I liked my experience as a staff member at iga, but i found that the pret a manger departement lacked of management skills and leadership. But it is a very flexible job if you are a student.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lack of management
Friendly Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Québec Province16 September 2018
People there are extremely friendly. They are willing to help out without any complaints. Managers are quite understanding as well. Only downside is my extremely poor hours.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No discounts
fun place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC8 April 2018
nice environment. Management is listening and helpful. but low chances of promotion. better place to work rather than working at food courts. pay is little more.
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 June 2018
Horrible work environment, completely unorganized, awful management from the top down. The worst work experience I have ever had, Don't work there if you can avoid it.
Very productive
Deli personnell (Former Employee) –  Thrre22 March 2018
Fast paced enviroment
Friendly staff
Clranliness.
Follow guide lines, safety precautions when handling meat slicer.
Management willing to help with orders for customers.
Pros
Outgoing stafg