IG Wealth Management

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

consultantfinancialinvestmentclientcommissionadvisorplanningprospect

nice boss and co worker

nice boss and co worker, good training programm, but all commission based , so it is hard for yong people to start with . becasue you don't have any saving to support yourself.

Pros

good traning program

Cons

no salary

Ne recommande pas

Environnement de travail stressant et chaotique , aucun intérêt pour le développement professionnel et l’épanouissement des nouveaux employés. De plus, environnement de travail malsain

Pros

Payant pour les conseillers déjà établis venant d’ailleurs

Cons

Tout le reste

Insights into IG Wealth Management

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great place to work if you don't need an income.

Negative paycheques.Good trainingExpensive costs just to go to work.Pay is below average.One is more of an employee than an independent contractor. It is not a good contract

Heavy workload

Employees at every job grade have too much to do and not enough time to do it. Taking vacation is stressful because your work has to wait until you get back as there isn’t enough staff to cross train and handle things in someone’s absence.

Pros

Good corporate community programs and investment

Cons

Heavy workloads, mediocre pay

Overall a decent company

This company has treated me well for the most part. Great medical/dental benefits with a perk of additional $$ towards your health spending account (I've never had a company treat me so well insurance wise). You learn a lot, you're challenged, and you're supported by your team and your manager.The downside I would say is that HR does what management says and they do not keep your comments private. So if you have an issue, expect them to give you away and air your dirty laundry.

Pros

insurance (medical/dental) + (health spending account)

Cons

HR service could be better, and upper management should be more accepting of feedback

The work isn't overly difficult, but the advisors are

When you work under the IG Wealth Management umbrella, you can expect that the work isn't challenging, but technology issues, advisors with egos, and low pay with no benefits or expensive benefits, will make life miserable.Because you don't work for IG Wealth itself, but work for the advisor, if they don't run their practice properly, you don't have any backup or support from the Company.It's kind of ironic that you will help people save for retirement and set up insurance plans, while not getting paid enough to do that for yourself...

Pros

Great Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives

Cons

You will be miserable when you can't pay your bills or afford health insurance

Wonderful place to work.

Wonderful place to work. Management always having contests for top producers and overall it was a fun place to work. Treated office staff with respect and it was the best job I ever had. I won a praise award for client servicing as the office was very busy during RSP season but always got treated with respect and kindness. Very professional atmosphere and will mentor you in a positive manner.

Pros

People

Cons

Long hours during RSP sseason

Formationexcellente

En ajustement vu les changements dans l’industrie-difficile pour un nouveau conseiller sans ´book.

Pros

Formation et ressources, plus d’outils

Cons

Difficile de developper de zéro avec les nouvelles structures de rémunération

No Salary commission based

I worked for IG for 3 full years on commission base. At the begining the income was good as commission start at 3.5% but went down every year by 0.5% at the end of my 3 years my commission was 0.5%

Pros

High commission when you start

Cons

Lots of office fees ending up by you owe money to IG

Disappointed

The management have no regard for employees , treat them as machines doing work as far as they serve their needs. Never dealt with such incompetent and inexperienced leadership. No focus on employee growth and training

Pros

Salary and benefits are market competitive

Cons

Management, leadership, work pressure, bad treatment

Excellent Career and Competitive company

I have been with IG now for over 15 years and have developed a fantastic client base. I work hard and have been rewarded by taking care of my clients. The compensation system is very fair and competitive. The products are very highly rated and they have negotiable fees. IG has become a very powerful company in the past years and have fantastic planning outcomes for clients. This has been an amazing career for me and my family.

Productive workplace

One has to build their own portfolio to succeed, again commission based may not be attractive for everyone, especially when trying to raise a family and you are the sole breadwinner.

Culture changed over the last 5 years

Initial experience at IG Wealth Management was very positive, and the first couple of years would have had much higher ratings. However the new CEO has brought change which has increased stress, reduced job security and has not improved the overall workplace atmosphere. As a place to learn, the experience was interesting and excellent, but that was mostly the people and those people are now all gone. To be fair, each department has its own microculture and others may be doing better. Base your estimations on the personality of your supervisor in the interview. Negotiate strongly for a high starting salary as increases after start are nearly impossible to acquire.

Work hard

Beware of local politics. Know that you can’t be everyone’s friend and work hard at utilizing the connections you can make. Very good pay, benefits and training done at a national level. Work hard and you will do well

Productive and fun work place with lots of celebrations

Each day is different at IG. Some days are stressful and some real easy going. Few months Jan-Mar are really busy being RRSP season. Staff is really friendly and supportive. Lots of paper work,Follow ups and deadlines. many potlucks and other celebrations keeps it live and enjoyable. All over a good place to work at. only the salary part is not so great. Low increments make you disappointed. .

Interesting workplace with friendly people

It's overall a good workplace but I work as an associate which means I earn most of my money by bonus (which means you have to look for your own customers to ask them give you their money to manage).

Overall great place to work!

The staff at IG are great people. This was a part-time administrative assistant position so the hourly pay was not what hoped for but the position fit for where I was personally at the time (family). No benefits received in this position. I worked 16 hours per week. No room for advancement unless looking for a complete job change as an Investment Advisor.

constantly changing

Since my return to IG I have experience the pay/compensation structure has changed each year since 2013 and pays less each year. 2020 will pay approximately 30% less for the same work results as 2019. eg) $100,000 mutual fund sales in 2013 would yield a $4500 commission and today it will yield a $1100 commission but in 2020 it will yield only $750.

Supportive leaders, friendly environment, a flexible work environment that encourages growth and room for loads of overtime. Benefits after one year of service.

Meh

It’s a typical commission job. It gives you the opportunity to make huge bank, however at the same time if you don’t work you don’t get paid. It’s not for everybody, sheep should not be working here.

Interesting job, good training

Nice trainings every week, picnic for employers, however , the very same tasks and pay depends on your direct employer -consultant. No benefits, no paid vaacations. A lot of new info and knwledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IG Wealth Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement