IG Wealth Management Employee Reviews

Consultants succeed if they are Workaholics
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 December 2018
There is no work-life balance. It is astonishing to read of the experiences at head office and how much on the other end of the scale the life of the Consultant (aka Independent Contractor) actually front facing to clients is.
There is zero job security, ever changing expectations, and huge bureaucratic, employee heavy Head office to deal with every day just to open accounts and make changes. Then if you actually sell insurance policies, there is other big, bureaucratic insurance company head offices to deal with.
The last 2 1/2 years, the majority of our time has been spent trying to keep up with all the changes, which do not put the client first.

DO NOT quit your job to come work here with the carrot of "controlling your own schedule" "flexible work hours" and "self-employment" helping quide your decision.

The only new people that will be successful as Financial Consultants in the new IG Wealth Management world will be those moving an existing book of business from a bank.

And the culture does not support women or people with any kind of disability, and forget being an international person.

The latest changes are forcing us to abandon younger accumulators with under $50,000 in investments. I didn't mind the pace of change so much until head office and the new management team tells us who we can serve for clients. Soon enough, they will be taking over clients with under $100,000. These are the exact people I joined the company to help develop and coach them with their finances.

And now Head office wants us to "team up" with people to make minimum business
  more... size of $50,000,000 investable assets, also not what I signed up for.

If you don't know that the financial services industry and insurance industry in Canada are in a major turbulent period of time, please research this before deciding to join this sector.
Pros
Wide variety of products and services, Training provided
Cons
Long hours to be successful, Pay for your own software $300/month, Pay for your own office $500+/mo, nth Pay for your own computer $50/month, Terrible parking, Competitive environment, Backstabbing coworkers, No support, Don't get sick (terrible disability plan) and expensive Health & Dental Plan, No admin work support
Its a great place to work. I was able to have a flexible schedule so that I could attend school.
Bilingual Brokerage Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2018
Its a great place to work. I was able to learn customer service skills along with gaining call center experience. I was able to have a flexible schedule so that I could attend school.
Respectful, bustling, community-minded group of entrepreneurs
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam and Burnaby, BC17 October 2018
- surrounded by people who I'm proud to be associated with
- admire the company's quest to improve the financial state of Canadian families by both growing wealth with investments and protecting it with insurances
- the office environment is professional by which I mean productive, calm, respectful, and earnest
Pros
fun Client events and impactful presentations
Cons
office can be quiet when Consultants are out at Client appointments, I prefer more people in the office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IG Wealth Management. Our community is ready to answer.

IG Wealth Management Reviews by Location