iFLY Employee Reviews

Dream Job!
Support Center Team Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, Texas8 April 2019
This is a world class organization. Working along side passionate, innovative, outside the box thinkers that bring the dream of flight to all of our customers. Customer service driven on every level internal/external. Wicked smart team members, professional, yet kind, compassionate and down to earth. The company provides first class perks. A company that supports work/life balance. Free flight time. Highlight of my career. Grateful for the opportunity to be on the iFLY team.
Pros
The people and helping provide the dream of flight to customers from 3 to 103
Cons
There are none
The company needs an overhaul
Skydiving Instructor/Social Media (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL4 April 2019
As a flight instructor my job was extremely fun. HOWEVER, management destroys the spirits of even their best employees. Most people hired into managment rolls have no clue what they're doing, and it dismantles their teams. Corporate couldn't care less about their employees at the operations level... only at the corporate level. They're too busy handing out high salaries and bonuses to people who literally contribute nothing to the company. Meanwhile, the instructors can't afford to eat, and live in their cars in tunnels parking lots.

If you're a skydiver looking to refine your body flight skills, then becoming an instructor makes sense for a little while. Take advantage of the flight time and training, and then get out ASAP.
Pros
Free flight time, but they're starting to slowly take that benefit away
Cons
No breaks for instructors unless somebody turns their tunnel into the labor division
fun job with paid training.
Flight Instructor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA19 March 2019
typical day. gear up, greet guests, guide guests through training, fly guests, sell return packages. rinse and repeat.
I learned how to fly in a wind tunnel.
management was ridged and uncooperative. rules and regulations were enforced strictly.
everyone complained about management and management did very little to address these complaints so the culture was a little hostile.
the hardest part of the job was the physical destruction of your body guiding the guests through flights with little to no breaks.
the most enjoyable part of the job was after you guide the guests through a flight you get to show them what can be done in the tunnel after proper training with a 1 min flight.
Pros
free flight time
Cons
short to no breaks. very physically demanding and damaging
A thrill seekers dream
Flight Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA15 January 2019
Working for iFly was the most enjoyable job Ive had. It is a fast-paced, skill driven, enduring line of work that I thoroughly enjoyed. It requires a bold amount of confidence and leadership to provide the best experience for all customers who want to partake in this wild adventure. The majority of instructors have incredible positive personalities, as their aren't many jobs in the world like it. All instructions show ambition and pride in their work, you couldn't make it in this industry without compassion towards your work. Communication skills are key, being able to work with large groups or families is crucial to being successful. I loved flying and I greatly miss the work experience I had during my time with iFly.
Run Away. Looks fun but isn't worth it.
Flight Instructor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJ11 November 2018
I have worked with iFLY for over 2 years and they continue to amaze me with how little they care about their employees. Underpaid, over stressed. Micro Managed, unappreciated. Little to no career progression. I would highly recommend NOT working at iFLY unless you hate yourself or really want to deal with it for 80-90 minutes of flight time a month. I could go on for a long time about how terrible the company is, How they don't appreciate their employees and run their business like a cash grab rather than a sport. But at the end of the day it's your decision of whether the pro's out-weigh the cons

Goodluck
Pros
Flight Time, Co-Workers Sometimes Cool
Cons
Everything else, Management all around, disorganized, Little to no communication, Not Respected or Treated like you matter and the pay shows, Too many to list
Great people, cool place to work; paid in pennies.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CA17 October 2018
The job itself is unique. Not many people can say they worked at an indoor skydiving wind tunnel. They even give you 40 minutes of free time in the tunnel each month with free coaching as well. The customer service reps truly are the backbone of the business but are not paid well at all. Commissions are cool but they don't add much to what is already a slim paycheck.
Manager/Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FL2 September 2018
Great atmosphere, everyone enjoys their job and it really helps to promote a fun loving work environment. Management provides ample learning opportunities to grow both professionally and personally.
Fun place but for those that have time!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA20 August 2018
The facility is great! High energy individuals that are mostly the core of the facility. We love giving the best experience to the guests with the service and as well our personalities
Pros
Staff flight perks, great CSRs and instructors
Cons
Micro managing, too many emails, over communication, aggressive sales tactics
Great Place To Work
Trainer Level 2/Level 4 Flight Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VA26 July 2018
Great Place To Work
I recommend it to anyone
staff is always friendly
managers are usually understanding and on the staffs side
good environment
go for it
Sales Manager Review
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  United States12 July 2018
Great place to work. The company is still growing but they love to involve all team members in the development of new idea and best practices. Growth opportunity is slim.
Used to be a fun place to work...
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  No10 June 2018
I have been with this company for years now. I joined when there were less than 10 iFLY's. When I started, things were great. Fast forward, they are hiring upper management from outside the company and most of the time they have no idea how the business operates. They also do not have the same passion as people who worked their way up from inside the company. Communication from corporate level is TERRIBLE. They keep rolling out new things and 90% of the time we find out 2-3 days after that it had already been rolled out. I used to say the earned flight time was awesome, but now I do not even want to be there after I have clocked out.
Pros
Virgin Pulse rewards app
Hard Work
Wind Tunnel Instructor CSR (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA5 June 2018
Aggressive customers, inconsistent hours, lack of training, lack of management, decent benefits, "free" flight time, no room for advancement, company is bought out often, no breaks including meal breaks.
Pros
Free Flight Time when applicable.
Job?
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX30 May 2018
I think that individually, the job could be great. The problem is higher ups shoot themselves in the foot and kill tunnel momentum. They counter market themselves, give unattainable goals, and offer no support to tunnels struggling with business. They're very much about numbers and nothing else. Whats most frustrating is the CEO is great. His ideals are on point. The people executing them are not so great.
Pros
Flight time.
Cons
Changes without knowledge, flimsy structure, lack of necessary equipment for work.
Different from expectations but not bad
Seasonal Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 January 2018
I actually worked inside Costco locations, selling the holiday promotion which isn’t what I was expecting prior to the interview; however, I still gave it a shot. The job wasn’t bad just sometimes got boring. Management was helpful and easy to work with
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long shifts
Started good ended fair
Trainer, Instructor, Manager, Lead (Former Employee) –  Texas and California18 January 2018
The dream of flight used to apply when the company first expanded but then diminished as too many tunnel were built for profit only and not focused on customer service experience. Too many rules, not enough pay(benefits), micromanaging to cut the fat off after investors came in and tried to ring out every last drop of profit. It's a good job if you'd like to fly but otherwise don't recommend it because it will take more than it gives from you.
Pros
Fly Time
Cons
Pay, injury, hours, poor management, no return on investment
Fun job with Poor Management
Flight Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK15 January 2018
I love the job it self, its very self fulfilling seeing the smiles of all ages. i only wish management wouldn't create issues between staff or create more work that is unnecessary for your roll.
Pros
Free Flight time, Coworkers
Cons
Long days, Management, Pay
Excellent Product
Customer Service Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX9 January 2018
Everyone who works at iFLY loves the product! Bodyflight is incredible. The good vibes are contagious. If you don't care about bodyflight you should look elsewhere.
fun environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX5 December 2017
Its a relaxed and fun environment, can get busy at times. The culture is great. Feels like a community! Enjoy flying a lot! The hardest part of the job is on going change, the company is growing. The most enjoyable part is the great people you meet.
Ifly
Construction Manager/Onsite Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX28 November 2017
pay is garbage the hours are ok till you have to work every Friday sat Sunday. put it this way fly's rate of profit supersedes apple and they pay their employees garbage
It's Alright
CSR (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA24 October 2017
Working at iFLY is fun, but the pressure is very overwhelming. At the KoP Location, you are expected to deal with team members who do not want to be there and deal with a management system that is falling apart. A typical day at work consists of checking customers in, making sure they understand what's going to happen, answering phones, creating reservations, answering emails, responding to voicemails. You must be able to multi-task and answer all phones while checking guests in. Management is not really present, so you have to be a quick learner and self-sufficient. The hardest part of the job is being told that you aren't doing a good enough job by angry customers, but don't take it personally. The best part of the job is the free flight time you get as a staff member.
Pros
Free flight time
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iFLY. Our community is ready to answer.