IG Wealth Management

IG Wealth Management Employee Reviews

Overall a decent company

This company has treated me well for the most part. Great medical/dental benefits with a perk of additional $$ towards your health spending account (I've never had a company treat me so well insurance wise). You learn a lot, you're challenged, and you're supported by your team and your manager.The downside I would say is that HR does what management says and they do not keep your comments private. So if you have an issue, expect them to give you away and air your dirty laundry.

Pros

insurance (medical/dental) + (health spending account)

Cons

HR service could be better, and upper management should be more accepting of feedback

Challenging. You decide your competence and culture

Rewarding experience. Management provides good leadership and professional development initiatives and encourage career growth. Flexible to decide work life balance.

Pros

Good guidance and professional development initiatives

Cons

Uncertain results- client calls/reach

The work isn't overly difficult, but the advisors are

When you work under the IG Wealth Management umbrella, you can expect that the work isn't challenging, but technology issues, advisors with egos, and low pay with no benefits or expensive benefits, will make life miserable.Because you don't work for IG Wealth itself, but work for the advisor, if they don't run their practice properly, you don't have any backup or support from the Company.It's kind of ironic that you will help people save for retirement and set up insurance plans, while not getting paid enough to do that for yourself...

Pros

Great Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives

Cons

You will be miserable when you can't pay your bills or afford health insurance

Wonderful place to work.

Wonderful place to work. Management always having contests for top producers and overall it was a fun place to work. Treated office staff with respect and it was the best job I ever had. I won a praise award for client servicing as the office was very busy during RSP season but always got treated with respect and kindness. Very professional atmosphere and will mentor you in a positive manner.

Pros

People

Cons

Long hours during RSP sseason

New Hire Beware!

To sum it up at IG: The entire business model is based on churning in new hires in order to sign on new accounts. Ex: friends and family of the new hire. Those are the first accounts for all new hires and once that drys up, mgmt pressures new hires to continue at that pace via any means, including cold calls etc! And for most all new hires, they don’t last 2 years at IG because of this. And when you leave, of course you leave your clients behind with other “selected few” senior IG representatives who now benefit from more free clients (cash under management) and associated commissions of any future business with said new clients or their referrals!

Pros

Meet some good people. Flexible.

Cons

commission mostly

Out for themselves

The division managers at first come across as your friend, like they will be there with you every step of the way. What it really is is they get paid for everyone they bring on and when you fail, they get your clients - they pick through the potential god ones and throw away the bad ones to any new advisors or associates coming aboard. It’s a vicious cycle and only a few will last. If you are lucky enough to get on as an associate and have good mentor you might have a fighting chance but a good mentor who will actually give you some time is hard to come by. Most are out for themselves.

Formationexcellente

En ajustement vu les changements dans l’industrie-difficile pour un nouveau conseiller sans ´book.

Pros

Formation et ressources, plus d’outils

Cons

Difficile de developper de zéro avec les nouvelles structures de rémunération

No Salary commission based

I worked for IG for 3 full years on commission base. At the begining the income was good as commission start at 3.5% but went down every year by 0.5% at the end of my 3 years my commission was 0.5%

Pros

High commission when you start

Cons

Lots of office fees ending up by you owe money to IG

Amazing work culture, great job.

Strong guidelines for design work. The environment is wonderful and the people are amazing. Management is accessible without being overbearing. Cool design spaces

Pros

Work from home when necessary, flexible work hours.

Cons

Can’t think of any to be honest.

Bad Management

No regard for employees, focus on getting money Corporate policies are not necessarily practiced at the ground level Management is too deep in employees personal details

Disappointed

The management have no regard for employees , treat them as machines doing work as far as they serve their needs. Never dealt with such incompetent and inexperienced leadership. No focus on employee growth and training

Pros

Salary and benefits are market competitive

Cons

Management, leadership, work pressure, bad treatment

Supportive friendly work environment

Comprehensive training and support, fun, competitive work environment with excellent corporate support. Very community minded organization, overall a great work experience.

Need years to build a real book of business

Company will dazzle you with products, company size and specialist services. Lots of great training and ability to learn the industry, however the deductions off an already paltry commission totally have you barely making ends for all your work .

Excellent firm, good support for representatives

Excellent team work and meetings for encouragement and coaching Great investment management good returns good know your client investigative tool Lots of resources

Productive workplace

excellent training, and on-going support for sales consultant. Demanding but fair as commission sales are meant to be. Training is first rate. managers are willing to help

Pros

Performance bases

Cons

you must be driven to succeed.

Excellent Career and Competitive company

I have been with IG now for over 15 years and have developed a fantastic client base. I work hard and have been rewarded by taking care of my clients. The compensation system is very fair and competitive. The products are very highly rated and they have negotiable fees. IG has become a very powerful company in the past years and have fantastic planning outcomes for clients. This has been an amazing career for me and my family.

Not really running your own business

Will sell you on running your own business but you're really not. The further you go the deeper you're in with them. Corporate policies are not necessarily practiced at the ground level.

productive, problem solving skills. learning experiences

It was a positive experience that helped me learn about the financial feild.Taught me how to put financial plans together for clients. I analyzed how well investments as well as the business did throughout advanced spreadsheets.Also helped market for the team through social media.

Check Your Moral's at the Door

Commission only contractor model designed to churn through consultants and clients. Not sure about the current model, but when I left 10 years ago Deferred Sales Charge mutual funds were the bread and butter.

Productive workplace

One has to build their own portfolio to succeed, again commission based may not be attractive for everyone, especially when trying to raise a family and you are the sole breadwinner.

Fast Paced Atmosphere with Room to Grow

Working within the financial industry requires attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast paced atmosphere and excellent customer service and computer skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IG Wealth Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement