IDEXX Laboratories

IDEXX Laboratories Reviews: Working at IDEXX Laboratories

Canada34 reviews

managementgreatworklottimecompanypaypeople

Good opportunity - in theory

Overnight travel is significantly more than 75% and vets don’t support “drop in” visits since COVID but are enjoying phone/text/email support instead but IDEXX managers keep forcing FSRs to be “face-to-face” despite these requests. Territory coverage is huge and meeting requirements is almost impossible face-to-face vs virtually. Benefits are good. Pay is still a little low but is not a sales position so there is little room for more compensation if your paired with a less motivated sales person. Training is intense and through - you learn a lot very quickly and expectations are high. Some colleagues have formed alliances or personal relationships so they’re leery of welcoming newcomers to the team and being supportive - a lot of being nice to your face but talking behind your back which is not addressed by supervisors, especially when the “favorites” are doing it. Customers are great and managing your own schedule are blessings. If the team toxicity was addressed by managers and opportunities for more earnings were possible, it would be pretty much an ideal job.

Pros

Self-scheduling, good benefits, manage own customers, flexibility in scheduling and acceptable so long as you meet your requirements, customers are amazing!

Cons

Long hours (especially when travelling), travel into remote areas (if this includes your territory), toxic colleagues who talk behind your back, manager plays favorites and won’t deal with these people appropriately

It's a fast-paced environment so ability to adjust is a must-have. Management is OK

For entry level positions, IDEXX is great for experience. My coworkers and I agree that most laboratory positions have average to poor pay with a high demand of intense work. The work comes with a lot of experience but do not expect to continue your career as there is little room for advancement within this company.

Good coworkers, bad supervisors.

Easy but boring and repetitive wok. Coworkers are friendly but supervisors love micromanaging your work even if you are doing everything correctly. Day shift is less busy than night shift

NIce workplace with good coworkers, could get busy at times but otherwise lax .

I worked at IDEXX for a few months before the pandemic caused work shortages. It was very pleasant, understanding management, great coworkers who guide you and teach you about the dynamics of the place. Would recommend.

Pros

Environment, people

Cons

samples decrease then so do shifts

My staff were great but upper management was weak with poor communications, non collaborative.

The General Manager was a puppet with the US pulling his strings. He was afraid to challenge their decisions or do things differently. He sets the pace for everyone else in senior management. They need to focus on profit and not fear losing business and do the right things instead of fearing them.

Pros

Staff were great

Cons

Management weak

Worst experience

Though the initial experience was ok, they reduced the pay promising they would raise it back in a month and never did so and the management was very rude.

Supportive and very nice staff

Pleasure to work with IDEXX. Chance to learn more if your attitude towards to learn and great management. Supportive and very nice staff. Great workplace culture and

Fine

Entered data in a spreadsheet in the transportation department. This was a temporary assignment given to me by a temp agency. Coworkers were great to work with.

Team is great, management not quite so

Seasonal contracts, rare advancement opportunities, fair amount of overtime, external hires for management have no science background - does not understand employees. Enjoyed working with coworkers but management really does not care.

Great start

Working at Idexx is a great opportunity to learn new skills and use those skills for greater advancement. However, to grow that is move up in the company is extremely difficult.

Pros

learning new skills

Cons

hard work not appreciated

nice place to work if you get the right position

enjoyed my time there, and made everybody my friends. management is good and they working had to give best service possible. i would recommend this place for friends.

Fast paced lab with good opportunities

We have a lot to do at Idexx! But it can be fun, specially when you have a good management team that is always improving something and when you work for a company with innovation culture. During busy season things can become tough with a lot of extra work and not so much free time as we often do extra hours, but we are paied accordingly. Once busy season is over, things get smoothier. There are lots of learning opportunities and personal and career improvements, if you are willing to challenge yourself. They have a good online plataform for learning. Overall, it is hard work, but with a team effort everything ends fine!

Bad and getting worse by the day

Engagement- all on paper and meme filled powerpoint slides Leadership- off site, or behind closed doors, luck if you see them once a month, and never on nights. They think a lot of themselves. Culture- "not my problem', If you speak up you're considered not a team player and given feedback on being more positive. Seen people under the influence on their shift. Work here if you can't find anything else, can work with blinders on so you don't see, but know there is no room for growth, internal promotions don't happen.

Fast paced lab with good opportunities

Fun, great environment

It's a great company to work for. Friendly people. Great management and great benefits such as 401K and stock. Cross-training is a plus for each employee to learn more.

No room to grow

They sell you the we are all in one mentality but everyone is so quick to throw you under the bus and make a big deal out of nothing. Management is completely horrible and one-sided.

Good products for Vets

A good company to work for. Demanding but obtainable targets. Number 1 in market share. Vets really like buying from this company and their analysers work

Great Place to learn and grow

My stay with IDEXX has been pleasant and full of learning. I acquired different skills and learned a lot about transportation. The growth opportunity is there but its very slow, management needs to improve their ways to train employees.

Pros

Growth and Benefits

Cons

Varied shifts

Stimulating work environment

Dedicated staff, who are very knowledgeable in their fields. High pressure environment. Good opportunities for advancement. Work is interesting and varied.

Pros

Stimulating work environment

Good Company, hard to advance without a degree.

I loved my time here, it was interesting and a pretty fun environment although many people who were capable of performing various skills in the company were held back due to politics and management. The high pressure to work faster and get more done and to a very high, often unachievable standard lead to a stressful, sometimes biased work environment.

Pros

Good wages, each day the same but with different information, made it fun.

Cons

Lack of chance to advance. Hard to get in, no one leaves even if on long term sick leave.

n/a

I enjoyed working there, I've learned new skills.I've done my practical there, after my graduation from MLT program.The most enjoyable part was that I've learned using a microscope.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDEXX Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement