IDEXX Laboratories

IDEXX Laboratories Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews
The General Manager was a puppet with the US pulling his strings. He was afraid to challenge their decisions or do things differently. He sets the pace for everyone else in senior management. They need to focus on profit and not fear losing business and do the right things instead of fearing them.
Pros
Staff were great
Cons
Management weak
Though the initial experience was ok, they reduced the pay promising they would raise it back in a month and never did so and the management was very rude.
Pleasure to work with IDEXX. Chance to learn more if your attitude towards to learn and great management. Supportive and very nice staff. Great workplace culture and
Entered data in a spreadsheet in the transportation department. This was a temporary assignment given to me by a temp agency. Coworkers were great to work with.
Seasonal contracts, rare advancement opportunities, fair amount of overtime, external hires for management have no science background - does not understand employees. Enjoyed working with coworkers but management really does not care.
Working at Idexx is a great opportunity to learn new skills and use those skills for greater advancement. However, to grow that is move up in the company is extremely difficult.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
hard work not appreciated
enjoyed my time there, and made everybody my friends. management is good and they working had to give best service possible. i would recommend this place for friends.
We have a lot to do at Idexx! But it can be fun, specially when you have a good management team that is always improving something and when you work for a company with innovation culture. During busy season things can become tough with a lot of extra work and not so much free time as we often do extra hours, but we are paied accordingly. Once busy season is over, things get smoothier. There are lots of learning opportunities and personal and career improvements, if you are willing to challenge yourself. They have a good online plataform for learning. Overall, it is hard work, but with a team effort everything ends fine!
Engagement- all on paper and meme filled powerpoint slides

Leadership- off site, or behind closed doors, luck if you see them once a month, and never on nights. They think a lot of themselves.

Culture- "not my problem', If you speak up you're considered not a team player and given feedback on being more positive. Seen people under the influence on their shift.

Work here if you can't find anything else, can work with blinders on so you don't see, but know there is no room for growth, internal promotions don't happen.
It's a great company to work for. Friendly people. Great management and great benefits such as 401K and stock. Cross-training is a plus for each employee to learn more.
They sell you the we are all in one mentality but everyone is so quick to throw you under the bus and make a big deal out of nothing.
Management is completely horrible and one-sided.
A good company to work for. Demanding but obtainable targets. Number 1 in market share. Vets really like buying from this company and their analysers work
My stay with IDEXX has been pleasant and full of learning. I acquired different skills and learned a lot about transportation. The growth opportunity is there but its very slow, management needs to improve their ways to train employees.
Pros
Growth and Benefits
Cons
Varied shifts
Dedicated staff, who are very knowledgeable in their fields. High pressure environment. Good opportunities for advancement. Work is interesting and varied.
Pros
Stimulating work environment
I loved my time here, it was interesting and a pretty fun environment although many people who were capable of performing various skills in the company were held back due to politics and management. The high pressure to work faster and get more done and to a very high, often unachievable standard lead to a stressful, sometimes biased work environment.
Pros
Good wages, each day the same but with different information, made it fun.
Cons
Lack of chance to advance. Hard to get in, no one leaves even if on long term sick leave.
I enjoyed working there, I've learned new skills.I've done my practical there, after my graduation from MLT program.The most enjoyable part was that I've learned using a microscope.
worked on the bench for a year. enjoyed the time there although my department was slashed near the end of the season due to seasonal shortage of work
Lots of on the job training. I learned a lot during my time working with IDEXX. Company now becoming too profit oriented, seems to care less about it's employees.
Pros
Regular updates in training
Cons
Completed my internship at IDEXX where they treated me kindly and respect. Had great co-workers and supervisor. The parasitolgy lead doctor was excellent to me.
Idexx is great if you get in on the day shift. Night shift however is difficult, exhausting and comparatively lower pay than most night shift work. If you are single the lack of Job/Life balance isn't a hindrance.
Pros
Excellent laboratory, great place to learn skills
Cons
Night shift, low permanent staff retainment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDEXX Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9